Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    "buttons that you'll hit maybe twice every 10 seconds" pretty much covers the energy pooling, I thought.

"Watching" an envenom buff has nothing to do with rotation. Yeah, you want to maximize specials during the buff, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend Assassination is a difficult thing.

Edit: Before you go off rambling about the intricacies of maximize the envenom buff, I know how it works. I have a feeling "nothing to do with rotation" probably has you seething at the core, but let it go. Just. Let it go.
    Not to mention if he would have simply read a handful of posts after, he would have seen that I clarified for another whiner about the energy pooling and clipping envenoms.

I tend to ignore these kinds of posts (the one you quoted) simply out of my own sanity. You can't even really tell if they're trolling or not. Why would anyone try to over-glorify a rotation? Does it make them feel more accomplished? I have no idea. There's about as much gap between a fantastic rogue and a decent rogue as their is between a good player and a decent player. Someone who doesn't care isn't going to perform well regardless.

Anyway, good points.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    arcane mage in cata (dunno bout mop) frost dk and hunter in cata (we got a ton of buttons to watch now so it isn't as easy anymore)
    Arcane mage in the end of Wrath.
    AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB missle..... AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB...

I was one. You can't deny this lol.

Well with ele shamans there isn't really a rotation, it's more about priorities with certain procs, I haven't played to many other classes so I can't really say that ele is easier or harder than other classes, but I can say that ele seems somewhat unforgiving if you clip a flame shock or miss an earth shock by one global cd. I've found massive dps increases when I hit my priorities near perfect, seems almost like I can go from bottom dps to very top dps just bases on how good my rotation was for an attempt.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Elemental Shaman.

Elemental Mastery > Fire Elemental > Ascendance > Flame Shock > Lava Burst > Lava Burst (till Ascendance runs out) Lightning Bolt and Earth Shock. Easy mode.
    Obviously you don't even play an ele shaman because top ele shaman raiding doesn't even use elemental mastery.....

I'll agree on the outset that Ele's rotation is pretty easy overall, but there are very, very, very few Elemental Shaman who are able to play the class as optimally as it can be played. The same holds true for a lot of classes, but, in my experience, the difference between a mediocre Ele Shaman and one who plays the class to its full potential can be fairly significant.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Wyse
    Arcane mage in the end of Wrath.
    AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB missle..... AB AB AB AB AB AB AB AB...

I was one. You can't deny this lol.
    Reminded me of this:

Last edited by Relapses; 2013-01-15 at 12:16 AM.

Frost DK is like 4 buttons.

Deleted
    Affliction warlock is rather easy, but proc-managing makes it just as demanding as it should be.

Deleted
    Depends on some things.

*easy or hard rotation ?
    *easy to maintain while moving ?
    *easy or hard cooldown management ?
    *alot or few cooldowns ?
    *pet to manage ?
    *resource to manage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Arcane Mage
    People saying that make me groan.

Please stop saying Arcane Mages are easy to play. They're not. They used to be, but they're not, anymore. Mana management became a very cruel mistress to anyone who does not respect the narrow threshold it imposes.

Mage any day, never played an easier class before. If you want a relaxing class with no skill required but still fun to play, roll mage

For me it's Two-handed Frost Death Knight.

Basically, it's 1 Cooldown, 2 Diseases, then it's smash Obliterate till you can't anymore and then smash Frost Strike.

At the moment, according to simcraft the difference between actually watching your procs and just smashing whatever is available is less than 5% difference in DPS, which takes away that part of where the rotation could be deemed hard for the average player (That 5% is gained if you know how to time your procs, that being don't Frost Strike just before a weapon swing.)

So yeah...

1. Path of Frost macro'd with Outbreak and Raise Ghoul
    2. Use Howling Blast Proc.
    3. Spam Oblit
    4. Spam Frost strike
    5. Once ever 30 seconds use Plague strike to keep your Blood plague disease up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Affliction warlock is rather easy, but proc-managing makes it just as demanding as it should be.
    This. Affliction probably comes across as very easy to play for someone who doesn't know how to manage his proccs and soulshards correctly. But those things should make affliction one of the harder speccs to actually master, even if you can get away with playing it horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirg View Post
    Probably the Elemental Shaman.
    Afaik elementals have to keep their eye at LvB at all times to watch out for lava surge procs. At least in cataclys, getting those LvB every single time It was up was really important.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Afaik elementals have to keep their eye at LvB at all times to watch out for lava surge procs. At least in cataclys, getting those LvB every single time It was up was really important.
    Thats like as easy as the game can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    im gonna go with sv hunter. took me around 20 mins to master the rotation since i used to play one back in cata.. the mop rotation doesnt differ much. just a few more buttons to press.
    There are classes with those "a few" buttons to press for their whole rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc Priest.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Warlock........ said no one ever!

Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    Assassination Rogue.
    pretty much... so boring

I'm playing fire mage right now and I find it very easy to keep my rotation going. The only thing you really need to keep an eye on is your invocation buff and make sure you cast combustion at the right time to maximize your dps.

Even know I'm giving my opinion, I still believe that any class is pretty easy if you get used to it. Obviously some rotations are harder to master, but at one point, they will all become easy to accomplish.

I don't play every class to judge but for me Shadow Priest is rather easy and simple.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Let us see..the eaist dps class.. dps