Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This actually looks fun. Amazing it's only one guy doing it. I wanna see more on the crafting and stuff though. These games really don't grab me unless it has good customization. Replay value should be high though, since there's 8 classes to play.
    Don't forget the world is endless like Minecraft.
    Hey everyone

Really stoked for this game. I'm hoping for a demo soon. Wollay has been saying that the demo is just running the way that he wanted it to, so that's a good sign imo. Still no idea what race or class I'm going to roll as, but hey, whatever! Every time I see this game it just keeps on improving. I really have faith in this guy!

Here's the official website, in case anybody is interested in seeing all the available information:
    https://picroma.com/

It's pretty rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    RPG Minecraft? FINALLY!

I saw this when it was in realllly early development, glad to see its come along so well.
    It seems more than just a RPG Minecraft.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    It seems more than just a RPG Minecraft.
    Agreed. I wouldn't really compare it to Minecraft at all. The only thing remotely similar is the art style, and even then, Cube World's is much more detailed.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://cubeworldforum.org/topic/4069...alpha-out-now/

Paid Alpha released just over an hour ago. Website is now undergoing maintenance due to overloading within 15 minutes of the paid alpha being released, because of such high traffic. And that happened with no official announcement other than the forum I linked above. Don't think anyone would have expected such an insane response to it.

Not to mention I'd literally never even heard of this game before yesterday, and now I don't think I've ever been so excited to try out a game in my life.

Edit: Site's back up, but shop is down for a while until he fixes the issues that've popped up.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-07-02 at 03:49 PM.

Oh yeah, as soon as their server is back I'll throw my money at them.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally it's out but the shop is down which I guess I should have expected.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Oh yeah, as soon as their server is back I'll throw my money at them.
    I might buy two copies, one for me and one for my friend/brother... Not sure it's either him or my brother and brotherly love isn't something I ever get sooo.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    http://cubeworldforum.org/topic/4069...alpha-out-now/

Paid Alpha released just over an hour ago. Website is now undergoing maintenance due to overloading within 15 minutes of the paid alpha being released, because of such high traffic. And that happened with no official announcement other than the forum I linked above. Don't think anyone would have expected such an insane response to it.

Not to mention I'd literally never even heard of this game before yesterday, and now I don't think I've ever been so excited to try out a game in my life.

Edit: Site's back up, but shop is down for a while until he fixes the issues that've popped up.
    the look, the feel, and the flow of the game are all very enticing, it isn't a game i was familiar with until yesterday and i'm pretty excited to try it out.

Deleted
    I'm not interested untill I see the goal of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm not interested untill I see the goal of the game.
    There doesn't appear to be a goal. It's like minecraft. There are infinite levels so you never stop leveling and the world is infinite so you never stop exploring.

"The alpha will be available for a lower price than the beta version and the final version. We're planning to release updates regularly. Updates are free."

The above statement worries me. Does that mean if you purchase the alpha you need to purchase the beta and final versions as well or do you get those included? It could be read both ways. It looks awesome but I don't want to drop $20 for an alpha then have to pay another 30-50 for future releases.

this game guys O_O man this game... its like they took the good parts of minecraft, the cuteness of legos, the coolness of zelda and mixed it with a bunch of awesome shit and made an awesome shit sammich @_@

i mus has this, i mus has this nao

The graphics are astonishingly smooth and pleasing to the eye, considering they're going with the cube-look so popularized by Minecraft. The fact that it isn't all same-size cubes, but rather cubes of all different sizes and shapes gives it a very cartoony look, as opposed to simply a pixelated look. Shame it won't be out for a long time, even with all of these closed-alpha videos going up on Youtube. I've got a feeling that its development is going to be in this alpha phase for a looooong time... though hopefully the shop goes up soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a goal. It's like minecraft. There are infinite levels so you never stop leveling and the world is infinite so you never stop exploring.

"The alpha will be available for a lower price than the beta version and the final version. We're planning to release updates regularly. Updates are free."

The above statement worries me. Does that mean if you purchase the alpha you need to purchase the beta and final versions as well or do you get those included? It could be read both ways. It looks awesome but I don't want to drop $20 for an alpha then have to pay another 30-50 for future releases.
    If you buy it at Alpha stage you have it forever. It's exactly like Minecraft's slow rolled release in that regard.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-07-02 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post

If you purchase the alpha you receive the whole game.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    If you purchase the alpha you receive the whole game.
    fucking sold! this game looks fucking amazing @_@ (sorry for all the cursin guys real excited)

Deleted
    I'll be picking up a few copies when the store comes back up

And there does seem to be some confusion about people thinking they're paying for "alpha" access, especially on reddit and the main forums - you're paying for a full copy of the game when it releases, but you get alpha now, AND you're getting it at a discounted rate of what it will ultimately be because you're helping them during the alpha.

the game feels like if someone legofied wind waker, its beautiful @_@

Deleted
    Site still down

Don't have the money for the alpha but want to try the demo.

Hurry up store