Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Man.

Star Wars is dead
    How so JJ is lauded as one of the best directors in Hollywood, i dont see the problem?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    This might be hilariously true. But I am a Wall Eyed Pony of high standards! So I will do.... something... probably drink some more Rum from a Shot Glass!

* Slightly intoxicated pony rummages through a large box.
    Hehe, Daggi just turned down Aryd.
    That has to be a first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You and me both.
    Well, I'm gonna do something about that.
    Atleast the me part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well, I'm gonna do something about that.
    Atleast the me part of it.
    I will do something about it after I am done raiding tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    How so JJ is lauded as one of the best directors in Hollywood, i dont see the problem?
    JJ is fine, but I fully await his newest camera trick that will blind me half way through the movie.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    They already made an episode 7. This must be episode 7-2, starwars has officially gone final fantasy.

Deleted
    Anywhore, enough non-sleep time! Good night ponehs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Hehe, Daggi just turned down Aryd.
    That has to be a first.
    The Plushie is right! I just so happened to turn down Aryd. Even if it is a fact that the Great and Boring Aryd turned me down first! Take that logic and shove it in a place... like a drainage pipe.

I totally did not drink too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Anywhore, enough non-sleep time! Good night ponehs!
    Have a good night Joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    But your reader will not contemplate on the personality of the pony if you do not feed them information that will make them love her. openly admit, for the first like 20 pages I thought Zephyr was a dude because the way she is written. Only through Whimsy's dialog did I deduce that she was in fact female.

I'm not saying that you should re-write it or anything, not at all - It's probably just me failing at catching what's behind the words. But it's something to think about, and a tip if I could ever give one.
    It's not you failing to catch what's behind the words. Her appearing as a flat, if a little odd, character is 100% intentional. In too many stories, particularly first-person stories, the protagonist strikes me as bland, nebulous, and uninteresting. For a while I'll let you believe the same about Zephyr--that she's just there so I have a story--but then when I finally do pull the cat out of the bag, it comes completely out of left field (I made a sports reference wat) that she isn't just some bland-tasting wish-fulfillment on my part. That she has a fleshed out backstory and reasons for being the way she is, and that there is still closure she has yet to attain.

So in reality it's not so much what's behind the words as it is what straight-up isn't there. First arc is about a romance (not involving her), and the stallion cheating on the mare. Zephyr doesn't react to this at all, not to any part of it. Romance isn't what she's looking for and it isn't something she wants, so she can look at the situation with almost purely objective eyes. She doesn't go "Oh that cheating bastard" or "You're not good enough for him". She just doesn't care on a personal level; problem is it's from her perspective so this is all natural to her, so with very rare exceptions I can't just have her go "Oh and by the way I don't give any fucks about this". I have to imply it through her continued apathy and objectivism, which needless to say, is a little more subtle than "Zero fucks given".

What I'm trying to say is, if you write this to please someone other than yourself, I think you're going to hit way more bumps in the road than you normally would, and I think it will become harder and harder to write (And even harder to finish, if I should draw some personal experience into this).
    If only I could've actually listened to Rarity; "If you try to please everyone you often end up pleasing no one."

Also, nice picture. <3 Reminds me of...well, this, in a way.

Man.

Star Wars is dead
    Buried beneath an avalanche of lens flares, I'm afraid.

Deleted
    Good night Joy Joy,, im going off aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    Good night Joy Joy,, im going off aswell

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img14/7033/shellshockbykarl97885d5.jpg[/IG]
    Have a good night Adonael.

Deleted
    You think?

My personal opinion is that he couldn't make a good movie even if Tarentino and Takashi Miike sat down and held his hand through it all. I mean, Lost? Alias? Star Trek?

But that's just me being subjective I guess.

Deleted
    The Plushie is right! I just so happened to turn down Aryd. Even if it is a fact that the Great and Boring Aryd turned me down first! Take that logic and shove it in a place... like a drainage pipe.

I totally did not drink too much.
    It's not rejecting me if I don't want you.

This might be hilariously true. But I am a Wall Eyed Pony of high standards! So I will do.... something... probably drink some more Rum from a Shot Glass!

* Slightly intoxicated pony rummages through a large box.
    Your standards can't even handle me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    It's not you failing to catch what's behind the words. Her appearing as a flat, if a little odd, character is 100% intentional. In too many stories, particularly first-person stories, the protagonist strikes me as bland, nebulous, and uninteresting. For a while I'll let you believe the same about Zephyr--that she's just there so I have a story--but then when I finally do pull the cat out of the bag, it comes completely out of left field (I made a sports reference wat) that she isn't just some bland-tasting wish-fulfillment on my part. That she has a fleshed out backstory and reasons for being the way she is, and that there is still closure she has yet to attain.

So in reality it's not so much what's behind the words as it is what straight-up isn't there. First arc is about a romance (not involving her), and the stallion cheating on the mare. Zephyr doesn't react to this at all, not to any part of it. Romance isn't what she's looking for and it isn't something she wants, so she can look at the situation with almost purely objective eyes. She doesn't go "Oh that cheating bastard" or "You're not good enough for him". She just doesn't care on a personal level; problem is it's from her perspective so this is all natural to her, so with very rare exceptions I can't just have her go "Oh and by the way I don't give any fucks about this". I have to imply it through her continued apathy and objectivism, which needless to say, is a little more subtle than "Zero fucks given".
    I am too polite to "TL;DR" so I am going to focus my intoxicated brain cells together and read this block of text!

[emote]Drunken stumbly wall eyed pony[emote]

I am too polite to "TL;DR" so I am going to focus my intoxicated brain cells together and read this block of text!

We need a mod to monitor drunk posting. Daginnis eyes are going normal.

You think?

My personal opinion is that he couldn't make a good movie even if Tarentino and Takashi Miike sat down and held his hand through it all. I mean, Lost? Alias? Star Trek?

But that's just me being subjective I guess.
    I think its in good hands, Lucas still gets input but Abrams directs. Love him or hate him he has done quite a few good films.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    There would be many bathroom breaks because it would take like 5 gallons for us to get drunk off of something like that.
    i dont get overly drunk, never have been not even after drinking 30 smirnoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    My drinking experience is a few glasses of rum and coke, 5 cases of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and two bottles of Miller Light.

I am definitely hardcore with my occasional once or twice a year drinking.

Deleted

and now an emote fail, you need to drink moar! \o/

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 12:09 AM ----------

My drinking experience is a few glasses of rum and coke, 5 cases of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and two bottles of Miller Light.

I am definitely hardcore with my occasional once or twice a year drinking.
    few weeks ago was my first time drinking in 3 years \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Whisky, Rum and everything is alright.

few weeks ago was my first time drinking in 3 years \o/
    Occasional drinkers are master race.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Whisky, Rum and everything is alright.
    Miller Light definitely isn't alright. Miller Light with Lime is alright though.