Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think there is two different cases of depression. This is all "this makes sense to me", so don't think of it as fact.

The first one is environmental depression. I'm depressed because my life genuinely sucks (not like those teenagers who seem to be depressed just to be cool). This could also cause a chemical imbalance, as I do eat very little, so there's probably something biological that is exacerbating the condition.

The second is a chemical imbalance that causes it. No matter how good your life is, you're always going to be depressed, because your body is just causing it. These are the cases where I think medication would help, if it can fix all those little things going on inside the body.
    I disagree. Just because someone seems like they have a great life doesn't mean there isn't some outlying factors causing them to be depressed. I do not believe anyone gets depressed for no reason at all. The chemical imbalance is a result of depression. I also believe that people can control their emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Have fun then! :3
    I can try :<
    Thought so, it looked real enough.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    I <3 Dexter's Lab so much
    Same! I used to watch it all the time.
    That, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog = my childhood.
    Also the Toonami stuff of One Piece, Pokémon, Dragonball, Gundam, Digimon, Medabots etc. Toonami was the best...
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-01-22 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    I can try :<

Thought so, it looked real enough.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:25 PM ----------

Same! I used to watch it all the time.
    That, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog = my childhood.
    Also the Toonami stuff of One Piece, Pokémon, Dragonball, Gundam, Digimon, Medabots etc. Toonami was the best...
    Always try to have fun

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best | My Aviary

My childhood was Saber Rider and Marshall Bravestarr.

Fuck, I'm old :/

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    My childhood was Saber Rider and Marshall Bravestarr.

Fuck, I'm old :/
    Hiya Ana Sassa Si!

Hiya Ana Sassa Si!
    Hai Freyster. How are we this fine evening?

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what a psychologist would have to say to me if I went to one. I've always been kind of curious about that for some reason.
    I went to one a couple of times over the last 12 months. It's not that bad, although I've had some of my fears confirmed. Don't know what you'd be told though.

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    I don't know if something's WRONG with me

but it would be neat to see what a professional has to sat about me

mentally.
    It is pretty interesting, although my psychologist hasn't really defined me as anything yet.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Hai Freyster. How are we this fine evening?
    Really super bored. Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    I'm still emotionally hurt that blue wouldn't rate my oc.
    If you stopped trolling me and gave me a serious attempt an OC, I might.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I also believe that people can control their emotions.
    I politely disagree. In my eyes, you cannot control your emotions, but you can certainly control what you do with them. I picture myself as having a sort of emotional buffer where powerful emotions can happen but I am not emotionally compelled to do anything with them until they pass through that buffer. A sort of emotional ballistics gel, if you will.
    [Le Artlog] [t] [♫] [The Way through the World of Discord]

[Ponyfic: Of Stardust and Splinters] ~ [Thank You, MLP] ~ [p29.8.2014: dA | FiMFic]

" I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Really super bored. Yourself?
    Ah well, I'm good. Was kind of sick the last few days but my immune system fought valiantly and defeated that nasty Drago--- ehm, cold virus. Right now I have to go to bed very soon but I'm absolutely not tired. But work tomorrow. Do not want!

Powerpuff Girls, Dragonball,Cow & Chicken, Rockos modern life, the smurfs, tom & jerry, He-man,thundercaty,gargoyls and Darkwing Duck. I really loved the good old shows, when i watch todays stuff, i feel like: "Wtf is this shit?" Then you realize this feeling, which some old people have: Taste change and they think the same about your stuff. But seriously, todays TV program sucks, Jersey Shore as example, thats how peoples brain starts dying from watching stupid people getting "famous" for beeing scumbags and stuff, they will want to be like them, cause they see if youre dumb enough you will get on TV.

Ah well, I'm good. Was kind of sick the last few days but my immune system fought valiantly and defeated that nasty Drago--- ehm, cold virus. Right now I have to go to bed very soon but I'm absolutely not tired. But work tomorrow. Do not want!
    Time for Nyquil!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    I politely disagree. In my eyes, you cannot control your emotions, but you can certainly control what you do with them. I picture myself as having a sort of emotional buffer where powerful emotions can happen but I am not emotionally compelled to do anything with them until they pass through that buffer. A sort of emotional ballistics gel, if you will.
    You are a total slave of your hormones. Willpower only gets you so far, those chemicals zipping around in your brain decide how you feel and you can't do jack about it. While you are able to suppress how you show emotions (say, by keeping a straight face when you really want to cry) you cannot turn off the feeling that you want to cry.

So, apparently this is a place nearby. I saw it today while getting lost looking for another place. Laughed at the name, and checked on it when I got home.

http://www.ruagamer.com/

Wonder if they're hiring.

You are a total slave of your hormones. Willpower only gets you so far, those chemicals zipping around in your brain decide how you feel and you can't do jack about it. While you are able to suppress how you show emotions (say, by keeping a straight face when you really want to cry) you cannot turn off the feeling that you want to cry.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it too.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Powerpuff Girls, Dragonball,Cow & Chicken, Rockos modern life, the smurfs, tom & jerry, He-man,thundercaty,gargoyls and Darkwing Duck. I really loved the good old shows, when i watch todays stuff, i feel like: "Wtf is this shit?" Then you realize this feeling, which some old people have: Taste change and they think the same about your stuff. But seriously, todays TV program sucks, Jersey Shore as example, thats how peoples brain starts dying from watching stupid people getting "famous" for beeing scumbags and stuff, they will want to be like them, cause they see if youre dumb enough you will get on TV.
    That's why I stick to shows like Warehouse 13, Eureka, Psych, Monk, Burn Notice, Royal Pains, Leverage, Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, and other things of that sort.

You can if you give it some effort. I don't like how society these days encourages people to rely on drugs to control their depression. We medicate for everything nowadays. People can learn to control their emotions, but it's not something you can do overnight. I feel like medication is far too often used as a crutch where self discipline and meditation should be. Only in the most extreme cases should medication be used to control emotions.

Of course that's only my opinion.

Well, i can think you can controll them. Thats something you HAVE to learn early in life. You will meet people on your daily work who are just scumbags and you can't just punch/insult them or even refuse to work with them, thats some sort of controlling your emotions, but im one to talk i not even shed a tear when i saw my dead grandma or my mom getting into hospital. I have strange emotions anyway, i rather shed manly tears to epic moments, or some typical "happy end" stuff. Controlling your emotions is in my opinion something really important in life, it can sometimes safe you doing stupid things you might regret afterwards.

So, apparently this is a place nearby. I saw it today while getting lost looking for another place. Laughed at the name, and checked on it when I got home.

http://www.ruagamer.com/

Wonder if they're hiring.
    I would like a job at some place like that.