Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    How can people be so bad?

    OK resubbed back to WoW and been trying to farm up some JPs on a character I am keeping at level 85 so I can buy BoAs for alts. The groups I have been getting have been atrocious. These instances are TWO YEARS old and people still cant seem to understand how to play. Just did a Heroic Throne of Tides with a rogue, mage, and Hunter. All 3 refused to CC anything, even after I marked them, and none of the healers ever got interrupted. Also For the first and second boss I was left to solo them as everyone died to easily avoidable mechanics. Also have had similar experiences in Heroic Zuls and also Grim Batol. I could understand maybe people not fulling understanding the new MoP heroics but how can you still not understand something thats 2 years old? I mean these instances have been nerfed into the ground like 10 times since Cata went live how can you still die in them?

  2. #2
    Propably because the few people left there are the ones who simply not care. And just do these old hcs cos they cant do anything higher (no MoP etc)
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,684
    Because old content=I don't have to pay attention to anything I just press buttons to make things die.

    That's the mind set people are in prior to MoP dungeons (in my experiences). I've done a few level capped 85 heroics and yeah... they're atrocious. The Zul's have always been a cluster fuck, and the Twilight Heroics are always faceroll. However, since the people who do care about little things like not standing in fire have moved on, you're left with the rest.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Sylreick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,798
    They might have been bots. But yeah, in a game where you can basically afk to max level (exp from bg's I'm looking at you!), expect people to be terrible.

  5. #5
    Call me when you find the answer, I'd love to know aswell.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    2,843
    Funnily enough I think the answer to this sort of problem is to have a true action combat system, like Tera, Much less forgiving and people who are so bad as that, or bots, are just going to die and not get very far. Not that it can be implemented in WoW, but something for future MMO's to think about.
    Sig by ElyPop

  7. #7
    Im just glad I have a MoP geared out DK with 250k HP, 30% Parry(50% with DRW up) and 10% Dodge. I just keep going since I can solo most of them anyways. People ask for rezes and I just ignore them. Maybe running back instead of getting a mass rez will teach them not to be stupid next time.

  8. #8
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Funnily enough I think the answer to this sort of problem is to have a true action combat system, like Tera, Much less forgiving and people who are so bad as that, or bots, are just going to die and not get very far. Not that it can be implemented in WoW, but something for future MMO's to think about.
    God I hope not, I want to play an MMORPG - not Tekken.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  9. #9
    Maybe they've never done them before. I'm an excellent PvP player, but I don't hardly ever dabble in PvE content. The few times I did, which was mostly in WotLK dungeons, I often didn't have a clue what I was doing when it came to proper rotations and aggro mechanics. I was lucky in that I was grouped with people who were understanding of that and helped out instead of implying that it's all stuff I should just know. Maybe if people would stop being pricks and actually help out instead of calling everyone bad for not already knowing everything, it wouldn't be such a daunting prospect to get into different aspects of WoW.

  10. #10
    Because they are real people? There is no skill test or interest test in WoW.

    Also, just because the content has been there some time it does not mean the players have.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    God I hope not, I want to play an MMORPG - not Tekken.
    Tera IS an MMORPG, anyway it was just an off the top of my head idea, not saying every MMO should use that path.

    I noticed in my small time in Tera though that I didn't really come across people like this at higher levels.
    Sig by ElyPop

  12. #12
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fallen from Heaven
    Posts
    4,439
    The instances that you listed were some of the more difficult ones at the start of Cataclysm. People who played at the start of Cata would know how to do them, but anyone who started after that time or people who caught up by getting crafted/pvp/LFR/valor gear instead probably skipped right over those instances and have never done them before. I ran into quite a few people when I was leveling my monk who had just never done those instances.

    Those Cata instances were the first ones in awhile where people actually had to pay attention and couldn't just power through the content. I know it sounds bad but the simple solution is to assume that no one knows anything of the mechanics, and give a short, quick, polite explanation of what needs to be done if it's something that will probably wipe the group.

