Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    I have to admit, buffing shadow priest's damage could be very risky considering pvp. I play a lot of arenas currently, 2-2.2k rating, and if they buff my damage it will make me way to strong, considering the utility I can provide my team aswell. But on the other hand, I've seen some "ok" solutions. Nerfing our dot damage a bit, and buffing the mind flay to do " a lot " more damage. By personal experience, do I have to admit that mind flay is kind of my last spell to use in pvp. I rather get dot's out, dispel enemy team an/or shield/heal my own team, so it could be a descent solution. But I am also afraid it would make our single target damage to high, and make mind spike complelty useless, considerin mind flay prob would do more damage.

As shadow stands in pvp right now, their multi dot damage is high and provide heavy single target damage on demand because of proccs. So I just assume that's blizzard dilemma currently.

Anyone agree?

Edit: GC is as always answering diplomatic, and he rarely say anything wrong, because most of the time he dosn't even answer the question. But to be fair, he has to answer so many question each day, I would assume it is hard to take time and consider all of them properly before he answers. Wow got to many players to answer them all, but I would love some better answers myself.

-Tobbx
    Yep, that's what I've gathered as well (although I don't play arena right now).

We discussed this in various other threads already on the priest forums.

Unfortunately if you touch Mind Flay damage, it will imbalance T3, T5, and even T6 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Yep, that's what I've gathered as well (although I don't play arena right now).

We discussed this in various other threads already on the priest forums.

Unfortunately if you touch Mind Flay damage, it will imbalance T3, T5, and even T6 talents.
    I do not disagree with you, just pointed out some suggestions that have been made. Overall shadow is kinda complex if because of pve and pvp, however. The easiest solution for us would be, nerf all the classes that are above us Problem solved (A)

We just have to wait and see if they do any major/minor changes considering our damage

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What holy problems?

If holy is played properly, it's as powerful as any other healing class.., the issue is that people just spam their buttons instead of playing with some foresight!

He's busy /doublefacepalming over the holy complainers!
    I don't want to offend you or anything, but your post is rubbish. There are quite a bit of problems with holy even if you ignore how powerful disc is atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I don't want to offend you or anything, but your post is rubbish. There are quite a bit of problems with holy even if you ignore how powerful disc is atm.
    Not according to GC! /snarky

Deleted
    Since you only want answers that compliment your ideas and beliefs:
    GhostCrawler is a mean, evil person who hates you and the class you play, in this case a Shadow Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Since you only want answers that compliment your ideas and beliefs:
    GhostCrawler is a mean, evil person who hates you and the class you play, in this case a Shadow Priest.
    I suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    I notice in every single set of patch notes or blue posts, there are never questions about Shadow Priests that he answers. It's always about healing. Every other class and spec he answers questions about. Does he just not like Shadow Priests? Or does he just feel we aren't in need of SOME type of dps boost? We aren't the only spec that is good in pve/pvp, so why do they feel buffing us is going to alter pvp that much?

Clearly you do not know the long standing hatred basically the entire shadow priest community has for GC because of us ignorance and flat lying to the SP community from days gone by. It if very apparent and has been for a long long long time that the last thing blizzard does in terms of class balance at any given time is to "fix shadow". The best example I can give you of this is the nerf shadow priests received in Kharazhan(Burning Crusade) which was completely unwarranted(shoulda nerfed the gear not the class) was not fixed until midway through ICC(Wrath of the Lich King). Even then shadow got worse and worse as you went through Wrath because of the lack of scaling with gear the class still suffers from today but multi-target encounters and aoe fights gave shadow places to shine. Now the playstyle of wrath stayed the same in the general sense through cataclysm Until the pre-patch for Mists came out. At which time the playstyle shadow priests had enjoyed and loved through an expansion and a half was stripped from us for the current clunky proc based style we have now.

Ghostcrawler informed the shadow community that Blizzard had never liked the shadow rotation and wanted it removed from the game because it was terrible. So they gave us what we have now, and did a complete carbon copy of the shadow playstyle , and gave it to affliction for mists.

------

To be the issues with shadow just seem to be that NO ONE at blizzard plays shadow , no one at blizzard tests shadow , and they have no clue wtf they are doing at any given time with shadow. It is insanely obvious to anyone who has played the class for any length of time.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    no one at blizzard tests shadow , and they have no clue wtf they are doing at any given time with shadow. It is insanely obvious to anyone who has played the class for any length of time.
    I find your statements both amusing, insulting and disrespectful, all at once.

Also, seek help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jonish is being a bit, shall we say, over the top today.

On the point of Blizzard being historically bad with Shadow: this is true. I can't speak to Cata but in Wrath and MoP they've been overly reluctant to buff us up to par many many times (including currently). We've never scaled well with gear either.

They are doing a good job (overall) with talents and glyphs currently, such that I'm using a stack of Tomes on most raiding nights.

Deleted
    I'd say those were just different times, being mana batteries and 0,5 healer due to Vampiric Embrace. Couldn't believe it when they said they'd bring back the old VE last BlizzCon :P

Anyway, curious how GC is going to change Insanity into a burst CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I should of chosen a more appropriate title for this thread. I'm aware GC isn't the only person who answers tweets about SPriests currently, he just seems to answer more than others.

I'm also aware that Shadow isn't the only spec that needs working on for Priests in general. I was just voicing my overall displeasure with Blizzard and how they're handling us right now is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, it all boils down to people constantly arguing about their classes and specs. And there is not a single exception. All are included.

Something to think about is this..... When I talk to people in the game - after all it's a mmo and one gets to talk to many people - this is, what I have noticed: Sure, everyone has something to say about their toons. Something they'd like to have changed and what not. On the contrary though, and that includes many of these people too, I have found that most people within my social interaction circle have one big criticism above everything else. And that is those very changes all the time.

You play a toon, and said toon had a range of abilities and utilities available. You work on it, you adjust your game play accordingly. You basically make the best out of what you got, and you get used to it. You become savvy, and a routine starts to kick in for you. And once all of that is achieved, things getting changed. Class modifications. Spec alterations, Spell changes etc., and all you've done to that point goes out of the window for the most part. You have to start all over again with your personal adjustments. And that approaches a point of annoyance.

It is my very, yet humble opinion, that people just need to stop arguing, or complaining their classes and specs. At the same token, Blizzard needs to slow down on that constant tweaking, which is often enough more than just a slight tweak. Both sides seem to have become rather obsessed with that whole gamble. And I believe it gets (or already is) to the point where plenty of people are losing the fun for their game. Most people, I believe, are "happy" to play their toons with what they have. Even if the toon sucks for now (which is not true for Priests actually, they don't really suck in any spec), but they rather play a sucky spec for a while, instead of having to put insane amounts of time into constant re-learning, re-adjusting. That's time taken away from actually playing the game.
    That's just an opinion based on observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    I find your statements both amusing, insulting and disrespectful, all at once.

Also, seek help.
    I aim to please. If you don't go drastically over the top with things needing to be fixed it gets ignored anymore so , there ya go.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Generally speaking, it all boils down to people constantly arguing about their classes and specs. And there is not a single exception. All are included.

Something to think about is this..... When I talk to people in the game - after all it's a mmo and one gets to talk to many people - this is, what I have noticed: Sure, everyone has something to say about their toons. Something they'd like to have changed and what not. On the contrary though, and that includes many of these people too, I have found that most people within my social interaction circle have one big criticism above everything else. And that is those very changes all the time.

You play a toon, and said toon had a range of abilities and utilities available. You work on it, you adjust your game play accordingly. You basically make the best out of what you got, and you get used to it. You become savvy, and a routine starts to kick in for you. And once all of that is achieved, things getting changed. Class modifications. Spec alterations, Spell changes etc., and all you've done to that point goes out of the window for the most part. You have to start all over again with your personal adjustments. And that approaches a point of annoyance.

It is my very, yet humble opinion, that people just need to stop arguing, or complaining their classes and specs. At the same token, Blizzard needs to slow down on that constant tweaking, which is often enough more than just a slight tweak. Both sides seem to have become rather obsessed with that whole gamble. And I believe it gets (or already is) to the point where plenty of people are losing the fun for their game. Most people, I believe, are "happy" to play their toons with what they have. Even if the toon sucks for now (which is not true for Priests actually, they don't really suck in any spec), but they rather play a sucky spec for a while, instead of having to put insane amounts of time into constant re-learning, re-adjusting. That's time taken away from actually playing the game.
    That's just an opinion based on observation.
    Your argument doesn't work when your playing at the leading edge of the progression content , in a progression guild. Things need to be balanced to within a player skill margin of error ideally, and they just aren't. So discussions must be had so Blizzard is made aware that this a community concern so things get changed/fixed/balanced.
    Last edited by jonish; 2013-01-15 at 10:48 PM.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple