Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Pvp in its current state

    It's an absolute disaster. There has been times where pvp has been out of whack but this season is by far the worst. Bots are littering the bgs especially cta. The gear gap is massive and ya know skill > gear but man now it's the other way. No matter how skilled you are if the other guy us in malevolent, you in dreadful, chances of winning are really slim. Win trading is giving inexperienced players access to god mode with the T1, no amount of gear-less skill will stop a back pedalling hunter. The amount of cc and burst right now is just insane it's like trying to fight the 4 elves in bc raid. One stuns you one fears you in an endless cc chain.

    I am speech less. I never thought blizzard would let this sorta thing happen. Sure in the past we had fotm that everyone wants to play but this season fotm is crazy. Blizzard really needs to pull their heads out of their a holes and address this issue. 5. 2 better be good me and 5 other friends are ready to give up but just hanging in there hoping next patch will even things out.

    Thanks for your time please share your opinions

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,623
    I'm not sure what to say. The state of pvp might be "the worst ever" - but do you really think patch 5.2 is going to suddenly fix it all? I know you know better than that - they have never fixed it. There is always Fotm class(es) - but recently it has become the flavor of the expansion classes - and you have to deal with an OP class or two the whole expansion. Really just pray your class gets looked at for buffs in pvp, but no matter what happens I highly doubt everything will be all nice and balanced because of 5.2.

  3. #3
    I can deal with fotm classes, but the endless amount of CC is what's really killing this game for me.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,123
    I think this thread gets created like 2-3 times a week. It is MUCH better than it was, much closer to where it should be. These threads are usually L2P issues, CC is a problem, but there is always another side to the coin, maybe try CC'ing them?

    As far as Malev winning against those in dreadful.....thats how it supposed to be. If im in heroic blues, and someone is in full t15 or t14 (whatever it is atm) OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO DO BETTER THAN ME. that argument is prett much invalid.

    PS: posting that you are going to quit playing unless 5.2 is amazing is pointless. A)blizzard is likely never to see this thread. B) I highly doubt that they are going to ask you if it is to your standards. (and i hate to say it, but 5 people out of 10 million, isnt going to make them bat an eye. And even if you thought 5.2 sucked, I doubt you would and ur "friends" would quit, aka im calling your bluff.

    Just PvP, gear up, get to the point where u see others, and then rock shit. But creating a thread that has been created HUNDREDS of times before you will do nothing.

  5. #5
    It can be quite difficult to CC if your being chain CC'd.

    Gear should be an advantage, it should not be a deal breaker like it currently is.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I think this thread gets created like 2-3 times a week. It is MUCH better than it was, much closer to where it should be. These threads are usually L2P issues, CC is a problem, but there is always another side to the coin, maybe try CC'ing them?

    As far as Malev winning against those in dreadful.....thats how it supposed to be. If im in heroic blues, and someone is in full t15 or t14 (whatever it is atm) OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO DO BETTER THAN ME. that argument is prett much invalid.

    PS: posting that you are going to quit playing unless 5.2 is amazing is pointless. A)blizzard is likely never to see this thread. B) I highly doubt that they are going to ask you if it is to your standards. (and i hate to say it, but 5 people out of 10 million, isnt going to make them bat an eye. And even if you thought 5.2 sucked, I doubt you would and ur "friends" would quit, aka im calling your bluff.

    Just PvP, gear up, get to the point where u see others, and then rock shit. But creating a thread that has been created HUNDREDS of times before you will do nothing.


    So first you say it's a L2P issue...then you freely admit it's a gear issue and should be.

    I'll say your post is a /pull your head out of blizzards...issue.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,719
    A big part of people that pay subs are cheaters/bots/hackers etc and Blizzards afraid of banning them because that would hurt not only for them, but actually for us normal players too.

    If lets say 50% of these guys would be banned, we would see a much more empty world, like playing 1v1 in a big CS map. The difference is that CS is fun.

