1. #78841
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    lol, I don't think my grandparents would appreciate a random call from some stranger. I don't have a cell phone anymore, in case you were wondering. Not much point in keeping it since I barely used it, plus I would have had to get a new phone anyway since my old one didn't work anymore.

    I'll set my alarm and go to bed at a decent time tonight to make sure I'm up and ready for the game. If anyone is curious, it's a game where we as players aren't allowed to use our direct offensive abilities. Instead we focus on buffing our hirelings (or as we call them, henchidiots), and debuff out enemies so our henchidiots can kill them. The main group recently killed Nightmare Baal with Rogue hirelings, but I'm back in the beginning of Act 2 because I've missed so much due to stuff happening Saturday mornings.
    Ahh. Well good luck then. Sounds rather difficult.

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  2. #78842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Horrible. Wondering now if my issue could be solvable if I had money for a doctor. Wishing my Diablo 2 characters weren't deleted by Blizzard because why not, even though the characters still show up in my character list, so they're obviously still there, but Blizzard still thinks deleting them was a good idea.
    They were probably trying to "improve" their servers or something. Boy do I wish they'd release a new patch that cleans up online play, but of course that won't happen because D3 is their focus now. I don't think I'll ever play D3 (or if I do, I'm getting it for less than $20 ) because of all the crap I've seen about it. Or if a goth-inspired mods for Torchlight 2 came out, I'd grab that in a heartbeat.

    Sucks that your characters got deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  3. #78843


    Well this could take awhile. Guess I'll go to sleep bye.

  4. #78844
    Scarab Lord Admiral Galil ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Metrallo, Colombia
    Posts
    4,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    It is never too early for fox ears
    <3
    Don't worry, I'm pulling my strings, I'll manage somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solazz View Post
    I was more curious about it for me but
    Oh, you get founders if you buy a physical copy, and then there is "Elite" which is like paying for additional benefits.
    You don't really need it to play though.

    And yeah, I become 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Hey everypony. Popping in to let you know that the doctor appointment cured my intestinal problems right up and I'm doing quite well now. My biggest worries at the moment are how I'll do on an online course I signed up for at www.coursera.org and whether I'll wake up in time for a Diablo 2 group game tomorrow. lol

    How are all you doing?
    Hey.

    Those are great news, intestines are vital to living and all...
    KONGOU DESS

  5. #78845
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Ahh. Well good luck then. Sounds rather difficult.
    I wasn't around for the first run, but that group went through the game and killed Hell Baal with Iron Wolf mercs, which are probably the worst of all the henchidiots to work with on bosses since they don't have crushing blow. Then they did barbarian mercs who filleted their enemies with ruthless efficiency (odd that the barbarian mercs are the most intelligent), and now we're on the archer/rogue mercs. Once we're done with them we'll move on to the polearm mercs and hopefully progress much faster since those guys have great weapon support for killing things.

    Oh, this is on Hardcore too. We've had a few deaths here and there, but usually we're quite safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  6. #78846
    Scarab Lord Admiral Galil ACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Metrallo, Colombia
    Posts
    4,708
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCrownedClown View Post
    Made a character on Celestial hills, Snow.Chaosbane. Probably gonna go to bed soon though.
    Sended the invite.
    KONGOU DESS

  7. #78847
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    <3
    Don't worry, I'm pulling my strings, I'll manage somehow.

    Oh, you get founders if you buy a physical copy, and then there is "Elite" which is like paying for additional benefits.
    You don't really need it to play though.

    And yeah, I become 21.

    Hey.

    Those are great news, intestines are vital to living and all...
    Hope so. And Happy early Birthday, as I'm sure I'll forget in 30 days on accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    I wasn't around for the first run, but that group went through the game and killed Hell Baal with Iron Wolf mercs, which are probably the worst of all the henchidiots to work with on bosses since they don't have crushing blow. Then they did barbarian mercs who filleted their enemies with ruthless efficiency (odd that the barbarian mercs are the most intelligent), and now we're on the archer/rogue mercs. Once we're done with them we'll move on to the polearm mercs and hopefully progress much faster since those guys have great weapon support for killing things.

    Oh, this is on Hardcore too. We've had a few deaths here and there, but usually we're quite safe.
    As long as you're having fun

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  8. #78848
    Fairy Tail openings are always catchy.


    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  9. #78849
    Blademaster W1shm4ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Feel with me
    Posts
    49
    Our new coffee machine is awesome, that tastes soo good.
    Ranked games in LoL still disabled and i don't want to play Tera, since Rune is only level 22 and i want him to catch up, thats a bit derp of a situation.

  10. #78850
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    As long as you're having fun
    I mostly am. I'm playing an assassin so I do get to use Cloak of Shadows and Fade, but I can also use Psychic Hammer because it does so little damage that it's allowed. Smashing things away with a psychic hammer is rather fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  11. #78851
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    They were probably trying to "improve" their servers or something.
    Well, it's a feature that has been around since launch, and is completely unnecessary. I'm not starting over again, especially without enough people playing to do the things you need to do to level up in that game, and get gear.

