Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SICK of fishing BoTs

I know this isnt the "right" place to complain to Trion ( trust me I have ) but I am to point where I dont want to even play RIFT anymore until they get the fishing BoTs gone......I can log on anytime and find 20+ bots in about 5 mins. I have reported and reported and reported every single BoT, but it doesnt seem to help. Makes me sooo mad too because this is such a great game

Might just cancel my sub and give it a couple of months to work itself out. BoTing bothers me in all games, but it seems in RIFT it really bothers me because it seems like ...its kinda accepted? Grrrr sorry I had to blow off some steam lol

Anyone else getting to this point?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I can't say I ever ran into a bot in rift. I am fairly new to the game like 5 months now and I fish, I can say i never ran into someone I immediately thought was a bot. But this seems like they are taking this issue seriously as they just did some massive sweep and account closures of people using bots. I don't like bots either - but if there was one i could care less about it would be the fishing bot. Now that you cannot just hand in stacks of fish to become Glorified with a rep, it really only effects the fish market (no pun). And I never really looked to fishing to make money.

Didn't Trion just do something about it?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gainst-botting

Pretty clearly not accepted, and pretty standard fare for an MMO to time account banning of botting accounts with a patch that blocks the methods that the botters were using.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    Didn't Trion just do something about it?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gainst-botting

Pretty clearly not accepted, and pretty standard fare for an MMO to time account banning of botting accounts with a patch that blocks the methods that the botters were using.
    At this point that was all talk because BoTs are still everywhere....I mean everywhere. Go to ShimmerSand....everywhere there
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I know this isnt the "right" place to complain to Trion ( trust me I have ) but I am to point where I dont want to even play RIFT anymore until they get the fishing BoTs gone......I can log on anytime and find 20+ bots in about 5 mins. I have reported and reported and reported every single BoT, but it doesnt seem to help. Makes me sooo mad too because this is such a great game

Might just cancel my sub and give it a couple of months to work itself out. BoTing bothers me in all games, but it seems in RIFT it really bothers me because it seems like ...its kinda accepted? Grrrr sorry I had to blow off some steam lol

Anyone else getting to this point?
    I am puzzled... even if there are still fishing bots around, what does this affect you to the point of wanting to cancel your sub? Sure, it may mess up a few prices on the AH until they get banned, but how does it affect your gameplay? They take a while to do an investigation. They can't just insta-ban everyone.

I would understand bots in a battleground, bots tagging mobs, but fishing? Why on earth would it bother you to the point of wanting to quit?

I sense deeper, more intense, underlying issues that you may need to work through.

EDIT: They did make it so that certain macro assist programs such don't work - you get disconnected when you use it. I had this happen to me, personally as I macro certain commands with a third party piece of software as I have bad wrists. After sending them proof of my medical problem, they let me continue using this.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-13 at 08:55 PM.

I always knew fishing would be the death of Rift.

Not a single game was ever made better by virtual fishing. Bass Hunter 2013 excluded, natch.

Why are you parsing it at BoT?

It's been rather effective in the SL zones. I expect SS is a lower priority, given most of the playerbase will be congregating in the new content.

Also, remember that one of the main attacks against fishing botters is starvation - now that you can only turn in rep fish once a day, there'll be significantly less market, and therefore less return on investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I always knew fishing would be the death of Rift.

Not a single game was ever made better by virtual fishing. Bass Hunter 2013 excluded, natch.
    Moderators are even trolling these days?

Thanks for your input it was very helpfull.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back on topic:

IMO BoTing is BoTing ,it is agaisnt the ToS, and should be handled...not just over looked by saying "Blah Blah Blah its just fishing.."

What if I enjoy fishing in RIFT? What if I like selling the fish I catch? What if I like making lures with the fish I catch? Sure hard sell anything on the AH when it is FLOODED with fish/lures. I am sure if it was any other profession it would be a much bigger deal.

O well....more games out there until they get this problem fixed.

Moderators are even trolling these days?

Thanks for your input it was very helpfull.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back on topic:

IMO BoTing is BoTing ,it is agaisnt the ToS, and should be handled...not just over looked by saying "Blah Blah Blah its just fishing.."

What if I enjoy fishing in RIFT? What if I like selling the fish I catch? What if I like making lures with the fish I catch? Sure hard sell anything on the AH when it is FLOODED with fish/lures. I am sure if it was any other profession it would be a much bigger deal.

I don't play rift

but didn't the mass ban a bunch of bots? least that's what my cousin is telling me.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I sense deeper, more intense, underlying issues that you may need to work through.
    ROFL !!!!!

Since I like fishing, selling fish, making lures and selling them in RIFT and I dont like being cheated....I have "underlying issues?

I had no idea how many people dont mind BoTs and being cheated....but I do...sorry. Has nothing to do with "underlying issues"

Clearly the OP is a man passionate about fishing.

I withdraw my earlier, facetious post. May the BoTs know his righteous fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Clearly the OP is a man passionate about fishing.

I withdraw my earlier, facetious post. May the BoTs know his righteous fury.
    Now you're really going to get it. Welcome to being a mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I am puzzled... even if there are still fishing bots around, what does this affect you to the point of wanting to cancel your sub? Sure, it may mess up a few prices on the AH until they get banned, but how does it affect your gameplay? They take a while to do an investigation. They can't just insta-ban everyone.
    The level 5 fishing bots aren't wasting their time selling fish on the AH. They're vendoring the fish (and also earning plat from the treasure caches) as these are plat farming bots. They're rampant because of the insane number of people that waste their money paying these farmers for plat. You can purchase 1000 Platinum for $12.74 from one site.

If people stopped buying plat, the existence of these bots wouldn't be as extreme.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

I never botted, though a friend did for a long while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trion has said they will continue to monitor the problem. They have warned people of bans. They are not ignoring it.

As I say to any customer I deem irrational after trying my best to please them:

"Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out."

EDIT: Um, why is he writing it "BoT" instead of BOT?
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-14 at 01:11 PM.

So what is the problem with people only using bots for fishing? Im missing something here. Cause server lag? Maybe, but i dont see many people flooding the market with under priced fish. Just think of what high level fish would cost, and think of how much more competition there be. And really, its just fish. What if people still botted BGs?

If you really have that much of a problem with fishing bots, farm something else and sell. Like herbs or ore or leather or enchanting mats. I can assure you, even if there were no bots, someone would blow out the market.

So why not give the fish for free then? Why not remove it and just give free bonuses?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Macks View Post
    I never botted, though a friend did for a long while.
    ^ posted by a bot , i kid. Why can't you hear a pterodactyl use the bathroom??? The P is silent.

On topic : Bots suck ban them all, but its awesome when you benefit from someone else doing it. Still, death to bots.

+1 for Trion. I just spent about 30mins running around to the most popular "BOTing spots" and I cant find a single BOT. This really makes me happy to see that Trion, slow but sure, is killing these fuckers.

Very happy to see Trion is really working to improve the game for everyone. Since theWocky is the grammar police, I even went out of my way to type " BOT"