1. #56641
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    That sucks ... was it a truth concerning emotions or becuase she fucked something up?
    It's...complicated. Basically I said something stupid, we got into a fight. I apologized, since I was in the wrong, and I knew it.

    But the fight dredged up a bunch of repressed shit I'd been feeling for a while, and she wasn't talking to me, so I let it out. I told her the way she treated me felt shitty, and that I expected better from somebody that thought of me as a friend.

    That all started 4 weeks ago. Since then, I've tried to be polite, and mend things. I've asked how she's doing. I've been honest, that the silence hurts, and I'd much rather hear any negative thing she might wish to say.

    Earlier today, I wrote, very honestly, I was at a loss of what to say next. She does this to me, all the time. She shuts down, hides away, and I won't hear shit for months, when suddenly we're peachy again. I made it plain I wasn't having that this time, because it fucking sucks. I worry, I fret, and generally feel like shit.

    All I got back was "I don't want to deal with this right now. I'm not happy with you. We'll talk about it later."

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  2. #56642
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Probably better, then, that you weren't here when I posted--actually never mind. I'll stop there.
    Well, that's no fun. I'm a mental masochist, as I call it, so I had to check. But I didn't find it, so either way.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  3. #56643
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It's...complicated. Basically I said something stupid, we got into a fight. I apologized, since I was in the wrong, and I knew it.

    But the fight dredged up a bunch of repressed shit I'd been feeling for a while, and she wasn't talking to me, so I let it out. I told her the way she treated me felt shitty, and that I expected better from somebody that thought of me as a friend.

    That all started 4 weeks ago. Since then, I've tried to be polite, and mend things. I've asked how she's doing. I've been honest, that the silence hurts, and I'd much rather hear any negative thing she might wish to say.

    Earlier today, I wrote, very honestly, I was at a loss of what to say next. She does this to me, all the time. She shuts down, hides away, and I won't hear shit for months, when suddenly we're peachy again. I made it plain I wasn't having that this time, because it fucking sucks. I worry, I fret, and generally feel like shit.

    All I got back was "I don't want to deal with this right now. I'm not happy with you. We'll talk about it later."
    Sound slike you treated the whole matter in the best way possible, honestly.
    Not much you can do but I wouldn't say you fucked up anything with telling the truth. If anything it saved you from long-term pain.
    This kind of behaviour does suck, I know that but there's not much more (or anything) you can do if she shuts down like this.
    Only thing I can tell you is that things'll get better eventually, sorry. :/

  4. #56644
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Sound slike you treated the whole matter in the best way possible, honestly.
    Not much you can do but I wouldn't say you fucked up anything with telling the truth. If anything it saved you from long-term pain.
    This kind of behaviour does suck, I know that but there's not much more (or anything) you can do if she shuts down like this.
    Only thing I can tell you is that things'll get better eventually, sorry. :/
    Yeah, it still sucks. Thanks Seely.

    I just...don't know. Part of me loves her to pieces, but this always makes me feel like shit.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  5. #56645
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Yeah, it still sucks. Thanks Seely.

    I just...don't know. Part of me loves her to pieces, but this always makes me feel like shit.
    Aye but if it does make you feel like that you'll have to put yourself before her, too.
    That truth needed to be told eventually.

  6. #56646
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Aye but if it does make you feel like that you'll have to put yourself before her, too.
    That truth needed to be told eventually.
    That's the part that's hard for me. I automatically put everyone else first. It's just what I do, but this was ripping me to shreds.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  7. #56647
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    That's the part that's hard for me. I automatically put everyone else first. It's just what I do, but this was ripping me to shreds.
    Know that feel but there's a tiny thing most people like that (including me for a long time) tend to overlook:
    Putting others before you is not only bad because you usually ignore your own wishes but eventually can somehow end up hurting them in some way. Friends often care about you in a similar way, meaning if you always put them first and end up making things worse for you they'll just worry about you which makes them feel bad, too.
    Always make sure to think about yourself enough so that others don't have to, so you can maximize your ... friendship efficiency or something. I don't know, it got away from me.
    Bottom line, very dramaticized is: Don't die for your friends, survive so you can live and laugh with them instead.

  8. #56648
    Herald of the Titans Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fuyuki City
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    That's the part that's hard for me. I automatically put everyone else first. It's just what I do, but this was ripping me to shreds.
    Better now and get it off your chest Chrysia, then wait for it later.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  9. #56649
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Know that feel but there's a tiny thing most people like that (including me for a long time) tend to overlook:
    Putting others before you is not only bad because you usually ignore your own wishes but eventually can somehow end up hurting them in some way. Friends often care about you in a similar way, meaning if you always put them first and end up making things worse for you they'll just worry about you which makes them feel bad, too.
    Always make sure to think about yourself enough so that others don't have to, so you can maximize your ... friendship efficiency or something. I don't know, it got away from me.
    Bottom line, very dramaticized is: Don't die for your friends, survive so you can live and laugh with them instead.
    I'll try to keep that in mind.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Better now and get it off your chest Chrysia, then wait for it later.
    Thanks Nikki.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  10. #56650
    Herald of the Titans Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fuyuki City
    Posts
    2,629

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  11. #56651

  12. #56652
    I'm going to try and get some rest. Hope everyone has a much better V-day than I'm shaping up to have.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  13. #56653
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    You should definitely finish the first season, that's the only thing I'm forcing you now.
    Oh and steins;gate, but that can wait.
    Implying it's forced.

    I just
    forgot since I was playing video games.

  14. #56654
    Scarab Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    4,666
    So finished part 1 of Inuyasha Final Act. 13 more episodes!

  15. #56655
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'm going to try and get some rest. Hope everyone has a much better V-day than I'm shaping up to have.
    Eh, it's just a Thursday.
    Sleep well, Chrysia if you want to talk or something I'm always up for it.

  16. #56656
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Eh, it's just a Thursday.
    Sleep well, Chrysia if you want to talk or something I'm always up for it.
    Not much more to say, really, unless you want the Extra Special Deluxe Director's Cut Super Edition Blu-Ray version of the story. Thank you very much for the offer, though.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  17. #56657
    Herald of the Titans Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fuyuki City
    Posts
    2,629

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  18. #56658
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Not much more to say, really, unless you want the Extra Special Deluxe Director's Cut Super Edition Blu-Ray version of the story. Thank you very much for the offer, though.
    Like I said, if you feel like talking about it I'm up for that as well.
    Concerns pretty much any topic though. Always have an open ear or two.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7060728576/h4D0D6B09/[IMG]
    Just like MLP spoilers I'd ask you to spoiler tag or link stuff like that.
    There's people who want to get to Gen VI completely spoiler free.

  19. #56659
    Scarab Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    4,666
    Well, I should get sleep. X.x

  20. #56660
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Eh, it's just a Thursday.
    Sleep well, Chrysia if you want to talk or something I'm always up for it.
    I use it as an excuse to send stupid lovable cards to someone I like. Other days it would just look silly, but this day provides a good excuse. Just like how Christmas is my excuse to send gifts to people, because usually people will forbid me from getting them stuff. It means that I can do things I would definitely do otherwise, but I don't get told off for it.
    1950 - 7820 - 1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •