[Resto] some questions about resto

My GM just suprised me with the fact that I will be healing heroic sha tomorrow. I play main spec moonkin and haven't seriously healed progression content since WotLK when it was a "lolrejuv party".

over the last couple of months I've collected a hodgepodge of gear for both resto and feral but I can't decide what I should be using. i was hoping some clever resto druid could give me some advice.

first, i have fully upgraded heroic moonkin pants (haste/mastery) which seem pretty good if I reforge the haste into spirit. however, i can get 4p by taking a signficant ilvl hit and equipping LFR resto pants. now, there aren't many opportunities to use abuse efflorescence on heroic sha, so my first intuition is to go with the iLVL, but I wasn't sure.

Next, my cloak, I have 489 Sagewhisper's Wrap (spirit/haste) which I can swap out for 509 Stormwake Mistcloak (hit/crit). This seems like a no brainer since hit is useless however the item level disparity is so huge it gives me a pause.

Now, as far as gems go, I'm aiming for about 9.5k spirit and stacking as many green spirit/mastery gems as I can get away with. This is what I see most top end druids doing, even though they've got about six item levels on me. Does this sound right to you guys, or should I be doing something else?

For trinkets I have the heroic tsulong trinket and I can get the Cutstitcher Medallion tomorrow before raid. Cutstitcher is int with on-use spirit and 496 ilvl. is this good enough or should I really just cave and buy myself a DMC (they are really, REALLY expensive on this server and this is the only fight I'll ever heal this tier). If I don't get DMC trinket, will these 2 trinkets be good enough in the regen department, or do I need more than 9.5k spirit? Alternatively I have 471 Price of Progress and Empty Fruit Barrel. I can't imagine those being the better options, but I have them.

On the subject of cooldowns. Is NV good enough on its own to be considered a "raid cooldown" meaning could i stagger it with Incarnation and Tranq to heal through 3 big bursts of damage, or, is it like moonkin where it only works well when paired with other 3 minutes.

Finally, whats the best way to track lifebloom? does anyone have a good weak aura for it they wouldn't mind sharing? i'm not too keen on learning a new raid frame as I've used default blizz raid frames for just about 3 years now and have found that it shows all relevant buffs and debuffs i need. But, I'm pretty bad at lifebloom uptime and could use an obnoxious in-your-face alert for it.

I know thats a lot of questions, but I really appreciate the help <3
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-01-15 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Dunno bout rest of it as I havent done heroic Sha, but as for lifebloom an "easy" mod to track it with is TellMeWhen, can set it up to show on your target, focus, whatever with most conditionals you might want, either as a timer bar or an icon. Thats assuming you dont want a new raidframe addon such as VuhDo, which makes LB tracking very easy too

I personally tend to pair NV with incarnation as I dont find it strong enough for most burst healing situations on its own (seeing as our burst healing is as amazing as it is anyway) but guesd its a judgement call on how it works out for you, again, I havent done heroic Sha, but it seems to work fine most heroics in HoR and MsV.

And whatever you end up gearing the 2 set bonus for resto is defo worth getting, even if it means the loss of some ilevel. I like the 4 set a lot personally, its a nice boom heal as a 9sec cd, even if not on a grp, often you can position yourself next to the person you SM anyway, giving the benefit to at least two ppl.
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-01-15 at 02:42 PM.

I haven't done Heroic Sha either, but I think I can give you a few pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    first, i have fully upgraded heroic moonkin pants (haste/mastery) which seem pretty good if I reforge the haste into spirit. however, i can get 4p by taking a signficant ilvl hit and equipping LFR resto pants. now, there aren't many opportunities to use abuse efflorescence on heroic sha, so my first intuition is to go with the iLVL, but I wasn't sure.
    4p is very strong if paired with the talent Soul of the Forest. How strong exactly is encounter dependent, so I can't tell if it's worth taking. But you should definitely take either both 4p + SotF or none of them.

Next, my cloak, I have 489 Sagewhisper's Wrap (spirit/haste) which I can swap out for 509 Stormwake Mistcloak (hit/crit). This seems like a no brainer since hit is useless however the item level disparity is so huge it gives me a pause.
    Use the 489. Not only is hit useless, but crit is the worst secondary stat too.

Now, as far as gems go, I'm aiming for about 9.5k spirit and stacking as many green spirit/mastery gems as I can get away with. This is what I see most top end druids doing, even though they've got about six item levels on me. Does this sound right to you guys, or should I be doing something else?
    You forgot to mention if you are doing 10 or 25. For 25 this sounds about right (you do have 3043 haste, right?), in 10 you can get away with less spirit on most bosses.

For trinkets I have the heroic tsulong trinket and I can get the Cutstitcher Medallion tomorrow before raid. Cutstitcher is int with on-use spirit and 496 ilvl. is this good enough or should I really just cave and buy myself a DMC (they are really, REALLY expensive on this server and this is the only fight I'll ever heal this tier). If I don't get DMC trinket, will these 2 trinkets be good enough in the regen department, or do I need more than 9.5k spirit? Alternatively I have 471 Price of Progress and Empty Fruit Barrel. I can't imagine those being the better options, but I have them.
    496 VP trinket should be ok. DMC is better but not so much that you need to spend a fortune on it.

On the subject of cooldowns. Is NV good enough on its own to be considered a "raid cooldown" meaning could i stagger it with Incarnation and Tranq to heal through 3 big bursts of damage, or, is it like moonkin where it only works well when paired with other 3 minutes.
    Not very strong on its own, usually pair it with at least one other cooldown.

Finally, whats the best way to track lifebloom? does anyone have a good weak aura for it they wouldn't mind sharing? i'm not too keen on learning a new raid frame as I've used default blizz raid frames for just about 3 years now and have found that it shows all relevant buffs and debuffs i need. But, I'm pretty bad at lifebloom uptime and could use an obnoxious in-your-face alert for it.
    Lifebloom ist not your biggest problem, Rejuv is. You definitely need to track those, and a mod like TellMeWhen is not enough for that. My advice would be to set up Vuhdo, use that to show your hots as well as their CDs and debuffs, and also use it to heal (mouse-over macros or click-casting).

Deleted
    For sha hc, go for around 9k-10k (sha is pretty hard on mana) spirit then stack mastery / int ofc. Sha p1 is pretty reliant on tank / individual burst healing due to damage being avoidable, so in my opinion I would not advise taking Soul of the forest over incarnation, so stick with that. In terms of natures vigils strength, no it wont keep the raid alive like a tranq would but you can still stagger the 3 cds because of the reduced amount of throughput required to heal people up (mana saving cd).

Some weakaura strings you may or may not find useful

Lifebloom remaining time:

Code:
    d0ZkdaGEiq7IQW2ub2hLKMjvrZLQYSL03Gi3KsQdl0THQXrj2Pe2lz3OSFvPYpPQ6VQQFl15PknukjgSQumCu1bvLKtJ4yqQZrL0cvrTuvqTybwospuvIEkyzQipxPjcbnvk1KPIPR41uPCvvPQNbbCDvAJQqBLkXMHY2vLsNuI(oeY0e08uLuJKkvFgvgnKy8QGCjvjCliQRbjDpiuxw0JPyyQIfAzlGiOKnjflAsFLMMT(klC5BnznF3tAW)ywdQ9UnUGvaApc9ajpSiaxGJahzlWRFmSnhDezKSG(Xv0pNEoDWPdEcDvyihgkyOeoUKkBb7enU9jmSwWorJBcOjUaufWr7lVP2SubcAeX8ZQE1zbSiE(jmSwq8sJcUmYiGJ2xEb3nFzFzJolGJ2x(VPVSrGaZDNg)JcXjfme80rahTV8FtFzJF(KgNMkWQcm9LncqabM(Yg)8jnonvaIrSaAI7NpPXPPcETawepxzRc0c8KGLb1UX1OrapT5O5UwHMgYsAMkEeG1SrWRmgItYMy9DVXk0CjojZ4vakjHdLrfO(iO2rhzl4U53uJ7QZcODnLTa8BDiYwJgb3n)lFA0zbMACxzlyjmUAkaHh(9LiuJG7MFtJhehDwWYNgzlyjmUAQIqnAeG1SbiiyQItHcCilFn6fMOXTvWl4fqtosZS9YNciMMj4q(XW2C0rKp4XIRNcrfj0wcrYILqlcd5WqbX70kqaXrGNeSmO2nUaerCguubQpcyxCBkHJlPRkqli64qgsZI1)qjCCjDLTgboKLVg9wAAMGs2KuSOj9vAA26RSWLV1K18DpPb)JznO2724AeeLTapjyzqTBCbLSjPyrt6R00S1xzHlFRjR57Esd(hZAqT3TX1i4TQaD4ZJgja
    Harmony (Mastery) Remaining time:

Code:
    d0ZkdaGEiq7IQW2ub2hLKMjvrZLQYSL03Gi3KsQdl0THQXrj2Pe2lz3OSFvPYpPQ6VQQFl15PknukjgSQumCu1bvLKtJ4yqQZrL0cvrTuvqTybwospuvIEkyzQipxPjcbnvk1KPIPR41uPCvvPQNbbCDvAJQqBLkXMHY2vLsNuI(oeY0e08uLuJKkvFgvgnKy8QGCjvjCliQRbjDpiuxw0JPyyQIfAzlGiOKnjflAsFLMMT(klC5BnznF3tAW)ywdQ9UnUGvaApc9ajpSiaxGJahzlWRFmSnhDezKSG(Xv0pNEoDWPdEcDvyihgkyOeoUKkBb7enU9jmSwWorJBcOjUaufWr7lVP2SubcAeX8ZQE1zbSiE(jmSwq8sJcUmYiGJ2xEb3nFzFzJolGJ2x(VPVSrGaZDNg)JcXjfme80rahTV8FtFzJF(KgNMkWQcm9LncqabM(Yg)8jnonvaIrSaAI7NpPXPPcETawepxzRc0c8KGLb1UX1OrapT5O5UwHMgYsAMkEeG1SrWRmgItYMy9DVXk0CjojZ4vakjHdLrfO(iO2rhzl4U53uJ7QZcODnLTa8BDiYwJgb3n)lFA0zbMACxzlyjmUAkaHh(9LiuJG7MFtJhehDwWYNgzlyjmUAQIqnAeG1SbiiyQItHcCilFn6fMOXTvWl4fqtosZS9YNciMMj4q(XW2C0rKp4XIRNcrfj0wcrYILqlcd5WqbX70kqaXrGNeSmO2nUaerCguubQpcyxCBkHJlPRkqli64qgsZI1)qjCCjDLTgboKLVg9wAAMGs2KuSOj9vAA26RSWLV1K18DpPb)JznO2724AeeLTapjyzqTBCbLSjPyrt6R00S1xzHlFRjR57Esd(hZAqT3TX1i4TQaD4ZJgja
    hope it helps

On *normal* 10 man Sha mana is really not an issue, you can get a lot of it back when u go into a platform. If you notice the same on heroic I'd say go for lower spir levels and get more mastery... I usually save my ToL for platform and keep ppl hotted all the time, NV seems a bit bad unless u need some sort of burst counter but I guess it could be used right after ToL is done so help with the heals on the platform.

thanks for all the advice guys its all very helpful <3