Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Starting a warrior

Hey all,

After some discussion with my guild leaders i have been told that i will be switching my main class from pally to a warrior. Overall they feel that warrior DPS is stronger than a ret pally and our current class makeup would be better suited with a warrior.
    I am leveling my warrior atm and am currently doing some research as to the spec's i should be using while in a lower ilevel ( Such as when im in LFR/Blues), up till when i get into higher ilevel (495+). I would also like to know the basic rotation for these specs and/or any other information that you think could be helpful to me.

Regards,
    Apocolips.

What is your guilds level of progress that they force class changes?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently 6/6 H MV, 2/6 H Hof, however we have recruited some new members and had a few who had to leave the team (10 man), and we were in need of a healer and managed to find a geared Holy, and for the sake of not class stacking as we already had a prot and myself, i said that i would switch to a different melee class.

If you want to read up a bit, Icy veins has a nice starting point for all specs (& all classes for that matter)

-Link-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocolips View Post
    Hey all,

After some discussion with my guild leaders i have been told that i will be switching my main class from pally to a warrior. Overall they feel that warrior DPS is stronger than a ret pally and our current class makeup would be better suited with a warrior.
    I am leveling my warrior atm and am currently doing some research as to the spec's i should be using while in a lower ilevel ( Such as when im in LFR/Blues), up till when i get into higher ilevel (495+). I would also like to know the basic rotation for these specs and/or any other information that you think could be helpful to me.

Regards,
    Apocolips.
    Ret paladins in my experience are doing fantastic. More so then warriors not to sound rude but are you doing everything on your ret right?

Ret DPS is certainly not better than Warrior, especially considering Fury is one of the best scaling specs in the game. Fury is one of the highest melee DPS specs, while Ret is one of the lowest (though not THE lowest).

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...00100000000000 (10m)
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...00100000000000 (25m)

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Ret paladins in my experience are doing fantastic. More so then warriors not to sound rude but are you doing everything on your ret right?
    I think with 3 paladins in 1 10man raid group it's not THAT bad of an idea to switch to a warrior. if he wants to ofc! it's easier for buffs/debuffs & Tokens which benefits the raid albeit not that much. but hey, it's all in the details . Plus with 5.2 in sight now's the time for a reroll to get right into the new raid as berserker with his ironclad hammer !! /HOOO
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    In all honesty. Unless you are an extreme progress focused guild it's not worth making the switch from Ret Pally to Fury Warrior. Unless you are like in the top 50 ranked guilds (or even 100) making a switch from 1 melee to another melee class is retarded. You should tell your raid leader it''s not needed not to mention the time it takes for gear to drop especially the RNG in 10-man. If your guild says no /gquit and join another guild on Ret Pally, plenty guilds out in the sea. You mentioned your guild just accepted a Holy Pally, that's your RL/GM fault, not yours.
    Last edited by mmocc97543d61d; 2013-01-13 at 09:18 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i agree with the fact that leveling is a hassle, however i don't really mind re-rolling. I have been playing the ret since vanilla and it will be nice to change class. With our current class makeup if i was too stay on the ret we would have 5 people on conq tokens in the group. Its not really the issue of spec swapping, more like it's and issue of being able to contend with our other DPS as fast as possible.

Deleted
    Yeah, i agree with the fact that leveling is a hassle, however i don't really mind re-rolling. I have been playing the ret since vanilla and it will be nice to change class. With our current class makeup if i was too stay on the ret we would have 5 people on conq tokens in the group. Its not really the issue of spec swapping, more like it's and issue of being able to contend with our other DPS as fast as possible.
    Assuming you are 490-495ish since you mentioned you are 8/16 HC and fact you still need to level warrior it going to take one month if you are lucky on drops in 10-man if not longer up to 6-8 weeks before you are at the same gear are your Ret pally. You wanna ask yourself is it really worth making this switch for this tier assuming we have still 2-3 months left? I'd say no. If you're eager making a switch from mains I'd wait till 5.2 then do it you have then a good oppertunity to catch up with gear since a new raid instance is released and most likely you'll find many gear upgrades from the new raid.

funny how the token with the least amount of classes always gets the highest amounts of people in the raid. At least that was 95% the case every time i raided with my lock
    made by Shyama