10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    ah yes wonderbolt academy could get above the average mark as well. I didn't like the crystal empire that much. it was a good start but I freaking loved the s2 final and so the s3 start felt like a little letdown, but that's just me. Most of the time they just don't have enough time... MLP could be much better if they'd have more time.
    I liked Wonderbolt Academy, but I would've loved it if Lightning Dust hadn't been shunted offscreen at the end. Apparently the original ending had her stay as Dash's wingpony...which I would've loved. What I loved about today's episode is that they gave an iconic villain a second chance. Dust didn't get one.

I avoided spoilers, still I heard that people we're pretty hyped about it. And I thought they'd be hyped for a reason. In the end it was just the usual. The brony community fangasming over the return of a character... wow.
    I feel the same about Magic Duel. To be honest Magic Duel just reeks of pandering-to-fans to me. I didn't like it at all.

and about sleepless in ponyville: The only good thing about that was Luna. The rest of the episode was following a stereotype, and it was one that I always disliked.
    What stereotype is that? I mean I liked seeing Scoots put into a situation where her idolization of Dash made her overcome a moderate character flaw (fear of being found out as fearful).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I have no idea what's going on...
    With ze German accent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    With ze German accent.
    Yes, With ze German accent, I don't know what's going on.

I avoided spoilers, still I heard that people we're pretty hyped about it. And I thought they'd be hyped for a reason. In the end it was just the usual. The brony community fangasming over the return of a character... wow.

and about sleepless in ponyville: The only good thing about that was Luna. The rest of the episode was following a stereotype, and it was one that I always disliked.
    I didn't care for the Luna thing and thought it could have been cut and the episode would have been the same. I really liked Sleepless in Ponyville because of the interactions between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. The quasi adoption of Scoot by RD was very cute, and long awaited.

bad day. how are you?
    Fairly good tbh, except no Sha Touched weapon and that's about it for today xD
    Lei Shi shouldn't be that bad, just need a bit of grounded AoE/non-target AoE spells.
    It's easy to say that when half your group in LFR do nothing ._.

Deleted
    It doesn't really fit Discords nature to be good and today's episode didn't provide sufficient reason for him to change that way.
    And yes I was, I liked to see Luna get more screen time even it was just a little. Her character needed it. We never really saw her.
    Well, she IS the princess of the night, there isn't that much nighttime stuff in MLP.

I for one did see the reason of his sudden change. He has never had a friend in more than a thousand years, once he actually realised that Fluttershy really thought of him as a friend and trusted him, he didn't want to lose that friendship. Besides, he did state that he would [B](mostly)[/B] use his magic for good. Own theory is that if Twilight is indeed destined to become an Alicorn, Discord will be needed to make it happen too. (I mean why else would the Princess just suddenly decide to bring Discord to them and tell them they need to make him use his magic for good.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    It's easy to say that when half your group in LFR do nothing ._.
    Ohh... you hit berserk in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    I liked Wonderbolt Academy, but I would've loved it if Lightning Dust hadn't been shunted offscreen at the end. Apparently the original ending had her stay as Dash's wingpony...which I would've loved. What I loved about today's episode is that they gave an iconic villain a second chance. Dust didn't get one.
    Yes to both points. When Discord originally was turned to stone to rot for thousands of years again I was kind of disappointed and thought that went against the theme of the show. I was really hoping they would give him a chance for redemption at some point in the future, and now that they have that disappointment I had towards the end of the Discord two parter is gone.

I felt the same disappointment when Lightning Dust was shunned rather than given a second chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Rarity needs some serious character growth. She has had close to zero so far. The episode where she bonded with Sweetie Belle was close, but this season when she went camping with RD she treated her sister like shit so it kind of cancels that out.
    Fuck, I'd settle for Rarity being portrayed as the tasteful and courteous, if occasionally bitchy, artist that she was portrayed as in S1 and parts of S2. Sisterhooves Social was pretty good but really the last episode where she wasn't "the bitch" and nothing else--and she even caught flak for Sisterhooves Social because she was 'mean' to Sweetie Belle in a context where almost anyone would get ticked off. I imagine everyone who knocked Rarity for being mean in that episode doesn't know what it's like to have a younger sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Own theory is that if Twilight is indeed destined to become an Alicorn
    Stab me all you want, but I'm still firmly of the opinion that this is a bad idea that horribly contradicts some of the show's core themes.

I loved Apple Family Reunion, Sleepless in Ponyville (partly because of Dreamwalker Luna <3), and Spike at your Service.

I strongly disliked Magic Duel though. I know, stab me now.
    Everybody has an opinion.
    I have a knife and torture tools too though.

Deleted

I feel the same about Magic Duel. To be honest Magic Duel just reeks of pandering-to-fans to me. I didn't like it at all.
    I agree on Magic Duel, it's not even close to being my favourite episode this season. As for Dust, who knows, we might still be seeing her somewhere, although I would've also preferred that it wouldn't have been just "yeah we'll kick her out of the school."

Besides, giving Discord a second chance does kinda make sense. I mean yeah he is the spirit of chaos, but he isn't actually what one would consider evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I didn't care for the Luna thing and thought it could have been cut and the episode would have been the same. I really liked Sleepless in Ponyville because of the interactions between Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash. The quasi adoption of Scoot by RD was very cute, and long awaited.
    This.

Ohh... you hit berserk in LFR?
    Yep, once on both Lei Shi and Tsulong.
    Sha of Fear was fun though.

Deleted
    Yes, With ze German accent, I don't know what's going on.
    You're agreeing. Good enough for me.

good night all

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Stab me all you want, but I'm still firmly of the opinion that this is a bad idea that horribly contradicts some of the show's core themes.
    I won't. I personally dislike the thought as well, but I would imagine that to be one reason for todays episode if that really is to be the case. I mean it makes sense, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    good night all
    G'night, Hudsy.

Deleted
    good night all
    Sleep well Huds. \o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Yep, once on both Lei Shi and Tsulong.
    Sha of Fear was fun though.
    Ohhgod.... that's... something
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    You're agreeing. Good enough for me.
    \o/

good night all
    Good night

Fuck, I'd settle for Rarity being portrayed as the tasteful and courteous, if occasionally bitchy, artist that she was portrayed as in S1 and parts of S2. Sisterhooves Social was pretty good but really the last episode where she wasn't "the bitch" and nothing else--and she even caught flak for Sisterhooves Social because she was 'mean' to Sweetie Belle in a context where almost anyone would get ticked off. I imagine everyone who knocked Rarity for being mean in that episode doesn't know what it's like to have a younger sibling.

I don't think Rarity is a bitch at all. I think she has grown quite a lot since S1. I remember reading on EQD that one of them hated her in S1, but liked her more in S2. Now Rainbow Dash seems to be getting on my nerves since The Crystal Empire...