Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
    References to references of fiction about fiction.

2 deep

The Sound of Music | 'Stretch you on like a latex mask, my sigil's your epitaph' | My Magic decks

You know a cola addiction has gone too far when you wonder what would happen if you injected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Looks great. =)

She's the protagonist, correct?

So I take it that's one of the cloud-bands on her leg, noting the inscriptions/runes on it they're likely magical so how does she use them? I mean is it a close-range thingy or can she use them from a long range like magic?

Also the gem on the cloak? Something stealth related?

Oh and is her headband somehow related to the cloud-bands?

So many questions and not sure if I should even ask any of these because spoiling the story. D:
    You can ask all you want, but I won't spoil anything critical. No, she is not the protagonist; that would be Zephyr (due for a redesign). I can't say much about that drawing without spoiling something major, but read on if you're curious to see what I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    Earth pony with magic? Sounds familiar, that said I've read too many fanfics.
    Yes, she is invoking magic, but it's not the same as unicorn magic. To clarify--this is my canon--the harness she's wearing allows her to harness the positive magical energy that all Earth ponies radiate (they have stronger willpower/spirits and generally have a more positive outlook on life--AJ/PP). What she does with said energy is focus it into solid constructs (creation is a very Earth pony thing), such as tools, weapons, and other things. There's three caveats though:

• The constructs rapidly deteriorate when they lose contact with her or the harness.
    • She cannot create solids when she's not in direct contact with the Earth (so no creating wings and flying).
    • While Earth ponies do accumulate this energy over time, using the harness swiftly consumes it; her use of the harness is limited by how much of this energy she has on hand. Overuse can leave her disoriented, drained, fatigued, dispirited, demotivated, or potentially dead.

There's another reason in her backstory that makes her use of this harness by orders of magnitude more potent than if another Earth pony used it; I won't spoil it, but I will say it's much more innate, symbolic, thematic, and meaningful than just me saying "Because I said so."

As a fun fact, her favorite, most powerful, but most costly thing to do with it is construct an energy bow on her back (centered on that gem) and fire arrows, using her tail to draw the bowstring. The projectiles have a low effective range, but if she happens to hit something with one...

You know a cola addiction has gone too far when you wonder what would happen if you injected it.
    Well that escalated quickly :|

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post

That might be really bad, all that junk in your bloodstream instead of being processed by digestion first.

Alcohol, on the other hand, that just goes straight to the blood anyway...

Spitfire's Day Off | Avatar by Thoroar | Find the Music

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    You can ask all you want, but I won't spoil anything critical. No, she is not the protagonist; that would be Zephyr (due for a redesign). I can't say much about that drawing without spoiling something major, but read on if you're curious to see what I can say.
    That's Zephyr?

That's fun. I thought of her way darker, with long hair that she could never get out of her eyes whenever she tried to look serious.

The Sound of Music | 'Stretch you on like a latex mask, my sigil's your epitaph' | My Magic decks

Haiho!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Haiho!
    Hello Joyous

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

Haiho!
    Hai Joybewbs

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    That's Zephyr?

That's fun. I thought of her way darker, with long hair that she could never get out of her eyes whenever she tried to look serious.
    I know it's not set in Equestria I therefore have leave to bend/violate a lot of official canon, but I still stick with fairly desaturated colors for OC coats. The two show ponies that have vivid coats are Big Mac and Luna; they're very, very rare, and they're not even that dark. I only have one, maybe two dark-coated ponies so far (here's one of them). Zephyr's had a pale, icy-blue coat since her initial conception. The color of this guy's(/girl's?) eyes, to be exact.

I won't be making too many in-text references to Zeph's appearance; as I remember I've only said that the front of her mane looks like a V, and that she has a blue coat. Same deal with Whimsy--I think I've only mentioned that her blindfold is orange. Those appearances just won't come up much; Zeph knows what both of them look like and there's little reason for her to even think about it. I'll still be drawing them, but I would like to emphasize that when it comes to written stories, part of the fun is leaving things to the reader's imagination; how I picture Zephyr may be different from the way you or the next guy pictures her, and just ignore the fact that I'm the author (honestly). None of us or wrong or right.

As for why Zeph's mane in front is styled like a V...well, yeah. Rule of symbolism. (Minor spoiler: her primary thematic element is the wind; secondary is both the storm--lightning, specifically--and a bird of prey, hence the 'beak'.)
    Last edited by Bluesparkks; 2013-01-23 at 06:09 PM.

I am here! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Hello Joyous
    Well well well, look who flew in!
    Hai Joybewbs
    Hi Hud.

Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    I am here! \o/
    Hello Squishy

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

I am here! \o/
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ye sure?

I am here! \o/
    Hey purple squishy

snip
    Interesting, I assume this is an "adventure" type fic?

Well that escalated quickly :|
    Yes.

Yes it did.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    That might be really bad, all that junk in your bloodstream instead of being processed by digestion first.

Alcohol, on the other hand, that just goes straight to the blood anyway...
    I suppose so, I'm horrified by needles anyway so I would never do it.

I would bathe in cola though.

I am here! \o/
    Hiya Klockos.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Hello Squishy
    Hey freyski

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ye sure?
    I AM POSITIVE!
    YEAAAAH!

Hey purple squishy
    Hey hudson

Interesting, I assume this is an "adventure" type fic?

Yes.

Yes it did.

I suppose so, I'm horrified by needles anyway so I would never do it.

I would bathe in cola though.

Hiya Klockos.
    Holy shit you changed your shit back . . . why?

I know it's not set in Equestria I therefore have leave to bend/violate a lot of official canon, but I still stick with fairly desaturated colors for OC coats. The two show ponies that have vivid coats are Big Mac and Luna; they're very, very rare, and they're not even that dark. I only have one, maybe two dark-coated ponies so far (here's one of them). Zephyr's had a pale, icy-blue coat since her initial conception. The color of this guy's(/girl's?) eyes, to be exact.

I won't be making too many in-text references to Zeph's appearance; as I remember I've only said that the front of her mane looks like a V, and that she has a blue coat. Same deal with Whimsy--I think I've only mentioned that her blindfold is orange. Those appearances just won't come up much; Zeph knows what both of them look like and there's little reason for her to even think about it. I'll still be drawing them, but I would like to emphasis that when it comes to written stories, part of the fun is leaving things to the reader's imagination; how I picture Zephyr may be different from the way you or the next guy pictures her, and just ignore the fact that I'm the author (honestly). None of us or wrong or right.

As for why Zeph's mane in front is styled like a V...well, yeah. Rule of symbolism. (Minor spoiler: her primary thematic element is the wind; secondary is both the storm--lightning, specifically--and a bird of prey, hence the 'beak'.)
    * Nods

I like that. In Fallout Equestria, you are actually never really told how Littlepip looks - The short-brown-haired, green eyed mare we know was just the general feel of her, and people just went with that.

I like that.