Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkenedfist View Post
    Doubt it not during a burning legion invasion, we don't know what circumstances in which the reunion is going to take place. I seriously doubt blizz is going to kill off Sylvanas if they wanted to they could have killed her off in her short story when she jumped off the cliff. The only way I see Sylvanas dieing is if she started attacking the horde like how Garrosh is doing which she is not going to do because she sees the horde as a safety net. Also she doesn't have a suitable replacement if she was going to die don't you think blizzard would be developing a forsaken with leadership attributes. Besides all these points she share a symbiotic relationship with the forsaken if she goes so do the forsaken as shown in her short story. To think Alleria and Vereesa is going to team up and kill Sylvanas sounds like some serious fan wank. We also don't know how the loss of the sunwell has effected Alleria she could come back as a blood elf after all this time fighting demons.
    Alleria's husband Turalyon was a paladin. Pretty sure he could use the light to help her through withdrawal the same way Rhonin helped Vareesa with his talents. Their paladin half elf son Arator didn't seem to have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    When Alleria gets back she's gonna team up with Vereesa and kill Sylvanas.
    Honestly, if they bring Alleria back to turn her into the same sort of worthless brat that the baby in the family is, they'd be doing us all a favor to leave her unaccounted for in the Twisting Nether. I mean, you'd think quite literally tripping the rift for years, probably encountering demons, ethereals, who knows whatever else, would probably have given Alleria enough perspective that she would be a bit more sophisticated.

Would she approve of Sylvanas' actions in all the years that have gone by since the Third War? No. Would she still realize that it is Sylvanas and she deserves a bit more consideration from her sister? I'd like to think so.

EDIT: Pretty implausible that Alleria would have made it for years on end without having ever siphoned any living mana source or even fel energy, even with Turalyon there. Funny thing about people who fight side by side across planes and such, they probably aren't always in the best of situations and she may have needed a "hit" without him up to it, or even to save his ass at some point. And it's also all but certain that (if they are consistent about what they said about the eye color) that she would have green eyes.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2013-01-15 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Alleria's husband Turalyon was a paladin. Pretty sure he could use the light to help her through withdrawal the same way Rhonin helped Vareesa with his talents. Their paladin half elf son Arator didn't seem to have any problems.
    The light is different then arcane, it took silvermoon's smartest and brightest to learn how to siphon the light.

The light is different then arcane, it took silvermoon's smartest and brightest to learn how to siphon the light.
    Yep, and she's no mage. Her gifts are more martial than magical. Would be a pretty big asspull if she is supposed to have cracked the same proverbial code that Kael'thas and his best and brightest did -- and they were drawing it from a Naaru directly, not a third party, before the Sunwell was reignited with/as holy energy.

15+ Year Old Account
    And even then, M'uru had planned to be captured and was, probably at least partially, allowing the Sin'dorei to siphon off of him.

On the topic of Turalyon and Alleria: There is no reason, outside of fan-service for the Alliance players, that they have any right to be alive. They jumped through a random portal that opened onto a random, presumably Legion controlled, world. Two people, on a planet that has no reason to even have food or any other condition required for them to continue living, and they have been stranded there for ~25 years. 25 years, alone, on an alien world with no help or anything. Why the FUCK would they be alive.
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2013-01-15 at 02:09 AM.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Yes, and Turalyon was one of the Alliance's greatest heroes, and one of the first human paladins ever. If a bunch of Silvermoon leeches could figure out how to siphon light energies, I'm pretty sure he could find a way to use it to help his wife's withdrawal.

10+ Year Old Account
    the same way Rhonin helped Vareesa with his talents
    Herds of raptors, rugged good looks, and the Piston of Destruction crossed my mind at once.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 05:04 AM ----------

Yes, and Turalyon was one of the Alliance's greatest heroes, and one of the first human paladins ever. If a bunch of Silvermoon leeches could figure out how to siphon light energies, I'm pretty sure he could find a way to use it to help his wife's withdrawal.
    Translation: knowledge and skill don't matter, because he believes in Light and is so awsum!

You are really underestimating silvermoon's mages, they were descendants of the highborne you know the first mages. It is still a possibility that she would return as a blood elf or a felblood after fighting constant waves of demons after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Herds of raptors, rugged good looks, and the Piston of Destruction crossed my mind at once.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 05:04 AM ----------

Translation: knowledge and skill don't matter, because he believes in Light and is so awsum!
    Goddammit, lol. Had to bring up the raptor army he brought to fight a bunch of dragons.

Knowledge and skill? So a bunch of elves going into withdrawal that had been cut off from the light for years know more about the light and how to use it than one of the most veteran paladins of Azeroth? Elves may have taught the arcane to humans, but the humans taught the elves about the light.

15+ Year Old Account
    Goddammit, lol. Had to bring up the raptor army he brought to fight a bunch of dragons.

