Thread: Quilen

Quilen

they kinda look like grumpy cat

Grumpy Cat - Quilen
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    They're the worst and ugliest model added to the game since a long time. I can only laugh at people using one as a mount, it's also the reason why I consider Stone Guard the worst boss in this tier. They're considered dogs btw, not cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They're the worst and ugliest model added to the game since a long time. I can only laugh at people using one as a mount, it's also the reason why I consider Stone Guard the worst boss in this tier. They're considered dogs btw, not cats.
    Someone's being a Negative Nancy c:

they are stone lion dogs made by stone lion people. lions are felines.

anyway, I said the quilen LOOK like grumpy cat, I didn't say they were cats.

Deleted
    Grumpy Catogs?

They are meant to be ugly. Their real-world counterpart are ugly.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    they are stone lion dogs made by stone lion people. lions are felines.

anyway, I said the quilen LOOK like grumpy cat, I didn't say they were cats.
    You got it right. Stone lion dog implies they are amalgams of felines and canines. Based on these bad-ass creatures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_guardian_lions

I think that guy was just trying to ruffle your feathers.

Deleted
    Chinese lion

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    They are meant to be ugly. Their real-world counterpart are ugly.
    expanding on this, from wikipedia:

Chinese guardian lions, known as Shishi (Chinese: 石獅; pinyin: shíshī; literally "stone lion") or Imperial guardian lion, and often called "Foo Dogs" in the West, are a common representation of the lion in pre-modern China.

so there you have it. the originals are lions, but people from the west think they are dogs for some weird reason, so blizz made them "lion dogs". since the mogu are "lion people", they call their lion dogs as just "hounds".

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 05:35 PM ----------

also: Stone lions feature in a well-known Chinese tongue-twister: sì shì sì, shí shì shí, shí sì shì shí sì, sì shí shì sì shí, sì shí sì zhī shí shī zǐ shì sǐ de. (4 is 4, 10 is 10, 14 is 14, 40 is 40, 44 stone lions are dead.)

Grumpy Cat - Quilen
    God I lol'd hard at this. I don't think they look THAT bad but by no means do I like them. The little baby pet is kinda cute tho (not as cute as cinder kitten)

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    God I lol'd hard at this. I don't think they look THAT bad but by no means do I like them. The little baby pet is kinda cute tho (not as cute as cinder kitten)
    grumpy cat is also cute

also: you can compare your quilen pet to the real life chow chow dog breed. they are a chinese breed that kind of looks like a funny lion. in china, they are know as Songshi Quan (Pinyin: sōngshī quǎn 鬆獅犬), which means "puffy-lion dog".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    the quilen were not based on the qilin though (only their name was). the new store mount is the one they based on the qilin lol

Deleted
    Quilen > Cloud serpents everyday of the week. I am using my Quilen mount

the quilen were not based on the qilin though (only their name was). the new store mount is the one they based on the qilin lol
    Derp moment! You're right.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Quilen > Cloud serpents everyday of the week. I am using my Quilen mount
    I would too if it wasn't for that annoying magic-ish sound the wings make.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I would too if it wasn't for that annoying magic-ish sound the wings make.
    my pandaren monk always uses the quilen, I've already gotten used to the sound

10+ Year Old Account

Grumpy Cat - Quilen
    My guildies call them down syndrome dogs. : /