Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    mfw people list "always online" in the bad section

[img]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/062/f/4/fluttershy_is_confluttered_v2_1_123323123121_by_centurionkortin-d5wwyrk.png[/ig]
    It wouldn't be an issue if the games were

A) Inherently multiplayer and

B) I didn't live in bumfuck nowhere with internet that cuts out for hours at least once a week.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It wouldn't be an issue if the games were

A) Inherently multiplayer and

B) I didn't live in bumfuck nowhere with internet that cuts out for hours at least once a week.
    Sim City 5 is inherently multiplayer. They built it with multiplayer in mind.

That's just unfortunate and really should be fixed. Have you considered moving?
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    Sim City 5 is inherently multiplayer. They built it with multiplayer in mind.

That's just unfortunate and really should be fixed. Have you considered moving?
    Moving into the city (where we have reliable internet) is not cost-effective at this time.

Sim City as a multiplayer experience could be cool, but I don't foresee too much actually engaging gameplay coming out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    There were a few too many restrictions for my liking.
    Everything that was fun to make was always too intense or too nauseating. So annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving into the city (where we have reliable internet) is not cost-effective at this time.

Sim City as a multiplayer experience could be cool, but I don't foresee too much actually engaging gameplay coming out of it.
    I don't recall any combat in Sim City games. So what would be the reason to have Multiplayer? Trade resources? Race to build stuff? Throw loofahs at each other?

10+ Year Old Account

I never considered Sim City prime multiplayer material.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Everything that was fun to make was always too intense or too nauseating. So annoying.
    Those people will then be thrown into the water.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Depends on what you're looking for in a game. I found it moderately amusing for... *Checks Steam* ... 84 hours.

You have to harvest raw materials. Then you have to take them to either a warehouse to be stored, or to a factory to refine them into goods. Then you can use those goods to make products that you need to build things. Or products that your citizens need to grow and be happy. Islands will only have certain resources. You'll have to go to other islands to find more that you need, then have those shipped back to your other island for processing or use via trade routes that you can set up.

Citizens needs are very simple. Food and Drink are the most basic. They won't be satisfied with the same food and drink every tier though, you will need to make fancier food and drink for them. The other needs are things like information and entertainment, which are gotten simply by building certain buildings with circles of influence that envelop the house. When a house goes to the next tier, you get more income, so you can have more upkeep, but you'll also have to satisfy more needs.
    Oh, that sounds challenging. And fun. I think I would like to check it out
    I don't have a stable internet connection. There are times when it can be gone for a day or just a couple hours. At those times, I usually like to play games.

I don't recall any combat in Sim City games. So what would be the reason to have Multiplayer? Trade resources? Race to build stuff? Throw loofahs at each other?
    Trade, rivalries, probably "commuters" from one town to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those people will then be thrown into the water.
    I found that people dying on my rides actually increased their popularity.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 10:50 PM ----------

The only "Fun" thing I can think of is extorting other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    Oh, that sounds challenging. And fun. I think I would like to check it out

I don't have a stable internet connection. There are times when it can be gone for a day or just a couple hours. At those times, I usually like to play games.
    The whole "taking the resources from the harvester to the factory to the warehouse" is done automatically by the computer, but only if they have roads to do so. Food and Drink doesn't have to be brought to each house individually or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I found that people dying on my rides actually increased their popularity.
    Nothing like a 400 ft. ramp into the water to make people think it is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

That's incredibly unfortunate. The internet is something everyone should have. I would not live anywhere that has the possibility of me not getting the internet 24/7.

Regardless of what could be occurring and what might come out of it, they designed this Sim City to be inherently multiplayer. You spend your time building cities with friends or random people. I don't know what they thought could come out of it, but there's no point in wishing it wasn't always online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could do all that in Spore, and I didn't have to always be online for that.

They are rebooting the Tomb Raider movies? Does no one have an original idea anymore? Although I guess reboot Tomb Raider, was the first time anyone said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are rebooting the Tomb Raider movies? Does no one have an original idea anymore? Although I guess reboot Tomb Raider, was the first time anyone said it.
    Original IP is risky. As long as there's such thing as shareholders, people will avoid making original IP as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Letter Media had a great segment about remaking movies. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hollywood: You don't have to make a good movie. You just have to make a movie that makes money. And as long as the people who funded you to make the movie made money off of it, they'll give you more money to make more movies.

I could do all that in Spore, and I didn't have to always be online for that.
    Too bad the actual game part of Spore wasn't very good. Making creatures might as well have been the game, since you spent what felt like 12 hours making the creature.