    Sure people can argue but i made an account just to try getting myself banned to see the truth. And the truth is something most people cant accept.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    A big part of people that pay subs are cheaters/bots/hackers etc and Blizzards afraid of banning them because that would hurt not only for them, but actually for us normal players too.

    If lets say 50% of these guys would be banned, we would see a much more empty world, like playing 1v1 in a big CS map. The difference is that CS is fun.

    Sure people can argue but i made an account just to try getting myself banned to see the truth. And the truth is something most people cant accept.
    This is true. I have an account for the purpose of just botting the hell out of it because i want to see how big the risks are of getting banned.

    Ive been botting herbs, ore, battlegrounds and questing for a year now and not even heard anything from a GM or anything. Blizz cares!

  9. #9
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    14
    i completly agree to the subject although im not convinced on the absolute opinion in which the OP speaks.

  10. #10
    The Patient derp singed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    in the League of Draven
    Posts
    225
    If i cant win against people i totally outplay just because their gear is 20 itemlvls higher something is terribly wrong with the pvp in that game. It just feels retarded to get dumped on by droolers n other bads because they have better gear or have one cooldown more up than i do.

  11. #11
    Blademaster Zots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    If i cant win against people i totally outplay just because their gear is 20 itemlvls higher something is terribly wrong with the pvp in that game. It just feels retarded to get dumped on by droolers n other bads because they have better gear or have one cooldown more up than i do.
    I don't mean to be "that guy", but if those players are just some "bads" and you're mr. pro elite, why do they have better gear than you? Might want to think about that.

  12. #12
    Even cata pvp was better than mop. They really screwed it by overlooking a lot of stuff.

    And I hate the fact that 5-6 skills work differently in pvp. Either make them all different for pvp or don't touch anything at all. %30 healing nerf in pvp, colossus smash, frost bomb and some other stuff that I can't remember right now work differently in pvp. How is a new player supposed to know all this stuff? Its just a mess..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    I don't mean to be "that guy", but if those players are just some "bads" and you're mr. pro elite, why do they have better gear than you? Might want to think about that.
    Because they started playing 4 weeks before me?
    Do you even know how gear wors in PvP nowdays?
    The ilvl difference btw honor gear and fully upgrade malevolent is retarded big, its like the guy in honor is playing in tbc gear and the fully epic guys is playing with wotlk gear, its one freaking expansion of difference.
    And thats not the worst part, the worst part is, with this crap upgrade thing you wont ever catch up, till the end of the season, if you upgrade you gear every week the guy in fully epic will still have parts to upgrade too so the gap remains the same.

    Theres a reason why blizzard said there wont be upgrade gear next season, and they will change the way arena gear works, its just sad they gave up on this season already.

  14. #14
    Even cata pvp was better than mop. They really screwed it by overlooking a lot of stuff.
    apart from the MMR disaster and legendary's i really think Cata was perfectly fine i never understood all the hoo har about cata pvp.

    all thats wrong now is too much burst + instant CC's take away some burst, put cast times on CC's...bam i think MoP will be fantastic.

    on a side note if i was blizzard i would balance all classes around PvP then balance the PvE BOSSES to the class(s) its much, much easier to give bosses less / more HP depending on the DPS going out or adjust the phase times / Enrage timers etc....it just mind boggles me.

  15. #15
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,401
    make all spells and abilities function differently in pvp than in pve and problem solved. much easier to balance both sides of the game if they would just go ahead and bit the bullet and do it. the only downside is that they say it would take some time and even if the game benefitted from this people would bitch and complain that they spent too much time on this than producing content

  16. #16
    Take a deep breath, relax, ignore pvp until changes are announced/made, then go from there. That's what I'm doing and I'm 100x happier than being a free kill in pvp.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Because they started playing 4 weeks before me?
    Do you even know how gear wors in PvP nowdays?
    The ilvl difference btw honor gear and fully upgrade malevolent is retarded big, its like the guy in honor is playing in tbc gear and the fully epic guys is playing with wotlk gear, its one freaking expansion of difference.
    And thats not the worst part, the worst part is, with this crap upgrade thing you wont ever catch up, till the end of the season, if you upgrade you gear every week the guy in fully epic will still have parts to upgrade too so the gap remains the same.

