Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Ahh. Well good luck then. Sounds rather difficult.
    I wasn't around for the first run, but that group went through the game and killed Hell Baal with Iron Wolf mercs, which are probably the worst of all the henchidiots to work with on bosses since they don't have crushing blow. Then they did barbarian mercs who filleted their enemies with ruthless efficiency (odd that the barbarian mercs are the most intelligent), and now we're on the archer/rogue mercs. Once we're done with them we'll move on to the polearm mercs and hopefully progress much faster since those guys have great weapon support for killing things.

Oh, this is on Hardcore too. We've had a few deaths here and there, but usually we're quite safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    <3
    Don't worry, I'm pulling my strings, I'll manage somehow.

Oh, you get founders if you buy a physical copy, and then there is "Elite" which is like paying for additional benefits.
    You don't really need it to play though.

And yeah, I become 21.

Hey.

Those are great news, intestines are vital to living and all...
    Hope so. And Happy early Birthday, as I'm sure I'll forget in 30 days on accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    I wasn't around for the first run, but that group went through the game and killed Hell Baal with Iron Wolf mercs, which are probably the worst of all the henchidiots to work with on bosses since they don't have crushing blow. Then they did barbarian mercs who filleted their enemies with ruthless efficiency (odd that the barbarian mercs are the most intelligent), and now we're on the archer/rogue mercs. Once we're done with them we'll move on to the polearm mercs and hopefully progress much faster since those guys have great weapon support for killing things.

Oh, this is on Hardcore too. We've had a few deaths here and there, but usually we're quite safe.
    As long as you're having fun

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Fairy Tail openings are always catchy.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Our new coffee machine is awesome, that tastes soo good.
    Ranked games in LoL still disabled and i don't want to play Tera, since Rune is only level 22 and i want him to catch up, thats a bit derp of a situation.

As long as you're having fun
    I mostly am. I'm playing an assassin so I do get to use Cloak of Shadows and Fade, but I can also use Psychic Hammer because it does so little damage that it's allowed. Smashing things away with a psychic hammer is rather fun.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    They were probably trying to "improve" their servers or something.
    Well, it's a feature that has been around since launch, and is completely unnecessary. I'm not starting over again, especially without enough people playing to do the things you need to do to level up in that game, and get gear.

They released a new patch around every couple years when it was still big, don't expect another one again, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Our new coffee machine is awesome, that tastes soo good.
    Ranked games in LoL still disabled and i don't want to play Tera, since Rune is only level 22 and i want him to catch up, thats a bit derp of a situation.
    Speaking of derp, happy Derpy day everypony! For the next two hours for me at least... It's already passed for most people, but I'm celebrating anyway.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly am. I'm playing an assassin so I do get to use Cloak of Shadows and Fade, but I can also use Psychic Hammer because it does so little damage that it's allowed. Smashing things away with a psychic hammer is rather fun.
    Ah. I didn't play enough D2 to know what you're talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of derp, happy Derpy day everypony! For the next two hours for me at least... It's already passed for most people, but I'm celebrating anyway.
    Fellow poster on GitP started it, Thanqol. Said he lost his partner because he had to work or something, plus it rained, so it was prime conditions. Speaking of, next year, if they're nearby, one of the Australians here should go with him. he does it the day before so he can write about it on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, it's a feature that has been around since launch, and is completely unnecessary. I'm not starting over again, especially without enough people playing to do the things you need to do to level up in that game, and get gear.

They released a new patch around every couple years when it was still big, don't expect another one again, ever.
    Oh yeah, even if I was on drugs I'd know they won't be releasing a patch. Any mention of D2 again and they might get people playing D2 instead of D3.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, even if I was on drugs I'd know they won't be releasing a patch. Any mention of D2 again and they might get people playing D2 instead of D3.
    D2 has the issue of being terribly unbalanced in Hell. I don't know if I could go back to having to play a hammer pally over anything else. At least in Diablo 3 I have.....one option. Never mind. But at least I know half my abilities won't be useless against most mobs (really, great way to kill fire sorceresses in Hell).

Ah. I didn't play enough D2 to know what you're talking about
    Cloak of Shadows basically makes all the enemies on the screen blind except champions and uniques and crap. It also lowers their defense and raises the party's. The only thing wrong with it? As you invest more skill points into it, its cooldown increases. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?

