10+ Year Old Account
    That said, having spent so long writing trains you to see all the holes in writing no matter whose it is.

"I am the swarm." "Who are you, ME's Legion? Get the fuck out, Kerrigan. 'I' is a singular pronoun."
    "I am the queen of blades." "So you exclusively use lesser-being manipulation and psionic energy. I think you need new title, Queen."

(It's also has given me the innate reflex to flinch whenever I hear "prophecy", "destiny", or "fate".)

:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the 2009 Force India have to be so cuuuuuuuuuute

I want a 1:43 version of it but it's so expensive for some reason

Row row fight da system
    I don't get it.™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    That said, having spent so long writing trains you to see all the holes in writing no matter whose it is.

"I am the swarm." "Who are you, ME's Legion? Get the fuck out, Kerrigan. 'I' is a singular pronoun."
    "I am the queen of blades." "So you exclusively use lesser-being manipulation and psionic energy. I think you need new title, Queen."

(It's also has given me the innate reflex to flinch whenever I hear "prophecy", "destiny", or "fate".)
    That did irk me in an odd way, yeah. I just assumed it's because they're lesser beings not worthy of being mentioned with her.

Eh, I think, just like with the Overmind, they're driving home the point that there are no individuals in the swarm. Kerrigan really is it, everything else is just puppets. "I am the Swarm" is true in a variety of ways.

Can't even remember where she got the title Queen of Blades.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't know about their non-FF titles being good or not, but after 10 the whole series has been going down hill. 12 had an alright story, but the gameplay was pretty blah, not to mention the whole license system was pretty stupid among other things. 13 is just a rail-shooter.....er rail-RPG, not to mention the 2nd one and the soon to be 3rd one. 14 was god awful in almost every single way. Vs. 13 has been in development so long and has so much shit that is trying to fit into it that the game will go into the "comes out when Half Life 3 releases" section.
    13 opened up after the main story really, with all the monster hunt things, yeah sucked that it was so linear but it was ridiculously pretty and I enjoyed the story. Not played the second as got my PC :3
    14 got entirely re-made as they knew it ended up being crap.
    No KH3 until vs 13 is done so don't say that ;__;

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 09:50 AM ----------

Legion uses "we" in reference to the ~1000 geth in its core and the whole of the geth when it connects for the Widow plans in 2 :\
    Unless you mean is she like him then bleh
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2013-01-22 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BBKNj2mCAAIjnoa.jpg[IMG]
    Makes sense Twilight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    i blame Delph! ... kept me up half of the night... so exhausting...
    Giggity.

Am I the first to say it? Wow...
    I don't know about their non-FF titles being good or not, but after 10 the whole series has been going down hill. 12 had an alright story, but the gameplay was pretty blah, not to mention the whole license system was pretty stupid among other things. 13 is just a rail-shooter.....er rail-RPG, not to mention the 2nd one and the soon to be 3rd one. 14 was god awful in almost every single way. Vs. 13 has been in development so long and has so much shit that is trying to fit into it that the game will go into the "comes out when Half Life 3 releases" section.
    Ok, I'm sure I've done this before, but I'll rant a bit about FF12. You're right though, they went downhill after 10.

There are some things 12 gets right. The graphics, of course. The game is gorgeous. The exploration and all the hidden stuff contained in a massive world works well too. The hunt clubs? Yes, please. Think of it like searching for rares in WoW, except you actually get shit for them.

that's about where it ends. The combat is terrible. They tried this turn-based live action crap that didn't work out, though their minds didn't think so, if FF13 is anywhere close to it. Every boss fights ends up the same. Start it by dispelling all the buffs you can from them, and spend the rest of the time dispelling debuffs on your characters. And with only ten gambits, this gets annoying to the point it might as fucking well be a full turn-based game.

The characters are dull. Even Balthier, who is supposed to be the eccentric pirate who is apparently the real main character, is dull. It's not his fault though, it's the nature of how they told the story. The dull, boring, stupid story. Take a little Star Wars (rebellion taking out evil empire, led by the Princess of the former peoples), throw in a dull "oh, well this is the most powerful artifact, let's go get it. Ok, but wait, no, THIS is the most powerful artifact, let's go get IT". Really. Come on. Come up with something new. How many times do you get captured in the game? It's too many.

Of course, the characters might be more interesting if the leveling and skill system was anything but pointless. Every character can have every skill, and can equip every weapon and every armor. So, what's the point in having different characters? There isn't. Wanna stare at young Penelo all day? user her? Think Captain Basch from Dalmasca swings that sword really cool-like? Use him. La-dee-dah, fuck that shit.
    Does Isi have a special someone keeping him up all night?
    Ahem, special "somepony"

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Why does the 2009 Force India have to be so cuuuuuuuuuute

I want a 1:43 version of it but it's so expensive for some reason
    How expensive are they?
    I don't get it.™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Eh, I think, just like with the Overmind, they're driving home the point that there are no individuals in the swarm. Kerrigan really is it, everything else is just puppets. "I am the Swarm" is true in a variety of ways.
    I get that, but to be 'the swarm', at least to me, she can't be elevated above them at all. I was okay with the concept of "I am many" with Legion in ME because he was just one of many; every other platform was effectively the same as he was. You can hardly say the same for Kerrigan.

(As an aside, it's another reason I'm against alicorn Twi. It 'elevates' her above her friends. -grumble-)

Can't even remember where she got the title Queen of Blades.
    Me neither, but it's a fucking awful title. Something that happens a lot with me (and other writers, I'm sure) is that you subconsciously substitute synonyms or near-synonyms just to see if the meaning and coolness factor are preserved. "Queen of Swords"...no, no not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Legion uses "we" in reference to the ~1000 geth in its core and the whole of the geth when it connects for the Widow plans in 2 :\
    Unless you mean is she like him then bleh
    "I am legion" is about the same as saying "I am many". Kerrigan's "I am the swarm" is no doubt the Overmind thing, but it gets on my nerves because unlike Legion, she's in a position of undeniable superiority over her minions.

Both Final Fantasy movies, really, though the first shouldn't have been called "Final Fantasy."
    No, it shouldn't have.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Me neither, but it's a fucking awful title. Something that happens a lot with me (and other writers, I'm sure) is that you subconsciously substitute synonyms or near-synonyms just to see if the meaning and coolness factor are preserved. "Queen of Swords"...no, no not really. .
    "Queen of Safety Scissors"
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Morning Yordles and alike thingies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    Marketing line: "Scissors you can run with."

-sigh-

I should really try to finish this stupid doodle, but nooo, I have to level alts...

Queen of Ridiculously Sharp Cutleries

or cutting utensils
    I don't get it.™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post
    How expensive are they?
    50 pounds with postage apparently.

It's absolutely ridiculous for a car that didn't really do much apart from one incredible performance. And they don't even have the version with the driver who did that.

No I obviously wasn't thinking of buying it, just that it looks very cool and I'd like to add it to my collection someday.

Marketing line: "Scissors you can run with."

-sigh-

I should really try to finish this stupid doodle, but nooo, I have to level alts...
    Art>WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Naro View Post
    Queen of Ridiculously Sharp Cutleries
    Queen of black vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Art>WoW
    Depends on what art.