How is the PS Vita?

I have been looking into buying a PS Vita recently as they are pretty cheap at the moment, I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on it, is it good for gaming on the go and at home?

Seems like a good piece of kit, although there seems to be a severe lack of games (that I would play at least)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Seems like a good piece of kit, although there seems to be a severe lack of games (that I would play at least)
    Pretty much this.

Horrible lack of games. The hardware is still new but quickly aging.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad catalogue. The games it does get are bad ports from the PS3. I prefer my 3DS but thats a preference. Research the games and if they appeal to you go for it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I'm thinking of getting the PS Vita because some of the games look appealing, is there any other devices announced to come out later this year I should wait for?

3DS is absolutely fabulous, also the XL version has 2 massive screens. I would get the 3DS over Vita because I like the games Nintendo releases(Legend of Zelda , Pokemon, Mario).

However, if you are fine with (mostly) ported games from PS3(very old system), then go for it.

It's fantastic hardware with no games. It needs a Monster Hunter. Most of the titles are shitty ports or uninspired spinoffs atm. The system itself is great, you just can't do much with it right now.