Knowledge and skill? So a bunch of elves going into withdrawal that had been cut off from the light for years know more about the light and how to use it than one of the most veteran paladins of Azeroth? Elves may have taught the arcane to humans, but the humans taught the elves about the light.
    And again, M'uru planned on being captured. It is entirely possible that the Sin'dorei only thought they were forcibly taking the Light, when M'uru was infact granting it in order to allow for the creation of the Blood Knights which would eventually bring about the Sin'dorei's redemption

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Deleted
    Regardless of your position on Sylvanas, she certianly sparks more debate than the entirety of the other faction leaders combined.
    The fact that there are so many sides to the debate, each side raising good points, makes her amazing to me. And I have no 'faction loyalty' so to speak either so its not horde bias saying that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allow me to remind you that Silvermoon magisters are the masters of magic. And they proved that with enough skill in magic manipulation, you can make a paladin out of anyone even if he's an utter faithless bastard. The fact that Turalyon is one of the first does not automatically mean that he is the most powerful or competent, otherwise an average draenei paladin would easily outshine Ashbringer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Allow me to remind you that Silvermoon magisters are the masters of magic. And they proved that with enough skill in magic manipulation, you can make a paladin out of anyone even if he's an utter faithless bastard. The fact that Turalyon is one of the first does not automatically mean that he is the most powerful or competent, otherwise an average draenei paladin would easily outshine Ashbringer.
    There are no draenei paladins, they're vindicators.

15+ Year Old Account
    And Belfadins are Blood Knights and Tauren are Sunwalkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scamander View Post
    Regardless of your position on Sylvanas, she certianly sparks more debate than the entirety of the other faction leaders combined.
    The fact that there are so many sides to the debate, each side raising good points, makes her amazing to me. And I have no 'faction loyalty' so to speak either so its not horde bias saying that.
    My point exactly. That's why Blizzard will keep her, otherwise it will be "boring palading of honor vs. boring honorable orc warriors vs. boring arch-evil demons of chaos".

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 07:33 AM ----------

What's the damn difference? They've been wielding the Light, taught directly by Naaru, 10000 years before Turalyon was even born. And, considering their immortality, they're still alive and among us.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-15 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    She HAD a good story. Everything up till cataclysm was very good, the older the better really, as in warcraft 3 and frozen throne. Cataclysm got really silly, cliched and just generally lazy in its writing; MoP utterly and thoroughly raped whatever was left of warcraft lore.
    Do you even play? Cataclysm gave Sylvanas the Silverpine chain (to name one), the best lore she's had since War3. She hasn't even made an appearance in MoP. And the lore and storytelling in MoP is probably the best yet.

You know what, you just go and seethe in your little puddle of hate and I'll be over here enjoying the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Interesting observation:

How did Sylvanas feel when her nemesis, Arthas, killed and then reanimated her as an undead? She was pretty miserable no?
    So what kind of person does that make her, when she kills and then raises as many humans as she possibly can only in order to swell the ranks of her army?
    An undead person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Would you guys give it a break? I understand your passion about the character, but you are going all-out on each other to prove your point and are, in turn, ignorant enough to not take the opposing opinion any thoughts. Try to think what purpose this whole thread will serve tomorrow? You are pissing one another off, wasting your time trying to convince each other to change their minds when you know that won't happen. Say what you want about Sylvanas, good or bad, and leave it at that. No need to defend your opinion because it is just that, YOUR opinion. Don't force your opinions on other people.
    That's what happens when two stubborn idiots have differing of opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they could give her a unique model. Something to make her look more bad ass!
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Would you guys give it a break? I understand your passion about the character, but you are going all-out on each other to prove your point and are, in turn, ignorant enough to not take the opposing opinion any thoughts. Try to think what purpose this whole thread will serve tomorrow? You are pissing one another off, wasting your time trying to convince each other to change their minds when you know that won't happen. Say what you want about Sylvanas, good or bad, and leave it at that. No need to defend your opinion because it is just that, YOUR opinion. Don't force your opinions on other people.
    Personally i don't care if someone likes Sylvanas, anyone can like whatever character they want.

It only becomes a problem if bring up things,which are are not correct, to justify their liking.

If people like an asshole, fine, they can play assholes in this game, it's a RPG after all.

Personally, I really like Sylvanas as a character ever since the Silverpine quests which go a long way to showing that her actions aren't that of a crazy person. She truly believes that the Forsaken have rights over Lordaeron and it pisses her off that the Alliance disagrees and intrudes on the Forsaken's territory. She genuinely seems to care about the Forsaken. Her short story sort of disagrees with this, but then again it isn't the only short story that characterizes a character differently than they are actually portrayed in-game.

If you think Sylvanas is a one dimensional, crazy villain, then you should go an watch the in game speech she gives about her and Lordaeron's history during the early Silverpine quests. It was definitely the piece of in game lore that made her one of my favorite NPCs around, because it made what many see as purely evil actions (use of the plague and rezzing your enemies) make a reasonable amount of sense when looked at from her perspective.