1. #60601
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    It was terribly rushed and not at all up to par with the rest of the series. I daresay it was even worse than that Owl episode. And that's not even counting the discrediting of alicorns in general.
    That's pretty serious, if it was worse than the Owl episode

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  2. #60602
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    It was terribly rushed and not at all up to par with the rest of the series. I daresay it was even worse than that Owl episode. And that's not even counting the discrediting of alicorns in general.


    Thoughts on this?

  3. #60603
    Dreadlord De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buildin' a sentry!
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I disagree. This episode was fantastic and the results have a lot of potential.


    There's an equally amount of bad that can come of this, but we don't know if it will yet.

    So, just calm your tits and wait like the rest of us, mister doomsayer.
    Trust in the writers to do what they can with the limitations they are being forced to undergo by the Habsro money machine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post


    Thoughts on this?
    I agree with the statement.

    The writers are being forced into doing things with the story they don't want to do with the story.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-02-16 at 07:07 PM.

  4. #60604
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My own personal Purgatory
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    It was terribly rushed and not at all up to par with the rest of the series. I daresay it was even worse than that Owl episode. And that's not even counting the discrediting of alicorns in general.
    It was rushed, yes. But for a rushed episode, it was glorious.

    It definitely should have been a 2-parter, though.



    As for discrediting the alicorns, I don't think so. All we know is that Twilight has wings. She still probably isn't anywhere near Celestia and Luna in terms of magical ability. And she most certainly (probably) doesn't have the lifespan of the Sisters.

    She can just fly now. She can fly, and she's a princess.

    But really, she's already saved the world like... three times? If she was GOING to be treated like royalty, she would have already been. Nothing's really changed.


    We just might get more episodes in Cloudsdale now~



    Edit:
    In fact, I daresay that this has actually increased the value of what Celestia and Luna can do. Afterall, Celestia completely changed Twi's DNA. Permanently altered her form and body.

  5. #60605
    Bloodsail Admiral kortin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/t7P0Jm1.png[img]

    Thoughts on this?
    I wouldn't at all be surprised if that's how it went down. If anything, the whole alicorn thing seems like a start of a season, not the end.
    "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes."

    Avatar Picture | "The cold never bothered me anyway." | Kortin's Music List!

  6. #60606
    Y'all enjoy your debate. See y'all from work <3

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  7. #60607
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My own personal Purgatory
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/t7P0Jm1.png[img]

    Thoughts on this?
    I don't buy it.

    Honestly, the Equestria Games "buildup" was, what... one episode briefly mentioning it. And then another episode actually based on it. Both happening at the same time?

    Also... when locations are picked for giant sporting events like that, it's YEARS in advance. Not weeks.

    The Crystal Empire was only just chosen. There's still a long time until the Equestria Games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Trust in the writers to do what they can with the limitations they are being forced to undergo by the Habsro money machine.
    I do trust in them.

  8. #60608
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    940
    Doesn't seem like a lot of people are displeased with the episode

  9. #60609
    The Patient Shaedris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoofington
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Doesn't seem like a lot of people are displeased with the episode
    Most of us aren't. It was a good episode.
    Friend Code: 2938-7155-7132

  10. #60610
    The Patient Trydene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Silvermooon
    Posts
    265
    I have been getting really lucky in ARAMs today

  11. #60611
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My own personal Purgatory
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Doesn't seem like a lot of people are displeased with the episode
    I really liked it. Loved it, even.

    Yes, it was rushed. Yes, it should have been a two-parter. Yes, it seemed like a lot was cut out.

    But what wasn't cut out was phenomenal. And the songs... THE SONGS!

    CELESTIA'S SINGING VOICE!




    Anyway... yes, like most, I am concerned that the change to Twilight might change the entire show for the worse. But I have faith in the writers. They've done a fantastic job so far, and I believe they will continue to do so.

  12. #60612
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/t7P0Jm1.png[img]

    Thoughts on this?
    i do agree with teh person there, that this episode should have been a 2 parter cuss eventhough it was really good it seemed a bit rushed

  13. #60613
    *returns from seeing new Die Hard*
    twas good times

  14. #60614
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My own personal Purgatory
    Posts
    1,023
    Anyhooooo...

    I'll just be going off to bed now.

    G'night pones!

  15. #60615
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Doesn't seem like a lot of people are displeased with the episode
    I just don't like how they leave the cliffhanger of what are they supposed to do with Twilight as a character now? By the sound of it that'll be the next season's 2 parter, but leaving a cliffhanger at the end of the season...

    Well I guess it'll make good fanfiction in the meantime.

  16. #60616
    The Patient Shaedris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoofington
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I really liked it. Loved it, even.

    Yes, it was rushed. Yes, it should have been a two-parter. Yes, it seemed like a lot was cut out.

    But what wasn't cut out was phenomenal. And the songs... THE SONGS!

    CELESTIA'S SINGING VOICE!




    Anyway... yes, like most, I am concerned that the change to Twilight might change the entire show for the worse. But I have faith in the writers. They've done a fantastic job so far, and I believe they will continue to do so.

    This?
    Friend Code: 2938-7155-7132

  17. #60617
    Mechagnome Zenora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a van near you!
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Anyhooooo...

    I'll just be going off to bed now.

    G'night pones!
    nighty night mixxy! \o/

    *cuddles*

  18. #60618
    Dreadlord De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Buildin' a sentry!
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    I do trust in them.
    If it was my story they were forcing their way into for the sake of free advertising, I'd either:

    1) Run the story into the ground so no one would WANT to watch it.
    2) Abruptly cut all ties and let them dig their own grave for it.

    The risk of a lawsuit would be worth it for me, personally. You don't screw around with other people stories because "lol we can sell more shit."

  19. #60619
    Bloodsail Admiral Mixxy Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    My own personal Purgatory
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Honestly, the Equestria Games "buildup" was, what... one episode briefly mentioning it. And then another episode actually based on it. Both happening at the same time?

    Also... when locations are picked for giant sporting events like that, it's YEARS in advance. Not weeks.

    The Crystal Empire was only just chosen. There's still a long time until the Equestria Games.
    Side note...

    Why do people keep assuming that just because the Equestria Games didn't happen in Season 3, they won't happen at all?

    Think on that.





    And now... BED!

  20. #60620
    The Patient Shaedris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoofington
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Anyhooooo...

    I'll just be going off to bed now.

    G'night pones!
    G'night Mixxy. \o
    Friend Code: 2938-7155-7132

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •