Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Anime] What is the most sad moment you can think of from a anime you watched.

"Before I start I would like to say I did not make this thread to depress anyone or anything was just wondering I think these moments in anime/movies and tv shows really bring out the best of the show itself and lets you get in touch with each character"

Like the title says what is the most sad moment in a anime you have watched. Post a video to it if you can find one.

For me Its a tie With the Major Maes Hughes Funeral in Full Metal Alchemist/FMA-Brotherhood I think Brotherhood touched on this scene a lot better then the original

And The Death Of Van Hohenheim Near the end of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I get a little choked up at these scene's.

"Major Maes Huges Funeral"

"Van Hohenheim's Death" To me this is a sad/happy moment sad he died and happy he died with a smile on his face.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-13 at 09:13 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    the end of Guilty Crown is pretty sad, yes they win, but Shu doesnt get to be with Inori.

Deleted
    The last couple of episodes in clannad after story were just pure depressing. It was a brilliant anime tho.
    If I had to pick one moment it has to be when Nagisa died right after giving birth to ushio

10+ Year Old Account
    End of Code Geass.

Deleted
    When Luffy's brother - Ace - in One Piece died. Made me cry, and not a lot of things can do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to find a non-AMV version of some of the moments. Others I could find, but only in Japanese without English subtitles.

I agree with the posts about Maes Hughes and Portugas D. Ace.

I'd say the Naruto episode(s) about Gaara's childhood.

This scene is not exactly sad, but very emotional.

And from 19:05 to 20:50 of this clip from Fairy Tail.

Last edited by Zoma; 2013-01-14 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    When the trains finally finish crossing and she's not standing there, it just breaks my heart. My stomach lurches whenever I look this movie up. I can't watch it anymore. Moves me too much. I hate unrequited love/love-faded in fiction. Can't handle it.

5cm Per Second, a visually stunning, but heart-wrenching movie. The manga, overseen by Shinkai himself, implies some hope for happiness for Takaki and the surfer girl in the final chapter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    "Before I start I would like to say I did not make this thread to depress anyone or anything was just wondering I think these moments in anime/movies and tv shows really bring out the best of the show itself and lets you get in touch with each character"

Like the title says what is the most sad moment in a anime you have watched. Post a video to it if you can find one.

For me Its a tie With the Major Maes Hughes Funeral in Full Metal Alchemist/FMA-Brotherhood I think Brotherhood touched on this scene a lot better then the original

And The Death Of Van Hohenheim Near the end of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I get a little choked up at these scene's.

"Major Maes Huges Funeral"

Definitely Maes Huges.. Manly tears were shed all round.

2nd goes to:

3rd:

Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    When ash had to let butterfree go and that one episode where they are in the cave - 'near death' due to a blizzard or whatever...
    sad times...

and the first pokemon movie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanachan View Post
    The last couple of episodes in clannad after story were just pure depressing. It was a brilliant anime tho.
    If I had to pick one moment it has to be when Nagisa died right after giving birth to ushio
    Oh god yeah... I'd forgotten that, I think my mind has just blanked out the whole second series of that show, was so freakin depressing :S

And as sad as the part you mentioned is... the part which really got me was When Ushio then died of the same freakin condition.... what the hell is wrong with the people that wrote that show...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    From what I remember, the most sad moment is from Naruto Shipudden.

When Naruto goes fight Pein and he is beaten down, Hinata came to his rescue and Pein beat the shit out of her, I thought she was going to die. x.x But she didn't gladly!

10+ Year Old Account

yea, this was my saddest moment too. This show was just a whirlwind of sad moments with way too many to really mention.

I wouldnt really call it sad but the most emotional part of clannad for me was when Tomoya finally embraces his daughter in the field of flowers

I will refrain from posting video as this show deserves to be watched start to finish.
    Last edited by Skronk; 2013-01-13 at 03:47 PM.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Definitely Maes Huges.. Manly tears were shed all round
    Ya spikes death was sad also. What made it really sad was like the last 15mins of the show you just knew he was going to his death.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    From what I remember, the most sad moment is from Naruto Shipudden.

When Naruto goes fight Pein and he is beaten down, Hinata came to his rescue and Pein beat the shit out of her, I thought she was going to die. x.x But she didn't gladly!
    I have yet to watch Naruto Shipudden or even finish the original been wanting to but omg there is a lot of episodes lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]I have yet to watch Naruto Shipudden or even finish the original been wanting to but omg there is a lot of episodes lol.[/QUOTE]

It's a whole lot easier to just read the manga, although if you really want to watch the anime just make sure you skip all the terrible fillers and you get less episodes on your hand.

OT: Gotta go with a moment from Naruto Shippuden, too.

Jirayia's death is the closest I've got to crying over an anime, he was one of my favorite characters and the whole build up to his death... God it was horrible to watch!

Pretty much any death in One Piece... Also when the crew gets seperated, and the Merry..... Oh god! The Merry!!!!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That one time that Krillin died.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Quote Originally Posted by masterrofl12 View Post
    It's a whole lot easier to just read the manga, although if you really want to watch the anime just make sure you skip all the terrible fillers and you get less episodes on your hand.

OT: Gotta go with a moment from Naruto Shippuden, too.
    I don't mind fillers as long as there halfway decent. Like some of bleach's was ok and some was out right stupid. "Like the ones for it being 10 years old" Where ichigo looked like aladdin.

Deleted
    I'll have to agree to this one. Clannad really had the ability to affect my emotions, be it laughing, crying, or just being a bit teary eyed.

Hughes funeral is also something i can agree to though.

Otherwise i guess there were some pretty sad moments in Angel Beats, Steins;Gate and TTGL (if you have seen them, you can probably figure them out yourself :P).

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post

3rd:

yea this one was epic.

Blue gender when girl with cookies got eaten.

oh and when Vegita sacrifices his life to defeat Magin Bu.
    Last edited by Gouky; 2013-01-13 at 09:11 PM.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

To pull another one from Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood.

It was a touching moment when Al Sacrifice himself so Ed could have his arm back to beat the Dwarf in the flask. In the next episode ED beats the hell out of "The Dwarf in the flask aka father".

Also Couldn't find a video to it but another moment from FMA "Original" when scar died to make the stone.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-13 at 09:09 PM.