    They released a new patch around every couple years when it was still big, don't expect another one again, ever.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  12. #78852
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Our new coffee machine is awesome, that tastes soo good.
    Ranked games in LoL still disabled and i don't want to play Tera, since Rune is only level 22 and i want him to catch up, thats a bit derp of a situation.
    Speaking of derp, happy Derpy day everypony! For the next two hours for me at least... It's already passed for most people, but I'm celebrating anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  13. #78853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    I mostly am. I'm playing an assassin so I do get to use Cloak of Shadows and Fade, but I can also use Psychic Hammer because it does so little damage that it's allowed. Smashing things away with a psychic hammer is rather fun.
    Ah. I didn't play enough D2 to know what you're talking about

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  14. #78854
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Speaking of derp, happy Derpy day everypony! For the next two hours for me at least... It's already passed for most people, but I'm celebrating anyway.
    Fellow poster on GitP started it, Thanqol. Said he lost his partner because he had to work or something, plus it rained, so it was prime conditions. Speaking of, next year, if they're nearby, one of the Australians here should go with him. he does it the day before so he can write about it on the day.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  15. #78855
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, it's a feature that has been around since launch, and is completely unnecessary. I'm not starting over again, especially without enough people playing to do the things you need to do to level up in that game, and get gear.

    They released a new patch around every couple years when it was still big, don't expect another one again, ever.
    Oh yeah, even if I was on drugs I'd know they won't be releasing a patch. Any mention of D2 again and they might get people playing D2 instead of D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  16. #78856
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Oh yeah, even if I was on drugs I'd know they won't be releasing a patch. Any mention of D2 again and they might get people playing D2 instead of D3.
    D2 has the issue of being terribly unbalanced in Hell. I don't know if I could go back to having to play a hammer pally over anything else. At least in Diablo 3 I have.....one option. Never mind. But at least I know half my abilities won't be useless against most mobs (really, great way to kill fire sorceresses in Hell).

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  17. #78857
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Ah. I didn't play enough D2 to know what you're talking about
    Cloak of Shadows basically makes all the enemies on the screen blind except champions and uniques and crap. It also lowers their defense and raises the party's. The only thing wrong with it? As you invest more skill points into it, its cooldown increases. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?

    Fade turns the assassin translucent and grants improved elemental resistances, lowered curse duration, and it has a hidden physical damage reduction part too. Main problem with that is that beneficial shrines buffs also get their durations lowered, but thankfully Fade can be lowered to get a shrine, and then cast again and it won't lower the buff duration that way.

    Psychic Hammer is a ranged hammer spell that knocks back most enemies and does a bit of magical and physical damage. It also resets the monster's AI if it gets knocked back, a feature I'd used extensively while they're blinded by Cloak of Shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  18. #78858
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Cloak of Shadows basically makes all the enemies on the screen blind except champions and uniques and crap. It also lowers their defense and raises the party's. The only thing wrong with it? As you invest more skill points into it, its cooldown increases. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?

    Fade turns the assassin translucent and grants improved elemental resistances, lowered curse duration, and it has a hidden physical damage reduction part too. Main problem with that is that beneficial shrines buffs also get their durations lowered, but thankfully Fade can be lowered to get a shrine, and then cast again and it won't lower the buff duration that way.

    Psychic Hammer is a ranged hammer spell that knocks back most enemies and does a bit of magical and physical damage. It also resets the monster's AI if it gets knocked back, a feature I'd used extensively while they're blinded by Cloak of Shadows.
    Ah. Sounds thrilling

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

  19. #78859
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    Cloak of Shadows basically makes all the enemies on the screen blind except champions and uniques and crap. It also lowers their defense and raises the party's. The only thing wrong with it? As you invest more skill points into it, its cooldown increases. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?
    Remember teleport? Yeah, everybody does. Remember how sorceresses had to only put one point into it? Yeah, everybody does.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Show em how to live

  20. #78860
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    D2 has the issue of being terribly unbalanced in Hell. I don't know if I could go back to having to play a hammer pally over anything else. At least in Diablo 3 I have.....one option. Never mind. But at least I know half my abilities won't be useless against most mobs (really, great way to kill fire sorceresses in Hell).
    And even Hammerdins got nerfed. I think it was 1.13 that they changed it so it doesn't ignore demon and undead immunities.

    But plenty more builds than a hammerdin are viable. As I mentioned above, the group I play with only uses our mercs for offense, and they've killed Hell Baal both with Iron Wolf mercs and barb mercs. Now we're working on rogues, and after that will be the town guard guys from A2. I wish our enchantress was around to help out, but the player has had other things going on last I remember.

    The only character I've beaten Hell on myself was a sorceress actually. I think I went lightning/cold, plus a bit in fire (especially warmth and enchant) so that my merc could poke things better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •