Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, one thing we can gather is Rainbow Dash's cutie mark seems more related to her ability to control the weather as opposed to flying fast.
    Nah. You're looking at it backwards.

Rainbow Dash's job handling the weather is directly tied in with her speed. Aside from joining the Wonderbolts, weather control is the ONLY job where she would be free to fly around at top speeds.

Her cutiemark is still about her love to go fast. The weather job is just the only job available that allows her to DO that. To go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Still seems weird that he comes up with a whole wing of a library of spells, including the ability to time travel, and whatever else, changed the history of magic for unicorns, and is one hell of a historic figure, but those few words stopped him.

I guess it is me assuming that he had some sort of friends. Twilight probably knows just as much as he did and had time for friends, so maybe he did as well.

Is it possible that he was Celestia's apprentice as well and the fact that Twilight ascended, but he did not was Celestia knowing the process this time around?
    I dunno. The fact that he INVENTED a whole library's worth of magic kind of leads me to believe he didn't socialize very much.

And if the key to that spell was friendship, then there's no way he'd have been able to complete it; being the probable secluded loner that he probably was.

Probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Princess Celestia made Twilight an alicorn.

Take that Luna!

Deleted
    hey guys im wondering something, i want a bag really badly but i need an american adress, if i cant find anything simular at a faire im going to would anyone be so nice as to let me ship it to them and tehn ship it to me? (i will pay for shipment ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I was busy finding that tweet of Megan.
    What is your fanon?
    This was why I was asking a while back for alternative titles for Tia. I had a couple for Luna; Dreamwalker/Dreamstrider, and one other one. The latter was the important one, but unfortunately no one had a good idea for an equivalent and appropriately non-poetic title for Tia. I came upon one later on.

In my head, each pony has a corresponding star (or in Luna's case, celestial body) to represent their 'soul', so to speak. It wasn't always this way, and once upon on a time there were no stars. (I was also, predictably, overjoyed to learn that the twin stars from AJ's ep were her parents. Canon meets fanon!)

Celestia was the first to create a star; the Sun. In doing so, she earned her cutie mark, her alicorn status, her immortality, and ultimately she indirectly started the trend of creating a star for each pony, a star that serves as a vessel for that pony's soul when they pass on. But because of her meticulous nature, she chose to pour her efforts into perfecting her star instead of creating more for other ponies.

That task fell to Luna. Tia coached her younger sister through how to craft stars, and Luna soon found that she was adept at creating lots of imperfect stars, rather than honing a single star to perfection. She, likewise, gained alicorn status, immortality, and also made it her duty to create a star for every pony that was ever born from then on. Eventually she started tying the 'health' of the star, so to speak, with the soul of the pony it was attached to. A pony who is in tune with his or her soul will have a brighter star than one who is not.

(Celestia has been repressing her soul for millenia because, as ruler of Equestria, she has to set herself aside and do what's best for the country, not for herself. The Sun is, as a result, relatively dim compared to most stars, but she has crafted several mechanisms that will allow it the Sun to persist should she ever fall ill or suffer a fatal injury.)

Hence, Starweaver Luna, and Progenitor Celestia.

(Tia's title is pointedly straightforward and nonpoetic in order to contrast with her sister's more poetic, more romantic titles [i.e. Dreamwalker].)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And that is the first spell AliTwi learns.
    i hope , she wont or else Celestia is fuzzed

Deleted
    Ha looks like i was right about derpy actuly being in the episode yay!
    http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/863/xhqfp.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Princess Celestia made Twilight an alicorn.

Take that Luna!
    I don't understand why they did this

It just makes no damn sense.

Deleted
    Good day pony-threadlings. Hope the new episode suited your tastes. ;P I've not seen it though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    snip
    Sounds pretty shiny.
    I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    hey guys im wondering something, i want a bag really badly but i need an american adress, if i cant find anything simular at a faire im going to would anyone be so nice as to let me ship it to them and tehn ship it to me? (i will pay for shipment ofc)
    I don't mind if you use mine, my cousin has his stuff shipped to me since his address doesn't show up for some things.
    Just send me a PM if you want to use it.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Ha looks like i was right about derpy actuly being in the episode yay!
    http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/863/xhqfp.jpg
    Yay Derpy!!! Finally!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Pony View Post
    Good day pony-threadlings. Hope the new episode suited your tastes. ;P I've not seen it though
    It left the same taste as burned toast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty shiny.
    I like it.
    My crown is bigger than yours, Seely. How about that, huh? huh? Bigger crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    This just makes me want some god damn prequel episodes even more!

We need Luna turning into Nightmare Moon, Luna and Celestia becoming princesses, Sombra getting his ass kicked by whoever those two princesses were (it's implied that they weren't Luna and Celestia but Iono), Discord's defeat, and a LOT of Starswirl stuff.

Come on Hasbro, you can turn the entierty of the mane six into stallions for all I care if we can get these!
    We have definitely needed that for some time, especially Luna and Celestia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I dunno. The fact that he INVENTED a whole library's worth of magic kind of leads me to believe he didn't socialize very much.

And if the key to that spell was friendship, then there's no way he'd have been able to complete it; being the probable secluded loner that he probably was.

Probably.
    We are both assuming either way, so either one of us could be right, or even wrong. It could be as easy as them not wanting any male character that is good and says more than 10 different words.

I do think though that Starswirl being so close to it, means his ability for magic almost rivals the elements. He could even have been Celestia's apprentice at some point, but went into his studies too much, possibly Celestia not wanting him to move on or him not wanting to do the friend thing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria View Post
    I don't mind if you use mine, my cousin has his stuff shipped to me since his address doesn't show up for some things.
    they ship to places like equador and chile, but not to europe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post

Probably.
    There's magic in those words. You can't just say a bunch of words and invent a spell. Starswirl couldn't finish the spell, or create the counter to it I guess, because he didn't have the necessary knowledge or magic to do so. This implies something possibly even worse, that Twilight is more powerful, or more knowledgeable, than Starswirl.

Yes, we need some history lessons. Luna and Celestia's past, and some Starswirl info. Add that to my list of things we need to see in season 4.

Helps to fit Celestia's big ego...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    It's not about the size, it's about how you wear it.

Deleted

Needs to edit the name

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty shiny.
    I like it.
    ONLY SEELY LIKES MY FANON OKAY FINE I SEE HOW IT IS.

-grump-