1. #48741
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yozzers Sonic. How are you today?
    Hi Don. I'm fine, though feeling a little guilty for not being here in quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    That face! I remember it!
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

  2. #48742
    this thread is too depressing

  3. #48743
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    Hi Don. I'm fine, though feeling a little guilty for not being here in quite a while.

    Good to hear.

    And again Fennekin is best Gen 6 starter.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    this thread is too depressing
    That's not true at all, there are a few levels of depressing we haven't gone through yet.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  4. #48744
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    Hi Don. I'm fine, though feeling a little guilty for not being here in quite a while.

    [img]http://i.imgur.com/LASYC2c.gif[/imgd]
    I never get tired of watching this

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  5. #48745
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It has sort of been that way over here on my end.
    Where do you live in Ohio again? I mean you don't have to say the exact city but what general area?

    I am on the eastern side right next to the river.

  6. #48746

    what movie is this from
    some rambo parody?

  7. #48747
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/guBeDFm.gif[/IdMG]
    what movie is this from
    some rambo parody?
    Looks like Weird Al Yankovich

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  8. #48748
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    this thread is too depressing
    kittens
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Good to hear.

    And again Fennekin is best Gen 6 starter.
    How are you?

    And it is a veeeeeery close 2nd to Chespin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I never get tired of watching this
    Nope.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

  9. #48749
    Blademaster Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Hey there Frey.

    I think the thing I will miss the most about Fighting is Magic is the stage music.
    But that's not going anywhere...



    ...is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I didn't care that much about the game itself, because I haven't been big on fighting games in a long time. I just worry if the money thing wasn't the issue, and they go after other games. I still want to play Pony Chronicles.
    I'm certain money was the issue. Mane6 were left totally alone by Hasbro as long as they kept to their "no money, not even donations" mantra.

    I can't remember why Equestria Online (I think that's what it was called) got C&D'd though.

  10. #48750
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/guBeDFm.gif
    what movie is this from
    some rambo parody?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Looks like Weird Al Yankovich
    Frey is correct.
    It's Weird Al's UHF. There was only a small segment that was a Rambo parody. There was also Conan the Librarian.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

  11. #48751
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    this thread is too depressing
    I'm sorry for my emotional outbursts.

  12. #48752
    Scarab Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I think the thing I will miss the most about Fighting is Magic is this was the first real pony game that was actually going to get done, rather than all of those other enormous projects people tried to do during season one that fell apart during season 2.
    It could have been fun for sure, but the money getting involved doomed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get that. What did they mean by "hipsters"?


    I didn't care that much about the game itself, because I haven't been big on fighting games in a long time. I just worry if the money thing wasn't the issue, and they go after other games. I still want to play Pony Chronicles.
    I think people who like the show for sake of liking it. It's ironic or something I don't know.

    The only time C&Ds get dropped is when large enough sums of money start either actually exchanging hands or potentially exchanging hands.

    ALL big media companies do this. As I said in another post, think about all the minor exchanges of money that are made for people getting art done of their favorite Marvel, DC, Disney, Blizzard, etc characters? They don't get slapped with C&Ds because it's really just not worth the trouble. Now if someone films a say...Spider-Man short and tries to sell it as their own idea, then the C&D gets dropped because the character is not theirs to sell.

    They can technically go after anyone that makes money off of something they own the rights to. They just normally don't because it's not cost effective.

  13. #48753
    Quote Originally Posted by Solazz View Post
    Where do you live in Ohio again? I mean you don't have to say the exact city but what general area?

    I am on the eastern side right next to the river.
    About 30 miles east of Cleveland in a city called Willowick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    How are you?

    And it is a veeeeeery close 2nd to Chespin.
    Doing alright today. Right now Chespin looks too much like Oshawott, so I am waiting to see it's evolutions.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  14. #48754
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    Frey is correct.
    It's Weird Al's UHF. There was only a small segment that was a Rambo parody. There was also Conan the Librarian.
    Conan the Librarian? I'll have to look that up sometime

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  15. #48755
    Blademaster Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    46
    -sigh- I hope tomorrow's ep is so mindblowingly awesome that I can forget about today.

    This about sums up how I feel right now.



    Also updated the video/song in my sig'.

    Good night.

  16. #48756
    Stood in the Fire Dembai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pony Hell
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    I'm not saying it wasn't insulting in a lot of ways, because it most certainly was. I'm just saying, I don't think it was intended to be insulting.

    I've been wrong before, though.

    Agreed.
    I don't think it was intended to be insulting, but it was as a direct result of outsiders looking in, and having a condescending response to the subject matter. It's one thing to make a documentary about something you're keenly interested and involved in, but it's wholly another to report on something you don't understand with the idea of "educating others" about it.

    It's like if a lived-in-a-bubble-his-whole-life Christian made a video about strippers after interviewing them for a few hours. That's not to say he couldn't, but his lack of familiarity with the topic, and their stance on what a stripper "actually" is will taint the whole process. It's just not going to ever have quality.

    Want to see pony art? CLICK HERE --> My DA!

  17. #48757
    So is the alicorn episode the one in 6 and a half hours?
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

  18. #48758
    Scarab Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    4,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    But that's not going anywhere...

    [video=youtube;DHglQRvbzOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHglQRvbzOc[video]

    ...is it?

    I'm certain money was the issue. Mane6 were left totally alone by Hasbro as long as they kept to their "no money, not even donations" mantra.

    I can't remember why Equestria Online (I think that's what it was called) got C&D'd though.
    I liked Twilight's and Applejack's themes.

    They may have C&D'd Equestria Online because they may be gunning for something like that on their own too. It's not ALWAYS a money reason.

  19. #48759
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    So is the alicorn episode the one in 6 and a half hours?
    I don't believe so.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  20. #48760
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Doing alright today. Right now Chespin looks too much like Oshawott, so I am waiting to see its evolutions.
    Good, good.
    It still looks cute and spunky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Conan the Librarian? I'll have to look that up sometime
    It's quite silly.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •