Deleted

PTR 5.2 - Thunder king island

Anyone else think that this island thing is very cool looking, but on the other hand.. should they had made this island already a burning legion content?
    Last edited by mmoce07c9678d5; 2013-01-13 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how those thoughts are related. A Burning Legion themed raid/zone would've looked completely different.

Deleted
    No I think the island itself is kind of swamp and "demonic" looking.

1) Yes it looks cool
    2) No? It looks nothing like a Burning Legion place?
    Why would it look like a Burning Legion place?

The legion don't inhabit swamps, their areas of choice are burning red/green ashlands filled with lava and fire plumes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just look at the major bastions of Burning Legion influence. Hellfire Peninsula? Totally barren wasteland. Shadowmoon Valley? Barren wasteland with lava. And even in the more fertile zones in Outland, the Burning Legion's locations are mostly burnt and blackened with few structures. If the Burning Legion suddenly moved into Thunder Isle, I guarantee that it would look almost completely different very quickly.

Imo they could use a brontosaurus model. And where da raptors at

two words: JURSSIC PARK!
    those pterodactyls DAYUM!! DO WANT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Imo they could use a brontosaurus model.
    Seconded.

I wonder if there are more islands out there like the Isle of Giants, with more dinosaur creatures... too bad Zandalar sank, there was probably all kinds there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yeah, just look at the major bastions of Burning Legion influence. Hellfire Peninsula? Totally barren wasteland. Shadowmoon Valley? Barren wasteland with lava. And even in the more fertile zones in Outland, the Burning Legion's locations are mostly burnt and blackened with few structures. If the Burning Legion suddenly moved into Thunder Isle, I guarantee that it would look almost completely different very quickly.
    Just look at the Caverns of Time, the Dark Portal used to lead to a swamp.
    What remains of the swamp after the Legion moved in and through is a dry red dustbowl :P

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Seconded.

I wonder if there are more islands out there like the Isle of Giants, with more dinosaur creatures... too bad Zandalar sank, there was probably all kinds there.
    Well, looking at Zul's prophecy, we might yet see it in a Naga-centric expansion. Though it may be a little... wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, looking at Zul's prophecy, we might yet see it in a Naga-centric expansion. Though it may be a little... wet.
    Yeah, after I read that I was thinking that Zandalar'd be a prime candidate for stuff Azshara is going to raise from the bottom of the ocean.

I suppose all the dinosaurs would be undead, drowned corpses animated by the anguished spirits of troll magic-users... so yay, I think!

Deleted
    Apparently you can buy a Raptor mount for 9999x dinosaur bones.

Anyone seeing a new Raptor Model inc soon? or do you think they're just gnna use a re-skin on the lvl 40 ones?

Edit: nevermind, http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94290-rei...eward-of-quest

It uses the same model as the old Ivory Raptor that was removed from the game a few months after the launch of Vanilla