Fade turns the assassin translucent and grants improved elemental resistances, lowered curse duration, and it has a hidden physical damage reduction part too. Main problem with that is that beneficial shrines buffs also get their durations lowered, but thankfully Fade can be lowered to get a shrine, and then cast again and it won't lower the buff duration that way.

Psychic Hammer is a ranged hammer spell that knocks back most enemies and does a bit of magical and physical damage. It also resets the monster's AI if it gets knocked back, a feature I'd used extensively while they're blinded by Cloak of Shadows.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak of Shadows basically makes all the enemies on the screen blind except champions and uniques and crap. It also lowers their defense and raises the party's. The only thing wrong with it? As you invest more skill points into it, its cooldown increases. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking?

Fade turns the assassin translucent and grants improved elemental resistances, lowered curse duration, and it has a hidden physical damage reduction part too. Main problem with that is that beneficial shrines buffs also get their durations lowered, but thankfully Fade can be lowered to get a shrine, and then cast again and it won't lower the buff duration that way.

Psychic Hammer is a ranged hammer spell that knocks back most enemies and does a bit of magical and physical damage. It also resets the monster's AI if it gets knocked back, a feature I'd used extensively while they're blinded by Cloak of Shadows.
    Ah. Sounds thrilling

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember teleport? Yeah, everybody does. Remember how sorceresses had to only put one point into it? Yeah, everybody does.

D2 has the issue of being terribly unbalanced in Hell. I don't know if I could go back to having to play a hammer pally over anything else. At least in Diablo 3 I have.....one option. Never mind. But at least I know half my abilities won't be useless against most mobs (really, great way to kill fire sorceresses in Hell).
    And even Hammerdins got nerfed. I think it was 1.13 that they changed it so it doesn't ignore demon and undead immunities.

But plenty more builds than a hammerdin are viable. As I mentioned above, the group I play with only uses our mercs for offense, and they've killed Hell Baal both with Iron Wolf mercs and barb mercs. Now we're working on rogues, and after that will be the town guard guys from A2. I wish our enchantress was around to help out, but the player has had other things going on last I remember.

The only character I've beaten Hell on myself was a sorceress actually. I think I went lightning/cold, plus a bit in fire (especially warmth and enchant) so that my merc could poke things better.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-02 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spotify, your suggestions are more retarded than anything you've done before...and that's saying something

And even Hammerdins got nerfed. I think it was 1.13 that they changed it so it doesn't ignore demon and undead immunities.

But plenty more builds than a hammerdin are viable. As I mentioned above, the group I play with only uses our mercs for offense, and they've killed Hell Baal both with Iron Wolf mercs and barb mercs. Now we're working on rogues, and after that will be the town guard guys from A2. I wish our enchantress was around to help out, but the player has had other things going on last I remember.

The only character I've beaten Hell on myself was a sorceress actually. I think I went lightning/cold, plus a bit in fire (especially warmth and enchant) so that my merc could poke things better.
    Wait, what? Your merc doesn't die in a millisecond. You must have some ungodly gear on it.

Spotify, your suggestions are more retarded than anything you've done before...and that's saying something
    Wait ,what? Your merc doesn't die in a millisecond. You must have some ungodly gear on it.
    Mercs got buffed to hell and back.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Mercs got buffed to hell and back.
    Not unless there's been a patch since, oh, two years ago.

Don should rock this deck box to his next Magic tourney
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-02 at 05:24 AM.

Remember teleport? Yeah, everybody does. Remember how sorceresses had to only put one point into it? Yeah, everybody does.
    Yup, plenty of one-point wonders. But at least teleport's mana cost went down with more points, so getting +skills didn't make things more difficult.

Although teleport points did make Energy Shield better. I recall some people at The Amazon Basin crunched the numbers and found that with the right number of points plus some gear that lowered physical and magical damage, the sorceress could pretty much become immune to damage including from stuff with mana burn. I also recall a Paladin build that achieved the same thing. The guy who came up with it could park his pally in a Hell Lister pack then go get a sandwich and his paladin would still be there alive and usually with full health.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:29 PM ----------

Wait, what? Your merc doesn't die in a millisecond. You must have some ungodly gear on it.
    Nope, not ungodly gear. Just decent gear with good tactics and buffs. Well, unless you'd call such stuff as an Insight rune word polearm "ungodly." One of the current rogue mercs has a Harmony rune word bow, but that's pretty much the best we've got.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-03-02 at 05:31 AM.
    Super Brony Friendfinder