Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i don't like piercings at all (well, actually i don't like jewelry at all), for tattoes everything excluding obvious regions that will deny 90% of jobs are fine as long as the concept isn't ridiculous

no.

my friends dad looks like a biker. Bald, very muscular and with tattoos up his arms and yet he is a very nice guy who also works with handicapped kids.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    No, I don't judge people based on tattoos.

However, I do find it a little funny how everyone and their brother/sister have one, and they get them in the first place for uniqueness.

Truth is, here in America you are probably more unique to not have a tattoo in my generation (early 90's babies and up).
    If you get a tattoo because you want to be unique, you're just a dumbass. People who appreciate tattoos get them because they want to express something. I want an armored unicorn tattoo with the initials TJW on a scroll underneath it on my shoulder. Does that make me gay because I'm a guy? No, Its a memorial for my father who happened to think unicorns were a pretty cool mythical creature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    My whole family has tattoos ..one of the reasons I made this thread. I grew up during the 80's and 90's and never found the appeal of a tattoo. They all got one or 2 or 6 but I just can't bring myself to put something pemanent on my body. Maybe because i'm an artist and don't trust people enough or just hate the fact its permanent and i will get bored with it.

I wish i could make a clone of me and do a tat on me by me.
    The fact that you're an artist and hate tattoos is the most ironic kind of funny. Just design your own tattoo and go to a tattoo artist that you trust. You said your entire family has them probably means it wouldn't be difficult to find one. If you really want a tattoo.

I like them, except on a face. I like women with them too (in some form of moderation), many guys seem to hate that though.

I dont like the generalisation that someone with a tattoo is an unsuccessful person, ive seen many successful people with tattoos and they never had a 'down' period in their lives.

Deleted
    No. I don't have any tattoos myself, I'm fairly apathetic towards them.

If I see a macho tattoo, I instantly think that the guy has little education, has a low-paying job, has bad taste, at best average intelligence, has little interest in culture beyond generic TV, getting laid and drinking, has been looking for fights when going out, or a combination of these.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So your saying that my classical Latin tattoos, one on each forearm makes me unemployed?
    Slatz?

Anyway, here's my latest tattoo - eventually it will cover my whole back:

http://s3.beta.photobucket.com/user/...d7a7b.jpg.html

And yes, I'm totally taking this opportunity to show off.

Anyway, yeah, I do judge people by their tattoos. Same as I'd just anyone by their preferred style of art or music or culture. And yeah, if someone has tattoos in places like high up on the neck, face or below the sleeve line of a long shirt I tend to assign some preconceptions.

The important thing though is to not let those preconceptions taint our meeting or keep me from being polite, friendly and open.

To me there's really no difference between someone coming up to me with a face covered in tats than someone coming up with nasty methed out teeth. It'll bug me and possibly even disgust me, but I'll give them their basic worth as a human being just as I'd want them to do for me.

I have two tattoos, my zodiac sign on my wrist and a very nerdy tattoo on my upper back. I'm all for tattoos when they're meaningful to the individual, but I do judge. I've seen a lot of people with facial and neck tattoos and I think they look trashy, sorry to anyone that has them, but that's just what I think. Also not a fan of people getting their boyfriend/girlfriend's name inked on them either. I won't say anything to people with these types of tattoos, it's their body, and I have friends with some of these tattoos, so it doesn't affect my relationship with them, but I can't help what I think. I'm sure a lot of people look at my tattoos and think negatively and judge but as long as they keep their opinion to themselves, as I do unless asked, then I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Slatz?

Anyway, yeah, I do judge people by their tattoos. Same as I'd just anyone by their preferred style of art or music or culture. And yeah, if someone has tattoos in places like high up on the neck, face or below the sleeve line of a long shirt I tend to assign some preconceptions.

The important thing though is to not let those preconceptions taint our meeting or keep me from being polite, friendly and open.

To me there's really no difference between someone coming up to me with a face covered in tats than someone coming up with nasty methed out teeth. It'll bug me and possibly even disgust me, but I'll give them their basic worth as a human being just as I'd want them to do for me.
    obviously you care about your art. Good job. I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Slatz?

Slatz?

Could only find one pic of my tat.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    It depends on the tattoo, but generally yes.
    I mean I don't judge if it is just some small ink here and there... But some people just go way overboard where you can barely see their skincolor... And also, tattoos in the face? Just no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do, if I see someone with tear drops I do my best to avoid them.

Deleted
    Tyler durden would be so proud of you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely, not a big fan of tattoos so really I judge everyone who has a tattoo no matter where it is. Not to that big of an extent though unless their tattoos are in some silly place like their neck or knuckles.

10+ Year Old Account
    No tattoos yet, but I am thinking about getting one (been thinking on it for a few years because I don't want to regret what I finally choose). I have a nose piercing, and I've had an office job for three years. The other day, the two women who interviewed me, hired me, and worked right next to me (for two years straight) asked me when I got my nose pierced. I told them about 11 months before I started working there.

I'm not an unsuccessful person. As of right now, I'm a freelance translator (yes, I have been hired for translations already), I'm about to graduate with my Bachelor's degree and go on to my Master's. I will be working in professional environments, thus I won't get a tattoo that would be visible while wearing professional attire (long sleeve dress shirt, dress pants, etc.) But I definitely don't judge others who just have regular tattoos. I might cock my head at those who have their face tattoos, but I've met some really awesome, successful, sweet people with tattoos of all kinds. In 2013, it's kind of normal now.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. There's no way to avoid judging someone for doing something deliberate; they made a choice to get a tattoo, they know damn well that people would see the tattoo and judge - one way or another.

If you think you can get a tattoo and not be judged, you're out of your mind.

I personally realize that no matter what I do at haircut time, I'm going to present some appearance to people. I expect to be judged on it. I'd definitely expect judgement if I got a visible piercing, or a visible tattoo. I hope not to be judged based on my sex or race (or eye color, amount of tan, etc).

Do you judge people by the hats they wear, by the clothes that they wear?

If you say no, you're lying. Judgement doesn't mean you say to yourself "this person is horrible"; it just means that something has even slightly altered your perception of someone.

You judge everything you see, everyone you see. You judge without knowing you judge; you judge every aspect of a person based on hundreds of conditions.

Take, for instance, a woman in business formal wear, and for the moment let's say she's got short-ish nails, no or clear nail polish.
    Now, same woman, with long blood-red fingernails.
    What's the difference?
    Trust me, you see her differently, even if it's just thinking "wow I don't think she can use a touchscreen or type well with those".
    You've judged. Doesn't matter if you think she's hot (or not) either way, or if you don't change your perception of what sort of an employee or boss she'd make.

Yes. If someone gets a tattoo that says "fuck the police" I can only imagine said person wants to have sex with police officers.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    If you get a tattoo because you want to be unique, you're just a dumbass. People who appreciate tattoos get them because they want to express something. I want an armored unicorn tattoo with the initials TJW on a scroll underneath it on my shoulder. Does that make me gay because I'm a guy? No, Its a memorial for my father who happened to think unicorns were a pretty cool mythical creature.
    I thought self expression was/is a form of attempting to be unique. But I see what you're saying regardless.

But there are plenty of people out there that get tattoos because of peer pressure and the want to be accepted. These people are what mind blow me lol, I have always had a hard time understanding how people fall to peer pressure so easily.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    When I see neck tattoos or hand tattoos I immediately judge them. Not sure why I judge them but I think immediately they are badass.
    fixed that for you.