1. #77881
    Pit Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    I could listen to John De Lancie answering questions the whole day. His voice is amazing
    Wingboner Drafo?

  2. #77882
    Blademaster Drafo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germaneigh
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I would love to know how this guy does this shit in a matter of a few hours http://my.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Mirror-Pond-356978109



    Yeah, I watched seven minutes and turned it off. The questions just got dumber and dumber, it was embarrassing for humanity.
    you should watch it all. the questions getting better
    Anakondas Minecraft Server uk31.fragnet.net:26565

  3. #77883
    Blademaster Zirusitavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tenpony Tower
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    you do realize that reading fanfiction involves a large amount of time, unlike looking at fan art, which you can look at 5 seconds and decide whether you like it or not. That makes most people refuse to read it unless they heard from other people it's actually really beyond good. Not everyone has infinite free time and they will rather spend it on something they're more sure is worth it. Generalisations exist for a reason, not all fanfiction is garbage, just that it's not really good and even the best ones out there cannot compare to a real book, this makes even less people wanting to invest their time into reading it.
    I think what Blues's talking about is refusing to read a recommendation because "It's a fanfic".

    Like if I said "Dude, Circle of Friends might only be 5 pages long, but it's insanely good. I urge you to read it" and I get the response "No, it's fanfic, so it must be shit" then I would get kinda pissed myself. Luckily I've never encountered this.
    "To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often."

  4. #77884
    Blademaster Drafo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germaneigh
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wingboner Drafo?
    i got no wings "if you know what i mean"
    Anakondas Minecraft Server uk31.fragnet.net:26565

  5. #77885
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,053
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0e414b09.png
    gonna link this one more time asking if everything looks crisp clean fits you know........again its not finished and i doubt it will be finished until some time in the next two weeks.
    eventually ill do some bravest warrior art .
    then go back to a bit of ponies.

    yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

  6. #77886
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    naro, you need to stop drinknig coffee.
    I WILL nevr stop DRINKING coffee

    ...because I never started!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Calm down Naro! You're gonna have an aneurysm!
    I don't KNOW what that is

  7. #77887
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro McBigdaddy View Post
    I WILL nevr stop DRINKING coffee

    ...because I never started!

    I don't KNOW what that is
    Good. Caffeine is bad for you

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  8. #77888
    Blademaster Bluesparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I cannot share the reason, as said before. Just know it has nothing to do with you
    Well, thanks for that, then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    (Also, Ziru--Just looked up Munin, sorry for the little crusade I went on. It's...fitting somewhat, I'll grant you that, but I'm also averse to using mythology that only a few people will know about.)
    Quoting myself so Ziru sees it, and so I can add something.

    I only recently brought in any external mythology outside of pretty well-established show mythology (that being Luna's a Dreamwalker, and there's Dreamscape and Tartarus as a sort of pony-equivalent for Heaven and Hell [although my interpretation of those are a little different and adapted to the meta]). The only thing I brought in was a reference to some Greek mythology--Artemis, Apollo, and Gaia--and I don't think mixing mythologies would work out so well. I could be wrong though, we'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    you do realize that reading fanfiction involves a large amount of time, unlike looking at fan art, which you can look at 5 seconds and decide whether you like it or not. That makes most people refuse to read it unless they heard from other people it's actually really beyond good. Not everyone has infinite free time and they will rather spend it on something they're more sure is worth it. Generalisations exist for a reason, not all fanfiction is garbage, just that it's not really good and even the best ones out there cannot compare to a real book, this makes even less people wanting to invest their time into reading it.
    Oh, I know. (I disagree with the bolded part, but I'll leave that alone). But if there's anything that I've learned over the past year, is that when it comes to written literature, you have to give it something to get something out of it, and that is giving it your time and mental energy. Like you said, you can't just pop a tab open and read it all in 5 seconds.

    My issue isn't with that, I get that, and that's something I've become acutely aware of recently. I just get really irritated when people dismiss fanfiction just because of that exact label and assume it's all fanwank. It's like people dismissing FiM because it's got "My Little Pony" in the title. Yeah, okay, it's based on a generalization and it's an assumption meant to save people's time for something actually worth investing in. Doesn't change the fact that occasionally that assumption will make you miss out on something you might have really enjoyed.

  9. #77889
    Pit Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro McBigdaddy View Post
    I WILL nevr stop DRINKING coffee

    ...because I never started!

    I don't KNOW what that is
    It's when a blood vessel in your brain explodes.

  10. #77890
    Good morning all

    Hai Ziru

  11. #77891
    Blademaster Bluesparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    46
    Also doesn't help that I'm a pretty fast reader and I don't quite understand what it's like being a slow one.

    Anyways I need sleep so I can get my allergy shot on-time tomorrow and spam Quinn and Valor games.

    If you were going to reply to me, just do it, I'll find your reply when I wake up.

    G'night all.

  12. #77892
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Also doesn't help that I'm a pretty fast reader and I don't quite understand what it's like being a slow one.

    Anyways I need sleep so I can get my allergy shot on-time tomorrow and spam Quinn and Valor games.

    If you were going to reply to me, just do it, I'll find your reply when I wake up.

    G'night all.
    If you need someone to queue with, drop me a pm

    Good night Sparks

  13. #77893
    Blademaster Zirusitavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tenpony Tower
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Also doesn't help that I'm a pretty fast reader and I don't quite understand what it's like being a slow one.

    Anyways I need sleep so I can get my allergy shot on-time tomorrow and spam Quinn and Valor games.

    If you were going to reply to me, just do it, I'll find your reply when I wake up.

    G'night all.
    Being a slow reader sucks Try reading while listening to very loud Deadmau5, that's kinda how it is for me to read anything. My own thoughts distract me.

    Also G'night ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Good morning all

    Hai Ziru
    G'morning Hudson
    "To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often."

  14. #77894
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It's when a blood vessel in your brain explodes.
    That sounds painful
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Also doesn't help that I'm a pretty fast reader and I don't quite understand what it's like being a slow one.

    Anyways I need sleep so I can get my allergy shot on-time tomorrow and spam Quinn and Valor games.

    If you were going to reply to me, just do it, I'll find your reply when I wake up.

    G'night all.
    G'night Melange

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  15. #77895
    Pit Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    That sounds painful

    G'night Melange
    Your brain has no pain nerves, so it actually isn't, but it can be fatal.

  16. #77896
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro McBigdaddy View Post
    I WILL nevr stop DRINKING coffee

    ...because I never started!
    Stop being so hyper then. I think we need to put you on depressants.
    1950 - 7820 - 1130
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

  17. #77897
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,053
    honestly I don't feel like sleeping...and i'm caught up on everything but Gravity Falls......Might watch Motor City

    yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

  18. #77898
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Your brain has no pain nerves, so it actually isn't, but it can be fatal.
    If my brain has no pain nerves, where do headaches come from?

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  19. #77899
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0e414b09.png
    gonna link this one more time asking if everything looks crisp clean fits you know........again its not finished and i doubt it will be finished until some time in the next two weeks.
    eventually ill do some bravest warrior art .
    then go back to a bit of ponies.
    Looks pretty good, man.

  20. #77900
    Pit Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    If my brain has no pain nerves, where do headaches come from?
    That fleshy hard part that your brain is surrounded with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •