10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Too bad the actual game part of Spore wasn't very good. Making creatures might as well have been the game, since you spent what felt like 12 hours making the creature.
    Spore had so much potential too

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I could do all that in Spore, and I didn't have to always be online for that.
    But again, this is a game built AROUND multiplayer. They built it expressly for the multiplayer. The only reason it exists is for the multiplayer aspects. This is why you cannot be upset about this particular game being always online.

Just like how you cannot be mad for Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U only game. The only reason there's a such thing as Bayonetta 2 is because of Nintendo.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    But again, this is a game built AROUND multiplayer. They built it expressly for the multiplayer. The only reason it exists is for the multiplayer aspects. This is why you cannot be upset about this particular game being always online.
    Yes well. That is true, then.

Original IP is risky. As long as there's such thing as shareholders, people will avoid making original IP as much as possible.
    I do not look forward to the time when all of the video game movies start coming out.

I wasn't looking forward to the anime movies either, but The Last Airbender and Dragonball basically showed it needs to be done right to make money, which comic book movies spent 10+ years in until Iron Man showed you can do it right.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:57 AM ----------

Spore had so much potential too
    Yes it did.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I do not look forward to the time when all of the video game movies start coming out.

I wasn't looking forward to the anime movies either, but The Last Airbender and Dragonball basically showed it needs to be done right to make money, which comic book movies spent 10+ years in until Iron Man showed you can do it right.
    I don't know. The first 2 Batman movies and the first 2 Superman movies, for all their 80's/early 90's cheesiness, were actually pretty successful, especially by the standards of the time.

Then, of course, the next two in each series proved you can do it horribly, horribly wrong, too.

Then the X-Men movies kinda started the revival, with Iron Man, Thor, et al really driving "good" super hero movies into the limelight, after your aforementioned decade of stuff like Elektra and Daredevil.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I don't know. The first 2 Batman movies and the first 2 Superman movies, for all their 80's/early 90's cheesiness, were actually pretty successful, especially by the standards of the time.

Then, of course, the next two in each series proved you can do it horribly, horribly wrong, too.

Then the X-Men movies kinda started the revival, with Iron Man, Thor, et al really driving "good" super hero movies into the limelight, after your aforementioned decade of stuff like Elektra and Daredevil.
    Hue hue hue. Elektra and Daredevil. I had thankfully forgot those existed.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm actually casually optimistic about video game movies moving forward. At least for the Deus Ex movie. The writers are going about it as if they're making just a cyberpunk movie that just happens to have elements in common with Deus Ex. I believe that's a great way to go about starting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NNZ7c0p.jpg[/IfMG]
    No fox ears. Trash it. Next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NNZ7c0p.jpg[IMG]
    That is not very loli of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

X-Men showed that you can both do it right and wrong in the same trilogy, as did Spider-Man. Hulk showed that you need a director that doesn't suck.

All of the older comic book movies were fine, for their time. I am not knocking the Batman and Superman from the 70's and 80's. The Batman movies in the 90's were mostly miss. The last Superman movie was god awful, which means this next one coming up will be better no matter what, just like 2010's Hulk was better than 2000's Hulk for those exact reasons.

Anime movies will go through similar motions, although if they continue with actually trying them I am waiting to see since Cowboy Bebop and Akira dropped off the planet.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 02:07 AM ----------

I'm actually casually optimistic about video game movies moving forward. At least for the Deus Ex movie. The writers are going about it as if they're making just a cyberpunk movie that just happens to have elements in common with Deus Ex. I believe that's a great way to go about starting it.
    There are a lot that have been planned for quite some time. As far back as planning Metal Gear Solid and then God of War.

As long as they are better than the Super Mario movie I will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men showed that you can both do it right and wrong in the same trilogy, as did Spider-Man. Hulk showed that you need a director that doesn't suck.

All of the older comic book movies were fine, for their time. I am not knocking the Batman and Superman from the 70's and 80's. The Batman movies in the 90's were mostly miss. The last Superman movie was god awful, which means this next one coming up will be better no matter what, just like 2010's Hulk was better than 2000's Hulk for those exact reasons.

Anime movies will go through similar motions, although if they continue with actually trying them I am waiting to see since Cowboy Bebop and Akira dropped off the planet.
    You know what really grinds my gears? Mockbusters from the Sci Fi channel and whereever else they come from. Almost exactly the same name, gets you all excited to see it, then you realize you're watch a piece of crap.

And then it was time for me to hit the hay. You folks have a good day/night.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 02:09 AM ----------

You know what really grinds my gears? Mockbusters from the Sci Fi channel and whereever else they come from. Almost exactly the same name, gets you all excited to see it, then you realize you're watch a piece of crap.
    Sci-Fi has decent shows, but it's movies are pretty damn horrible. The only time they had good ones was the Librarian. Or was that TNT/TBS?

No fox ears. Trash it. Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    That is not very loli of you.
    He exists to protect the lolis.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then it was time for me to hit the hay. You folks have a good day/night.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 02:09 AM ----------

Sci-Fi has decent shows, but it's movies are pretty damn horrible. The only time they had good ones was the Librarian. Or was that TNT/TBS?
    Laters Donners

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solazz View Post
    He exists to protect the lolis.
    Oh. Fair enough then. Carry on good sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Was. lol I had my fill of inferno nonsense for the night.
    I mean consistently. As much shit as the game has to go to get to be "good", I still play daily. Though, right now, it's keeping me alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    good morning pon pons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    good morning pon pons
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Ohai <3
    Morning you two

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's it. I've been subtly showing this thing off for the past day, but goddammit, I'm so proud of it that I have to share it. Behold, the only picture I've drawn in a long while that actually came out exactly how I wanted it to:

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's it. I've been subtly showing this thing off for the past day, but goddammit, I'm so proud of it that I have to share it. Behold, the only picture I've drawn in a long while that actually came out exactly how I wanted it to:

[img]http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/062/f/4/fluttershy_is_confluttered_v2_1_123323123121_by_centurionkortin-d5wwyrk.png[/imdg]
    Looks good Kortin!