Deleted

Affliction Warlock Tunnel vision Mastery or not

So i was wondering.. i've been simcrafting my character with different reforges a billion of times and i always get that mastery is by far better than haste at any point. So basicaly shouldnt stacking pure mastery even over getting haste softcaps (4717/6637) be more benefical?

Right now i am running with the 6637 haste breakpoint and i haven't actualy tried stacking pure mastery in raids yet though i'm gonna try it out soonish.

I can't link my armory due to not enough posts but check ignocia on the eu armory if you wanna check out my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nocia/advanced - specify your server next time if you would, there's another Ignocia level 90 warlock; had to check hastes.

On the subject of haste and mastery, you're really best off reading the "state of current theorycrafting" thread, but in short, a lot is "in limbo" and you shouldn't see LARGE DPS fluctuations between haste-heavy and mastery-heavy builds at this moment, but you should go ahead and try whatever seems most compelling for you to try; if you see a large effect, you may be playing better within the parameters dictated by the change in reforging from a mastery-heavy build. The haste caps are still somewhat valuable assuming you almost always renew your dots during the pandemic window, and not beforehand when strong procs are active, but these fluctuations are still "minor" (~1 tick of MG per set of 12-16 refreshes? I haven't double checked since I'm in a heavy haste build atm).

"try it"

Deleted
    Haste is fine for when theres 1+ targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    i am not allowed to link in my posts lol - specify your server next time if you would, there's another Ignocia level 90 warlock; had to check hastes.

On the subject of haste and mastery, you're really best off reading the "state of current theorycrafting" thread, but in short, a lot is "in limbo" and you shouldn't see LARGE DPS fluctuations between haste-heavy and mastery-heavy builds at this moment, but you should go ahead and try whatever seems most compelling for you to try; if you see a large effect, you may be playing better within the parameters dictated by the change in reforging from a mastery-heavy build. The haste caps are still somewhat valuable assuming you almost always renew your dots during the pandemic window, and not beforehand when strong procs are active, but these fluctuations are still "minor" (~1 tick of MG per set of 12-16 refreshes? I haven't double checked since I'm in a heavy haste build atm).

"try it"
    I am both of those ignocias :< i transfered to sylvanas for a few months ago and my thunderhorn version of my warlock never dissapears for some reason... Anyways i tested full mastery on empress heroic today and the results are quite insane with full mastery i ended P1 with 154k dps ( i havent tried in my usual 6637 haste build tho) but i assume that is quite good..

This is how haste and mastery scale for you.

But yeah, you should read the thread in my signature where the topic has been handled.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Haste is fine for when theres 1+ targets.
    If you mean that haste pulls ahead on more than one target you're probably wrong. When there's no channeling on your dots it's more likely that mastery gets stronger. The scaling of the dots ticking alone should be in favory of mastery.

This can be checked by removing MG and DS from the APL in SimCraft. When I do it for my char the value of Haste/Mastery goes from 3.03/2.74 to 1.18/1.24.

Deleted
    Oh thanks i'm not that good at using simcraft =/ so what u mean is in the end it is a little but it is there damage increase to go for the softcaps? also on fight e.g will of the emperor a flat mastery build would pull ahead? and similar heavy multi dot fights

Both questions are answered in the first post of the thread that's been mentioned.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...es-for-gearing

Deleted
    well, it is how simcraft is set, it greatly values those breakpoints to a point where they are better than mastery, but generally, it shows that mastery is better than haste except for the breakpoints and at some point the scale factors of mastery and haste come very close together(for me in ilvl 490 gear, it shows a difference of 0,02) but keep in mind, it is only a program, and it cant simulate you, so take the result with a grain of salt.

personally, i prefer haste over mastery but i do seem to get a very good result with a mastery build, i could exchange 1900 mastery for haste to reach the next break point(sim craft says it would give me a 5-600 dps increase) but i would have to gem for it, which i dont feel is an option, eventho i can easily get the gems for it, maybe i should just suck it up and try it out, ironically, doing this would bring mastery and haste closer together for me, as i got 7k mastery and 4737 haste now, trying to reach next haste break point would give me around 6637 haste and 5100 mastery and this might be why it says i gain a dps increase from doing it as opposed to now, where the difference is greater, and honestly i feel that 5100 mastery is a bit on the low side.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-01-14 at 01:53 AM.

I don't understand what you are trying to recommend. You want more mastery because it makes you feel better? Nothing you are saying is making much sense because you're not posting any meat to your argument (an argument you are contradicting multiple times) and in the end you are just guessing. How would you consider this helpful at all? Can you try to at least bring some logic when recommending people how to treat their gear? Especially when you are responding after a thread has been posted which has discussed the same topic for several pages.

Deleted
    im not trying to recommend anything, in the end it is what the OP feels is best for him, not anything we recommend to him and that whatever simcraft "spits" out, isnt set in stone, and all i did was mention similar situation that im in, just with haste as opposed to mastery like the OP. the only real way to decide is to try it out, save your dps list and compare, then you'll have proof, and proof that will be better than anything simcraft would give you.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-01-14 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    im not trying to recommend anything, in the end it is what the OP feels is best for him, not anything we recommend to him and that whatever simcraft "spits" out, isnt set in stone, and all i did was mention similar situation that im in, just with haste as opposed to mastery like the OP. the only real way to decide is to try it out, save your dps list and compare, then you'll have proof, and proof that will be better than anything simcraft would give you.
    The difference in DPS from playing either setup is WELL within the "expected" DPS values for any given run. We're not talking 5k DPS difference, but even that is within expected variance, even ignoring the outliers (our BiS profile ranges from 123,477 to 141,296 DPS by attempt)... so it really does primarily come down to "which style you play better". There will never be proof from in-game pulls at this stage unless we revamp the way math is done.