    Theres a reason why blizzard said there wont be upgrade gear next season, and they will change the way arena gear works, its just sad they gave up on this season already.
    This is how it should be. They have played more than you, earned more points to spend than you. This is the design. Convert this to PVE. Should I have the same gear as someone if I started 4 weeks later? Should I be able to pull the same DPS as that person? No.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Drixar View Post
    apart from the MMR disaster and legendary's i really think Cata was perfectly fine i never understood all the hoo har about cata pvp.

    all thats wrong now is too much burst + instant CC's take away some burst, put cast times on CC's...bam i think MoP will be fantastic.

    on a side note if i was blizzard i would balance all classes around PvP then balance the PvE BOSSES to the class(s) its much, much easier to give bosses less / more HP depending on the DPS going out or adjust the phase times / Enrage timers etc....it just mind boggles me.
    This is not the issue. If you did this, the problem of DPS balance would arise. Its not about boss HP/damage. If you did this you could have Fire Mages doing 100k DPS, while the next highest class/spec could be something like BM hunters at 70K DPS and then they keep getting lower from there. This would cause obvious problems..... PVP isn't just balanced around DPS. PVP takes into account cooldowns, survivability, CC and others to find "balance."

    For instance, if you used that model. it could turn out that Pally wings would be on a 5 minute CD, this would mean, to make up for a longer CD in PVE, other cooldowns would need to get beetter, which would of course unbalance the PVP again.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    I don't mean to be "that guy", but if those players are just some "bads" and you're mr. pro elite, why do they have better gear than you? Might want to think about that.

    People start late for various reasons. the better geared person could've bought rbg carries with gold or real money(both of which is absurd).



    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is how it should be. They have played more than you, earned more points to spend than you. This is the design. Convert this to PVE. Should I have the same gear as someone if I started 4 weeks later? Should I be able to pull the same DPS as that person? No.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 10:11 AM ----------


    Again, gear should give you a advantage, it should not be the decisive factor.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    People start late for various reasons. the better geared person could've bought rbg carries with gold or real money(both of which is absurd).






    Again, gear should give you a advantage, it should not be the decisive factor.
    I don't disagree, but trying to compare the worst pvp gear to the best pvp gear is silly. There has to be a point where the gear is so much better... Again, would you expect me, in heroic blues to be able to come close to competing with you, who wears 2/2 upgraded top tier heroic raiding gear? No matter how much skill I have at my class?

    I think a lot of threads are just people feeling better than their opponents, then noticing their opponents had better gear and use that as a cop out. Its kind of sad. I've never seen the math done on how MUCH better the worst is compared to the best.. but I'm sorry OP, I doubt you are THAT skilled that you should be even close to being able to beating someone in fully upgraded malev.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't disagree, but trying to compare the worst pvp gear to the best pvp gear is silly. There has to be a point where the gear is so much better... Again, would you expect me, in heroic blues to be able to come close to competing with you, who wears 2/2 upgraded top tier heroic raiding gear? No matter how much skill I have at my class?
    Comparing pvp to pve isnt making a very good point. PvE, espeically in dps role, is about the dps. Equal skill - gear decides the dps. And thats it.

    In pvp, IT SHOULD come down to a lot more than just dps. In the current state of pvp, it doesn't. If you have t2 and full gear, people die in 1-3 'shots'. This is the biggest problem, the point is, doesn't matter how much skill a person has if the other person kills them in 2 hits. Gear should help, not make it impossible for the other person to react.

    Not saying that TBC was the 'perfect state' but you only to see the HUGE difference in the amount of time it took to kill someone / games to see that the gear is a big problem. The upgradable gear just isn't fun and isnt right for pvp, the ilvl gap was too big to begin with and they just made it worse.

    If gear is suppose to decide the fight, and upgradeable gear is the path they want to take, then fine...but don't expect 'pvp players' to play this game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •