1. #1

    frost dk dps help

    So i am currently 2h frost atm but i just got a 1h from amber shaper and i was thinking bout going dw once i get another 1h but right now i have heroic starshatter. Is dw that much better? This new dk app joined my guild and tonight wraided and he destroyed me in dps and hes dw. Should i go dw? And idk why my dps is so shit comparedbto his. My dk is named vurt on us burning blade if u wnt ok at my logs. Guild is the family business. I cant have thisvrandom dk just join and destroy me in dps. Idk what the fuck im doing wrong. Plz help

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:20 AM ----------

    Ignore all the typos this was posted off my phone with touchscreen

  2. #2
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    858
    He might just be better than you... It happens... Every now and then some random guy in gear 5ilvls lower than mine will be a little too close for comfort on damage meters in LFR :-P

    Would help if you had a log for the raid you mentioned. Is his gear better than yours? When you say he "destroyed" you what encounters were you doing?

    By all accounts DW and 2h are pretty close single target but DW will pull ahead in any encounter with a cleave element (which is lots this tier). Am in the same position as you ATM - waiting for another 1h to drop (have a normal kilrak ATM) and then will be going DW
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  3. #3
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    15
    I assume these are the logs worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ztx4ti6t45k55cty/analyze/dd/source/?s=9496&e=9902

    He is actually 2H on most of the single target fights, and DW on the cleave fights (which is ideal). He beats you on wind lord and garalon because of cleave in DW. On ambershaper I'm not sure, his burn phase was really solid with high DPS (100k more than yours).

    As for zor'lok he was 2H and beat you (by a lot, maybe bc of mind control, I didn't look at logs closely), He was 2H on blade lord, and you beat him.

    His gear isn't far off yours (I'm guessing he has Heroic starshatter 2H based on his unequipped level)
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Grimdel/advanced Him
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Vurt/advanced You

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Donken View Post
    I assume these are the logs worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ztx4ti6t45k55cty/analyze/dd/source/?s=9496&e=9902

    He is actually 2H on most of the single target fights, and DW on the cleave fights (which is ideal). He beats you on wind lord and garalon because of cleave in DW. On ambershaper I'm not sure, his burn phase was really solid with high DPS (100k more than yours).

    As for zor'lok he was 2H and beat you (by a lot, maybe bc of mind control, I didn't look at logs closely), He was 2H on blade lord, and you beat him.

    His gear isn't far off yours (I'm guessing he has Heroic starshatter 2H based on his unequipped level)
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Grimdel/advanced Him
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Vurt/advanced You
    yeah on zorlok i got mc'd and on ambershaper in the last phase my computer froze because it isnt that good and i had like 0 fps lol. Idk if im just playing frost wrong

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakdk View Post
    yeah on zorlok i got mc'd and on ambershaper in the last phase my computer froze because it isnt that good and i had like 0 fps lol. Idk if im just playing frost wrong
    Maybe it's the computer that's the issue. Skill, rotation, and gear are no match for bad fps or high latency.

  6. #6
    I like Dual wield but it seems to be quite bad on single target.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I like Dual wield but it seems to be quite bad on single target.
    should be on par

    Quote Originally Posted by Novakdk View Post
    yeah on zorlok i got mc'd and on ambershaper in the last phase my computer froze because it isnt that good and i had like 0 fps lol. Idk if im just playing frost wrong
    latency/fps will play a pretty big part when you consider DKs have the 1 sec GCD and very little waiting time nowadays, I wouldn't worry too much tbh man.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    should be on par



    latency/fps will play a pretty big part when you consider DKs have the 1 sec GCD and very little waiting time nowadays, I wouldn't worry too much tbh man.
    I think i might just be bad at Dual wield, but i was almost last on Feng HC before the AoE with the shield.
    Its mostly the burn single target bosses i have issues with. lol

  9. #9
    Tbh I think it's just skill man. There is always going to be someone better and someone worse. I just got into a new guild and they already had an Unholy DK. He has his 4pc and around 502ilvl, to which I have a 2pc and 494ilvl. I demolish him on almost every fight. He even thought the reason was cause he was Unholy and I was Frost so he went Frost this week and still got crushed. Nothing but a difference in skill level even with a gear level gap and me only having 2 piece Tier. This is in no way, shape or form trying to bring you down. Im just trying to give you an explaination. Im pretty sure the guy in my guild is just as mad as you that another DK came in and is crushing him....especially since he's an officer. Btw I am 2H and am still pulling higher numbers than Gimdel and you (not an insult or trying to be cocky). I don't think you switching to DW is going to make THAT MUCH of a change, but on cleeve fights yes it should beat 2H.
    Last edited by Sflame; 2013-01-12 at 09:35 PM.

  10. #10
    First read up on Mr Robot. DW and 2H DKs dont need the same gear. DW need alot of Strenght, 2H needs alot of Haste. Do you have the right stats?
    One top addon you need is CLC DK. Its a realy good tool to get your rotation right. It will check your build so it works both for Blood and frost.

    DW will have a little more DPS, but its a realy small amount. I like DW to but to get both Sha sword and the shimitar to drop is a pain. I did get the axe on my first run..so i go 2H now.

  11. #11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •