Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    That is so far from not being the reason that it and the reason don't even exist in the same dimension
    so it's the reason?

lel grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    But Muninn is the name of Odin's raven

But yeah, I get'cha. Though, I have to admit (I hope this is what is considered "friendly critique") the names of your OC's can be hard to remember, since they are hard words. Like, normally in fanfics, ponies names are Sunny Smiles and Dusty Roads and Morning Dew, and in yours it's Zephyr, Azimuth, Cavatina and Descant

I know it's not your style to do it differently, but it's something that's good to be aware of, right?

Ok
    Frey has to stay pure and innocent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Do share. I'm listening.
    I cannot share the reason, as said before. Just know it has nothing to do with you

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Who's the vocalist?
    Probably Derpy; Vocalists are always the ones jumping into the crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    If it makes you feel any better i don't read fan fics because im not a big fan of reading.
    I don't begrudge people that. I just hate it when people dismiss fanfiction as literature because it's got the label "fanfiction".

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    But Muninn is the name of Odin's raven

But yeah, I get'cha. Though, I have to admit (I hope this is what is considered "friendly critique") the names of your OC's can be hard to remember, since they are hard words. Like, normally in fanfics, ponies names are Sunny Smiles and Dusty Roads and Morning Dew, and in yours it's Zephyr, Azimuth, Cavatina and Descant

I know it's not your style to do it differently, but it's something that's good to be aware of, right?
    Oh, I know. I've tried make the names easy enough to tell apart even if you don't recall them exactly. And in all fairness, half of those were dragon names that kind of have to be...out there.

I mean, my other pony OCs--Swan Fletching, Event Horizon, Burnout, Meridian, Crimson and Violet Lotus, Night Light--those are pretty standard pony OC names, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could listen to John De Lancie answering questions the whole day. His voice is amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't begrudge people that. I just hate it when people dismiss fanfiction as literature because it's got the label "fanfiction".

Oh, I know. I've tried make the names easy enough to tell apart even if you don't recall them exactly. And in all fairness, half of those were dragon names that kind of have to be...out there.

I mean, my other pony OCs--Swan Fletching, Event Horizon, Burnout, Meridian, Crimson and Violet Lotus, Night Light--those are pretty standard pony OC names, as far as I know.
    tis a uphill battle mel every new form of art has to go through it fan ficitions......video games even tv.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I actually don't think anyone from the thread feels like that. Not anyone I've talked to, anyway.

Everytime I encounter that name... Every. Single. Time.

Deleted
    It's because he hates me and because all fanfiction is clearly senseless fan gibberish and people shipping various ponies for no other reason than they want to.

-grumblegrumble-

(Sorry, I'm beyond sick of "well it's fanfiction so it must be garbage".)

(Also, Ziru--Just looked up Munin, sorry for the little crusade I went on. It's...fitting somewhat, I'll grant you that, but I'm also averse to using mythology that only a few people will know about.)
    you do realize that reading fanfiction involves a large amount of time, unlike looking at fan art, which you can look at 5 seconds and decide whether you like it or not. That makes most people refuse to read it unless they heard from other people it's actually really beyond good. Not everyone has infinite free time and they will rather spend it on something they're more sure is worth it. Generalisations exist for a reason, not all fanfiction is garbage, just that it's not really good and even the best ones out there cannot compare to a real book, this makes even less people wanting to invest their time in reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    I could listen to John De Lancie answering questions the whole day. His voice is amazing
    I didn't much care for it in Quantum Conundrum

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to know how this guy does this shit in a matter of a few hours http://my.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Mirror-Pond-356978109

Yeah, I watched seven minutes and turned it off. The questions just got dumber and dumber, it was embarrassing for humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wingboner Drafo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I would love to know how this guy does this shit in a matter of a few hours http://my.deviantart.com/art/MLP-Mirror-Pond-356978109

Yeah, I watched seven minutes and turned it off. The questions just got dumber and dumber, it was embarrassing for humanity.
    you should watch it all. the questions getting better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    you do realize that reading fanfiction involves a large amount of time, unlike looking at fan art, which you can look at 5 seconds and decide whether you like it or not. That makes most people refuse to read it unless they heard from other people it's actually really beyond good. Not everyone has infinite free time and they will rather spend it on something they're more sure is worth it. Generalisations exist for a reason, not all fanfiction is garbage, just that it's not really good and even the best ones out there cannot compare to a real book, this makes even less people wanting to invest their time into reading it.
    I think what Blues's talking about is refusing to read a recommendation because "It's a fanfic".

Like if I said "Dude, Circle of Friends might only be 5 pages long, but it's insanely good. I urge you to read it" and I get the response "No, it's fanfic, so it must be shit" then I would get kinda pissed myself. Luckily I've never encountered this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wingboner Drafo?
    i got no wings "if you know what i mean"

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps0e414b09.png
    gonna link this one more time asking if everything looks crisp clean fits you know........again its not finished and i doubt it will be finished until some time in the next two weeks.
    eventually ill do some bravest warrior art .
    then go back to a bit of ponies.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    naro, you need to stop drinknig coffee.
    I WILL nevr stop DRINKING coffee

...because I never started!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Calm down Naro! You're gonna have an aneurysm!
    I don't KNOW what that is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naro McBigdaddy View Post
    I WILL nevr stop DRINKING coffee

...because I never started!

I don't KNOW what that is
    Good. Caffeine is bad for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I cannot share the reason, as said before. Just know it has nothing to do with you
    Well, thanks for that, then.

(Also, Ziru--Just looked up Munin, sorry for the little crusade I went on. It's...fitting somewhat, I'll grant you that, but I'm also averse to using mythology that only a few people will know about.)
    Quoting myself so Ziru sees it, and so I can add something.

I only recently brought in any external mythology outside of pretty well-established show mythology (that being Luna's a Dreamwalker, and there's Dreamscape and Tartarus as a sort of pony-equivalent for Heaven and Hell [although my interpretation of those are a little different and adapted to the meta]). The only thing I brought in was a reference to some Greek mythology--Artemis, Apollo, and Gaia--and I don't think mixing mythologies would work out so well. I could be wrong though, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    you do realize that reading fanfiction involves a large amount of time, unlike looking at fan art, which you can look at 5 seconds and decide whether you like it or not. That makes most people refuse to read it unless they heard from other people it's actually really beyond good. Not everyone has infinite free time and they will rather spend it on something they're more sure is worth it. Generalisations exist for a reason, not all fanfiction is garbage, just that it's not really good and even the best ones out there cannot compare to a real book, this makes even less people wanting to invest their time into reading it.
    Oh, I know. (I disagree with the bolded part, but I'll leave that alone). But if there's anything that I've learned over the past year, is that when it comes to written literature, you have to give it something to get something out of it, and that is giving it your time and mental energy. Like you said, you can't just pop a tab open and read it all in 5 seconds.

My issue isn't with that, I get that, and that's something I've become acutely aware of recently. I just get really irritated when people dismiss fanfiction just because of that exact label and assume it's all fanwank. It's like people dismissing FiM because it's got "My Little Pony" in the title. Yeah, okay, it's based on a generalization and it's an assumption meant to save people's time for something actually worth investing in. Doesn't change the fact that occasionally that assumption will make you miss out on something you might have really enjoyed.