10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

[Movies] Dark Zero Thirty

Been trying to go see all the oscar nominees before the actual event. So today I watched 30 Dark Zero and I must say I was quite impressed. The first part of the movie was slow as hell until I realized the reasoning behind it and actually just sat back and took it all in.

I have only one problem with the movie though. The character Maya was pretty intense and very dedicated to her life quest but she came off as almost psychotic. If you saw the movie then you know the part where she meets the seal team and tells them what she thinks of them. The weird part is she knows all the intel on UMB's location ..so why would she say the things she says?

Just wondering if i'm the only one who thought she was cuckoo cuckoo.

i thought she was pretty cute

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    she had a killer smile for sure.

Not sure if serious (especially since you appear to have been banned), but what the hell.

First off, it's "Zero Dark Thirty".

I didn't think she came across as crazy, just overly focused to the point of obsession. I really enjoyed the flick, but The Hurt Locker was better, IMO.

[Movies] Zero Dark Thirty and your Thoughts on the Movie.

What did you guys think of the movie? Personally I enjoyed it; I don't think its going to win any Oscar's but all in all I thought it was well done. The one thing that kind had me thinking about the movie was in some reviews published about a week ago people were saying that the movie was "over glorifying torture and its use in finding Osama Bin Laden".

There were really only 2-3 scene's in the movie where they showed prisoners actually being tortured and the use of torture to obtain information on the topic at hand. Now there was a couple of scene's that showed some of the people involved saying something along the lines of "How are we supposed to obtain info if we don't have anyone to talk to?" now some people may perceive "talk to" as in torture, but I really didn't get the idea or notion that they over glorified the use of torture in any way shape or form.

All in all I liked it, but what about you guys? Did you think they over did the use of torture in finding Osama?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should probably go in the movie forums.

OT: never even heard of it.
    Last edited by Sorensen; 2013-01-18 at 07:30 PM.

Not out for another week here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Torrented it, too little action for my taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts are I'm not really interested in seeing it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to watch it since it encourages torture, and it didn't help in real life.

Torture is anti-American and immoral.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I thought the movie was great, thelocation for the scene the "top secret" helo's made me chuckle. I'd have liked to see more about the SEAL mission lead up, but, I guess that's what No Easy Day was for, this was about the CIA.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I'm not going to watch it since it encourages torture, and it didn't help in real life.

Immoral maybe but not anti american we wrote the manual.

Haven't seen it yet, but she also made "The Hurt Locker" which was a very, very good movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post

Its encourages torture like Schindler's List encourages concentration camps. Does the movie promote terrorism as well?

Its a movie, it depicts lifelike scenarios, its not "encouraging" anything. And like someone said, torture is kind of American. The CIA isn't exactly a clean group.

I've seen the movie, there was nothing wrong with it. I thought the actually "raid" part was interesting and wish that it was longer. The SEALS were pretty badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a good film, but not great. It was up against a similar, superior movie this year, which was Argo. But it is definitely a good movie. The screenplay was brilliant, but the direction less so. Bigelow and Boal’s last collaboration, the incomparable The Hurt Locker, was on a much higher level, and is, in my opinion, one of the greatest war films ever made. Zero Dark Thirty sadly falls short. I don’t dislike it, I actually quite enjoyed it, and Chastain’s performance was a marvel, but I had a lot of problems with it. And the torture was not one of them. I don’t have any problems with it “supposedly” promoting torture. I don’t see it that way. I see it as a story element, and even though it is based on facts, it happened. It shouldn’t be covered. I don’t think the filmmakers are trying to promote torture (who even thinks that -.-), they are telling their authentic story as it is.

One of the major problems I had with it was the pacing, a movie element I don’t often have a problem with. It was just overlong, and didn’t have enough character development. I felt like it was lined up as a montage of episodes (which is probably was) from the hunting process -- which made me feel like I was consciously watching a movie. Not a great feat on the director’s part. Even though I loved the third act (who doesn’t?!), I was left a little disappointed with the movie as a whole. But I can’t look away from the fact that it is a large-scale cinematic achievement, and undeniably well crafted. A good movie.

I ended up giving it a 3/4 after I saw it, a rating I am sticking with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged to existing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Merged to existing thread.
    Should have showed more scenes of Arabs getting the shit tortured out of em.

Torture works. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Thought it was great.