    If they don't respond after that, you can assume they're not real players or they're semi-afk or just don't care.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe they've never done them before. I'm an excellent PvP player, but I don't hardly ever dabble in PvE content.
    Well if you are an excellent PvPer then CC and interrupts on healers should be second nature so thats not really an excuse and would actually make you better in the case of my last instance where people flat out refused to CC or interrupt healer mobs.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,222
    Funnily enough I think the answer to this sort of problem is to have a true action combat system, like Tera
    Blaaargh.... played TERA as a healer... still got nightmares. >.<

    Thanks, but action combat in a latency based MMO? No thanks.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Blaaargh.... played TERA as a healer... still got nightmares. >.<

    Thanks, but action combat in a latency based MMO? No thanks.
    I think GW2 would be a better way to do combat especially using the different types of combo fields. Still have to dodge but it didnt feel as clunky as Tera. But then again like WoW players would ever bother to learn all the combo fields and play to their advantages. I mean if they cant even figure out "Hey this mob is healing maybe I should use one of my 3 interrupts on it" I highly doubt they will understand combo fields or even how to dodge roll.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Maybe they've never done them before. I'm an excellent PvP player, but I don't hardly ever dabble in PvE content. The few times I did, which was mostly in WotLK dungeons, I often didn't have a clue what I was doing when it came to proper rotations and aggro mechanics. I was lucky in that I was grouped with people who were understanding of that and helped out instead of implying that it's all stuff I should just know. Maybe if people would stop being pricks and actually help out instead of calling everyone bad for not already knowing everything, it wouldn't be such a daunting prospect to get into different aspects of WoW.

    This time a billion.

    People need to get this idiotic notion out of their thick skulls that just because people log into WoW they know everything about everything. Even the standard pathetic "go read strats" its utter garbage because most of the time players need to see it in action for everything to click.

    The WoW community really needs to quit acting like their time is so damn precious and raging whenever someone says they don't know a boss or whatever. If they had something better to do, they'd be doing it. Instead they are sitting on their ass playing a computer game.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    This time a billion.

    People need to get this idiotic notion out of their thick skulls that just because people log into WoW they know everything about everything. Even the standard pathetic "go read strats" its utter garbage because most of the time players need to see it in action for everything to click.

    The WoW community really needs to quit acting like their time is so damn precious and raging whenever someone says they don't know a boss or whatever. If they had something better to do, they'd be doing it. Instead they are sitting on their ass playing a computer game.
    The thing you quoted is a really, really, really bad excuse. Being a great PvP player means you know everything about your class, including your rotations and interupting healers, and staying out of bad stuff. On that note, staying out of shit on the ground is the most logical thing ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,222
    I think GW2 would be a better way to do combat especially using the different types of combo fields. Still have to dodge but it didnt feel as clunky as Tera. But then again like WoW players would ever bother to learn all the combo fields and play to their advantages. I mean if they cant even figure out "Hey this mob is healing maybe I should use one of my 3 interrupts on it" I highly doubt they will understand combo fields or even how to dodge roll.
    Only if they make Combat interesting. GW2s combat is horribly shallow and boring compared to WoWs. You basically only spam everything on cd.
    (Lv 80 Elementalist speaking)

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Only if they make Combat interesting. GW2s combat is horribly shallow and boring compared to WoWs. You basically only spam everything on cd.
    (Lv 80 Elementalist speaking)
    And this is different than WoW how? Also you are playing the most complex class in the game how can you say its boring?

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    4,222
    And this is different than WoW how? Also you are playing the most complex class in the game how can you say its boring?
    In WoW I can actually fuck up and perform bad. In GW that's not possible, because no pure role exists. You spam a bit of dps, you run around the mob a bit (tanking lol) and you heal whenever stuff is ready to maximize HPS so peeps don't go down.

    Since the cooldowns of the abilities are so long, you basically do this:
    Spam fire tree -> water -> spam healing -> lightning -> spam stuff -> Earth -> Fire should be ready by now. Rise repeat, run away.

    In solo its even more boring.
    Attribute rougly 1/3 of your stat budget to defense stats with vitality/toughness at a 3-2 ratio to compensate for low Ele base health.
    Spam fire-> autoattack till cooldowns ready -> spam more fire -> loot.
    Do not move, you don't need to. Mob can't kill you anyway.

    If mob=Veteran -> use elemental glyphs.
    Facetanking Bosses (elites? Gold border) is not recommended btw.

    You don't look "Is there a class that can use the combofield X right now?" no you spam it either way b/c your only other option would be to tickle the mobs with auto-attack.

    It's unchallenging and boring.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •