1. #1
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    678

    What is my computer worth?

    I spent around 1000 dollars building it this past summer but now I need to sell it. I really need the extra cash ASAP. Plus I don't even play games anymore anyway. So here is the specs:

    ASUS P8Z77 motherboard
    Gigabyte GTX 670 video card
    NZXT Switch 810 Black full tower computer case
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD
    Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD
    G.Skill Ares 1600 8GB kit
    Phanteks Blue 140mm Heatsink, with 3 fans
    Intel Core i5 3570k overclocked to 4.1GHz
    Kingwin 1000W PSU
    Windows 7 Ultra
    8 Blue 140mm LED NZXT fans on the case
    ASUS CD/DVD Drive *don't remember the speed or anything*

    There is no damage to the computer anywhere expect up where there is the card reader and some USB ports. The flap thingie that closes over it won't come down. Its stuck open. The plastic window has no scratches as far as I can tell, along with no scratches on the case. Its still really clean and has very little dust in it.

    I will reformat the drives obviously.

    I am hoping to get anywhere from 800-anything over a thousand. But I'm not really sure what I can squeeze out of it.


    Here is a photo: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...99631959_o.jpg

  2. #2
    Around $700-800 is reasonable if the Windows is 100% legit and you have recipes and warranty for the parts. Depending on local interest it might be easier to sell it in pieces not whole.

    Could try ebay with $700 starting bid or something like that.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Around $700-800 is reasonable if the Windows is 100% legit and you have recipes and warranty for the parts. Depending on local interest it might be easier to sell it in pieces not whole.

    Could try ebay with $700 starting bid or something like that.
    The windows is 100% legit. I have everything still, the warranties, etc.

  4. #4
    Immortal Notarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    7,785
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler ($85.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($187.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($112.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($167.52 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Kingwin 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($178.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1530.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-12 19:24 EST-0500)

    + fans

    You say you build this for around $1000 with Windows 7 Ultimate? Something isn't adding up but yeah if everything is legit and not broken $800 should be no problem.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: 1440p BenQ GW2765HT 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

  5. #5
    Moderator chazus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    10,874
    Part of the issue is that there's about $300 sunk into that system that are more or less unnecessary. But about $800 sounds right. Most systems, even if almost new, are worth about 60%. It sounds like theres cosmetic damage too.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler ($85.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($187.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($112.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Switch 810 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($167.52 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Kingwin 1000W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($178.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $1530.39
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-12 19:24 EST-0500)

    + fans

    You say you build this for around $1000 with Windows 7 Ultimate? Something isn't adding up but yeah if everything is legit and not broken $800 should be no problem.
    My sister-in-law brought the Windows 7 Ultra for me. She got a really good deal on it because she was taking a networking class, or something along those lines.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Part of the issue is that there's about $300 sunk into that system that are more or less unnecessary. But about $800 sounds right. Most systems, even if almost new, are worth about 60%. It sounds like theres cosmetic damage too.
    Yeah just that one thingie won't close, that I mentioned. Other than that is in perfect shape. Since everyone thinks around 700-800, I'll start at 700 and see where it goes from there Thankyou guys!

  7. #7
    Moderator chazus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    10,874
    It might. MIGHT almost be worth it to get a cheaper, fully intact case for like $60, a nice looking one (Or something like a coolermaster 430 Elite for $40), and having that new look might make it sell for like $150 more, or closer to its true value. Selling computers is sometimes kinda like selling cars. Sometimes sprucing it up a bit, regardless of what's under the hood, increases its value more than the cost of sprucing it up.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It might. MIGHT almost be worth it to get a cheaper, fully intact case for like $60, a nice looking one (Or something like a coolermaster 430 Elite for $40), and having that new look might make it sell for like $150 more, or closer to its true value. Selling computers is sometimes kinda like selling cars. Sometimes sprucing it up a bit, regardless of what's under the hood, increases its value more than the cost of sprucing it up.
    Thank-you! I'll see about doing that then

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    711
    EDIT: I'm a retard
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-01-13 at 11:56 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    $2000 Details are in signature.

    I was lucky and got the 680 on special for $499, and the CPU for $190 down from $250. I also used the case from my old rig (Antec Eleven Hundred) so that cut off some of the price as well.
    You should probably read the OP before posting. He is asking how much his computer is worth, not yours.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    EDIT: I'm a retard
    I laughed so hard xD

    Anyhow.. You could also take every part out and start cleaning them and reapplying paste on the cpu. Clean the case because people with less knowledge about computers will be judging the computer by it's case. 800 sounds like a good price for that, I wouldn't sell it less than that.
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

    4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •