Notebook-Tablet comb on $1300 budget - School, fun and general app use

Hey guys,

So drooling over the CES stuff, it got me thinking that I want a nice tablet for high school / college soon.

The budget is $1300, willing to spend a little more for the really good stuff though.

I don't mind big ones, though I'd prefer something below 18 inches.

It's primarily for schoolwork, but would prefer horsepower to play games, deliver nice video and so on.

Since it's a laptop-tablet thingy (or just a tablet with keyboard support), I'd prefer Windows 8 to run regular programs as such.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2013-01-13 at 10:12 PM.

Deleted
    check those Asus Transformers, they are one of the top notch tablets in the market.
    Look for one with windows OS

Deleted
    Im not trolling or anything but, from my exp tablet is usually the device on which you do the least work for school /job.

you should check out the razer edge pro its exactly in your budget and not only that it has insane horsepower

and like newersumm said i brought my tablet to school and i ended up not doing much work.
    i bought a decent 13 inch laptop and i usually did all my schoolwork on that.
    Last edited by gamer6321; 2013-01-13 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from the Edge Pro, Razer still has horrible quality assurance, I wouldn't touch anything new from Razer unless it got a bunch of good reviews and feedback
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by gamer6321 View Post
    you should check out the razer edge pro its exactly in your budget and not only that it has insane horsepower

and like newersumm said i brought my tablet to school and i ended up not doing much work.
    i bought a decent 13 inch laptop and i usually did all my schoolwork on that.
    Wouldn't a combo device fix that then? Mobility is pretty important to me, but I can see your point in that you'll prolly end up doing more work on a laptop.

Guess I'll be going for a combo in that case, but as Inux94 said Razer is pretty merh with their quality assurance etc.

Do keep throwing em at me!

Deleted
    I'd go for the ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T.
    Should easily fit your budget.
    That, or the more pricier Nexus 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, another one on ASUS.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I'd go for the ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700T.
    Should easily fit your budget.
    That, or the more pricier Nexus 10.
    Just stumbled across it too, I just reckon that for a combi (if you get the keyboard which I intend to do), 10 inches is pretty small, and it seems in Denmark the TF700T does not have 3G at all.

Deleted
    You got the surface tablets from microsoft. The Pro version might fit in that budget, which has a normal laptop i5 and normal windows 8

Microsoft Surface Pro. It is not released yet but they early preivews have been praising it. Its coming out in like 3 weeks

Do some reading on it. It looks amazing

Updated OP a little, will give the Surface a look'

EDIT: Surface Pro looks sexy, meets all requirements and more. Do still throw suggestions if you know of something better! Something bigger, perhaps? Would really like something 13 inches or more.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2013-01-13 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Just stumbled across it too, I just reckon that for a combi (if you get the keyboard which I intend to do), 10 inches is pretty small, and it seems in Denmark the TF700T does not have 3G at all.
    It'll be updated at around ~Feb, just like how the Nexus 7 just got 3G in Denmark

Armory