Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Goddammit, lol. Had to bring up the raptor army he brought to fight a bunch of dragons.

    Knowledge and skill? So a bunch of elves going into withdrawal that had been cut off from the light for years know more about the light and how to use it than one of the most veteran paladins of Azeroth? Elves may have taught the arcane to humans, but the humans taught the elves about the light.
    And again, M'uru planned on being captured. It is entirely possible that the Sin'dorei only thought they were forcibly taking the Light, when M'uru was infact granting it in order to allow for the creation of the Blood Knights which would eventually bring about the Sin'dorei's redemption
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  2. #142
    Regardless of your position on Sylvanas, she certianly sparks more debate than the entirety of the other faction leaders combined.
    The fact that there are so many sides to the debate, each side raising good points, makes her amazing to me. And I have no 'faction loyalty' so to speak either so its not horde bias saying that.

  3. #143
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Knowledge and skill? So a bunch of elves going into withdrawal that had been cut off from the light for years know more about the light and how to use it than one of the most veteran paladins of Azeroth? Elves may have taught the arcane to humans, but the humans taught the elves about the light.
    Allow me to remind you that Silvermoon magisters are the masters of magic. And they proved that with enough skill in magic manipulation, you can make a paladin out of anyone even if he's an utter faithless bastard. The fact that Turalyon is one of the first does not automatically mean that he is the most powerful or competent, otherwise an average draenei paladin would easily outshine Ashbringer.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  4. #144
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Allow me to remind you that Silvermoon magisters are the masters of magic. And they proved that with enough skill in magic manipulation, you can make a paladin out of anyone even if he's an utter faithless bastard. The fact that Turalyon is one of the first does not automatically mean that he is the most powerful or competent, otherwise an average draenei paladin would easily outshine Ashbringer.
    There are no draenei paladins, they're vindicators.

  5. #145
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There are no draenei paladins, they're vindicators.
    And Belfadins are Blood Knights and Tauren are Sunwalkers
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  6. #146
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,764
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Regardless of your position on Sylvanas, she certianly sparks more debate than the entirety of the other faction leaders combined.
    The fact that there are so many sides to the debate, each side raising good points, makes her amazing to me. And I have no 'faction loyalty' so to speak either so its not horde bias saying that.
    My point exactly. That's why Blizzard will keep her, otherwise it will be "boring palading of honor vs. boring honorable orc warriors vs. boring arch-evil demons of chaos".

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 07:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There are no draenei paladins, they're vindicators.
    What's the damn difference? They've been wielding the Light, taught directly by Naaru, 10000 years before Turalyon was even born. And, considering their immortality, they're still alive and among us.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-15 at 04:35 AM.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    She HAD a good story. Everything up till cataclysm was very good, the older the better really, as in warcraft 3 and frozen throne. Cataclysm got really silly, cliched and just generally lazy in its writing; MoP utterly and thoroughly raped whatever was left of warcraft lore.
    Do you even play? Cataclysm gave Sylvanas the Silverpine chain (to name one), the best lore she's had since War3. She hasn't even made an appearance in MoP. And the lore and storytelling in MoP is probably the best yet.

    You know what, you just go and seethe in your little puddle of hate and I'll be over here enjoying the game.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Interesting observation:

    How did Sylvanas feel when her nemesis, Arthas, killed and then reanimated her as an undead? She was pretty miserable no?
    So what kind of person does that make her, when she kills and then raises as many humans as she possibly can only in order to swell the ranks of her army?
    An undead person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #148
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Would you guys give it a break? I understand your passion about the character, but you are going all-out on each other to prove your point and are, in turn, ignorant enough to not take the opposing opinion any thoughts. Try to think what purpose this whole thread will serve tomorrow? You are pissing one another off, wasting your time trying to convince each other to change their minds when you know that won't happen. Say what you want about Sylvanas, good or bad, and leave it at that. No need to defend your opinion because it is just that, YOUR opinion. Don't force your opinions on other people.
    That's what happens when two stubborn idiots have differing of opinions.

  9. #149
    Stood in the Fire Schaapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A safe distance from you
    Posts
    395
    I just wish they could give her a unique model. Something to make her look more bad ass!
    Surrounded by idiots

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Would you guys give it a break? I understand your passion about the character, but you are going all-out on each other to prove your point and are, in turn, ignorant enough to not take the opposing opinion any thoughts. Try to think what purpose this whole thread will serve tomorrow? You are pissing one another off, wasting your time trying to convince each other to change their minds when you know that won't happen. Say what you want about Sylvanas, good or bad, and leave it at that. No need to defend your opinion because it is just that, YOUR opinion. Don't force your opinions on other people.
    Personally i don't care if someone likes Sylvanas, anyone can like whatever character they want.

    It only becomes a problem if bring up things,which are are not correct, to justify their liking.

    If people like an asshole, fine, they can play assholes in this game, it's a RPG after all.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  11. #151
    Personally, I really like Sylvanas as a character ever since the Silverpine quests which go a long way to showing that her actions aren't that of a crazy person. She truly believes that the Forsaken have rights over Lordaeron and it pisses her off that the Alliance disagrees and intrudes on the Forsaken's territory. She genuinely seems to care about the Forsaken. Her short story sort of disagrees with this, but then again it isn't the only short story that characterizes a character differently than they are actually portrayed in-game.

    If you think Sylvanas is a one dimensional, crazy villain, then you should go an watch the in game speech she gives about her and Lordaeron's history during the early Silverpine quests. It was definitely the piece of in game lore that made her one of my favorite NPCs around, because it made what many see as purely evil actions (use of the plague and rezzing your enemies) make a reasonable amount of sense when looked at from her perspective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •