Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,366
    Just as Osmin said; Think of Cobra Shot as a Focus regen ability and ingore the fact that it does damage, AS is much stronger than CS.

    Also general help is to get a Powerbar addon such as JSHunter and track your focus, try to keep it at around 60-70 all the time so you always have enough for KC and after KC you can do 1 or 2 AS before using Cobra again to get to 60 or higher focus. Of course substitute 1 AS for higher Prio abilities such as GT.

    I personally don't use anything special to track CDs or Focus, I have my character frame at the top left corner of the screen and that's where my Focus bar is :P

    Focus Management comes with practice, having raided Cata and MoP so far with Focus as the resource just has taught me well on how I plan ahead in between Signature abilities(KC, ES, Chimera).

  2. #22
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=6995&e=7490 did you seriously only use arcane shot 5 times?

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...6/?s=371&e=757 You used arcane shot 22 times on a 6:26 kill with 92% active time.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pt...?s=1500&e=1903 I used arcane shot 99 times on a 6:43 kill with 94% active time.

    You're just straight up not any good, they are not elitist at all to decline you. If you are on trial to a guild you should be playing your class properly. I'm not sure how you could "use arcane shot less to get more kill commands" since kill command has a 6 second cooldown and is ALWAYS used on cooldown.

    If I look into that Zor'lok kill of yours I linked, you only used Kill Command every 10.2 seconds on average, also your pet for some reason only had a 75% active time. Since you were apparently using Arcane Shot less to get more Kill Commands then you did not do a very good job of that.

    If you look at the log of mine I linked of Tsulong, you will see that while having 99 Arcane Shots in a similar time frame as you did 22, I also used Kill Command every 8 seconds on average, which was honestly not very good and is usually closer to 6.3.

    The guild was right to decline you, a simple look through all of your logs I can find on WoW-Heroes tells me you are not a good player at all and have no idea what you're doing.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-01-14 at 05:24 PM.

  3. #23
    Most of the logs you linked are random pugs which you are not even in. You need to run your own logs and upload them instead of using some random pugs that you joined for 3 wipes out of their total of 20. And even with the logs that have you in them the uptime on your SrS is abysmal and you are still using AS way too less, still about a 1/4 of what you should be.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-01-14 at 05:28 PM.

  4. #24
    You should be thankful for not getting into that guild.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    A good guild would have taken into account what you said and looked at more than a single log. You clearly dodged a bullet with that one.
    On another view I don't think this player coming on a forum to justify or feel better about a declined application is good either. Looks like both sides are doing bad in this case...though the guild (prob 1 bad officer) is the bigger issue.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    On another view I don't think this player coming on a forum to justify or feel better about a declined application is good either. Looks like both sides are doing bad in this case...though the guild (prob 1 bad officer) is the bigger issue.
    I don't really see how anyone could blame the guild for not wanting them at their current skill level.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-01-14 at 08:03 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I don't really see how anyone could blame the guild for not wanting at his current skill level.
    I don't play hunter so I shouldn't have jumped to fast on blaming the guild, if he/she is in fact not doing what is needed according to the guild than her making this post is even more sad.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't play hunter so I shouldn't have jumped to fast on blaming the guild, if he/she is in fact not doing what is needed according to the guild than her making this post is even more sad.
    All around ability usage is terrible, there's really no excuse that could be given for that level of play.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    On another view I don't think this player coming on a forum to justify or feel better about a declined application is good either. Looks like both sides are doing bad in this case...though the guild (prob 1 bad officer) is the bigger issue.
    I'm always on this forum - wth are you talking about? I immediately came here and asked for help. In fact go look at the fix my dps thread: I have posted there asking for help.

    I never mentioned that guild once by name: In fact, I referred to regular guilds that have ridiculous requirements. If you had bothered to read the OP, you would have seen that. I do have a right to be salty about being declined: It sucks. That doesn't mean you have to be a weird jerk and post unrelated items in my help thread.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=6995&e=7490 did you seriously only use arcane shot 5 times?

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...6/?s=371&e=757 You used arcane shot 22 times on a 6:26 kill with 92% active time.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pt...?s=1500&e=1903 I used arcane shot 99 times on a 6:43 kill with 94% active time.

    You're just straight up not any good, they are not elitist at all to decline you. If you are on trial to a guild you should be playing your class properly. I'm not sure how you could "use arcane shot less to get more kill commands" since kill command has a 6 second cooldown and is ALWAYS used on cooldown.

    If I look into that Zor'lok kill of yours I linked, you only used Kill Command every 10.2 seconds on average, also your pet for some reason only had a 75% active time. Since you were apparently using Arcane Shot less to get more Kill Commands then you did not do a very good job of that.

    If you look at the log of mine I linked of Tsulong, you will see that while having 99 Arcane Shots in a similar time frame as you did 22, I also used Kill Command every 8 seconds on average, which was honestly not very good and is usually closer to 6.3.

    The guild was right to decline you, a simple look through all of your logs I can find on WoW-Heroes tells me you are not a good player at all and have no idea what you're doing.
    I have a dps problem
    I ask around on people/etc/for help
    I read forums/sites for help
    I can't find problem fix or help
    I try to fix said problem alone
    Personal tries at problem fix fail
    I start going on dummies for hours to see what's going on
    I start trying random stuff in raids to see what's going on
    Meanwhile a friend tells me to re-apply to their guild
    I do: I get declined
    I again ask for some help
    I write an unrelated post about not being able to find a regular guild
    Everyone assumes I talk about the friends' guilds I get declined from
    Someone from said guild comes to thread to bash me
    Someone from said guild posts my private application transcript
    I get bashed for 28+ pages
    I get bashed here
    I finally get an answer from some nice people
    I get bashed some more and called names on my thread
    Get it brought here

    Am I missing anything here? Because that's pretty much how it went down
    So, I can't be frustrated and call someone an elitist?
    Sue me for getting aggravated
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-15 at 07:30 AM.


  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I'm always on this forum - wth are you talking about? I immediately came here and asked for help. In fact go look at the fix my dps thread: I have posted there asking for help.

    I never mentioned that guild once by name: In fact, I referred to regular guilds that have ridiculous requirements. If you had bothered to read the OP, you would have seen that. I do have a right to be salty about being declined: It sucks. That doesn't mean you have to be a weird jerk and post unrelated items in my help thread.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:43 PM ----------



    I have a dps problem
    I ask around on people/etc/for help
    I read forums/sites for help
    I can't find problem fix or help
    I try to fix said problem alone
    Personal tries at problem fix fail
    I start going on dummies for hours to see what's going on
    I start trying random stuff in raids to see what's going on
    Meanwhile a friend tells me to re-apply to their guild
    I do: I get declined
    I again ask for some help
    I write an unrelated post about not being able to find a regular guild
    Everyone assumes I talk about the friends' guilds I get declined from
    Officer from said guild comes to thread to bash me
    I get bashed for 28+ pages
    I get bashed here
    I finally get an answer from some nice people
    I get bashed some more and called names on my thread
    Get it brought here

    Am I missing anything here? Because that's pretty much how it went down
    So, I can't be frustrated and call someone an elitist?
    Sue me for getting aggravated
    I'm going to be blunt, DON'T FUCKING STAND DOING NOTHING! Every second wasted not using any ability is straight up DPS loss. You want to be constantly using SOMETHING and not standing around like a idiot for 4 sec waiting for KC to come off CD, which you also failed to do quite badly.

    Here is a very old video, But it still tells the truth on "How to DPS":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm going to be blunt, DON'T FUCKING STAND DOING NOTHING! Every second wasted not using any ability is straight up DPS loss. You want to be constantly using SOMETHING and not standing around like a idiot for 4 sec waiting for KC to come off CD, which you also failed to do quite badly.

    Here is a very old video, But it still tells the truth on "How to DPS":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI
    Ok. I'll work on it all and spend a few hours on this today. I'll log this week and post in the fix my dps thread to see if my uptime/shot usage is better and to see if I'm using my abilities better.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 06:11 PM ----------

    Not saying this to anyone in particular, but can we please ease up on the name calling at least?
    I'm here and I've eaten a phenomenal amount of shit for a shot at getting better (maybe not this section, but another).
    I WILL work on any tips & advice given.
    I get it, I'm awful at the game and need to improve (which is why I joined this damn forum in the first place).
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-14 at 11:16 PM.

  12. #32
    Jesus some of you are rude. If you talked to me like this in real life you'd have to deal with bruises. The guy's here for advice - if you can't or dont' want to take the time, move on, but piling on just to wave your tiny members about how good you are is a bit over the top.

    OP: Hit up EJ, look at the guides here and on warcrafthuntersunion.com, but in general take a step back and follow three basic rules:

    1) Always use your signature shots on cooldown.
    2) Always be casting something.
    3) Try not to focus cap. It's better to be focus-capped and cast CS than nothing, but it would be even better to cast Arcane Shot, Glaive Toss, etc since that will spend some focus and give more damage than CS.

    Do not, though, either wait for a CD and cast nothing or freeze and not cast because you're not sure of what to cast. If you're clicking, keybind. If you tend to tunnel on your action bars so you can catch KC as soon as it's off CD use an addon to track that (TellMeWhen, Weak Auras, whatever).

    Unless you're applying to high end guilds it's not important to play at 100% of the capacity of your toon but should probably be playing at 85-90%. That is, if you went to, say femaledwarf.com and it says that your toon should be doing 60kdps and you're doing 40k... that's an issue. If you're doing 55k of that 60k... you're fine.

    PS: Remember, focus is a resource that you spend to do damage. I know, sounds basic, but the reason you don't want to cap focus is that it means you're not spending it which in turn means you aren't doing as much damage as you could.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-01-14 at 11:40 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Jesus some of you are rude. If you talked to me like this in real life you'd have to deal with bruises. The guy's here for advice - if you can't or dont' want to take the time, move on, but piling on just to wave your tiny members about how good you are is a bit over the top.
    OP came in called a guild elitist because they knew what they were doing and then people told the OP that he needed to work on his DPS. He was given advice his attitude really is the only one that's much of a problem in the thread, well that is until you posted. When you come to these forums or any forum for that matter it's time to put on some big boy pants and realize that that just because you believe you may be in the right you may very well be wrong and people will point it out.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    OP came in called a guild elitist because they knew what they were doing and then people told the OP that he needed to work on his DPS. He was given advice his attitude really is the only one that's much of a problem in the thread, well that is until you posted. When you come to these forums or any forum for that matter it's time to put on some big boy pants and realize that that just because you believe you may be in the right you may very well be wrong and people will point it out.
    I do have my big pants, thank you.
    In fact, I believe putting up with 30 pages of crap in a thread is enough.
    I didn't call the guild elitist: I called the person who wrote the reply it because I was frustrated.
    I am a human being and allowed to be upset.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-15 at 12:02 AM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    OP came in called a guild elitist because they knew what they were doing and then people told the OP that he needed to work on his DPS. He was given advice his attitude really is the only one that's much of a problem in the thread, well that is until you posted. When you come to these forums or any forum for that matter it's time to put on some big boy pants and realize that that just because you believe you may be in the right you may very well be wrong and people will point it out.
    And people can point out issues without being assholes who talk about 'bigboy pants' and other juvenile crap. If you can't be civil and constructive, don't post. And you're wrong - several of the other posts in this thread are rude and not even remotely helpful. But you let me know how your attitude works when you get out of high school ok?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And people can point out issues without being assholes who talk about 'bigboy pants' and other juvenile crap. If you can't be civil and constructive, don't post. And you're wrong - several of the other posts in this thread are rude and not even remotely helpful. But you let me know how your attitude works when you get out of high school ok?
    It's fine: I shouldn't have said that about the individual when I was upset anyway. I had a moment: Shit happens.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And people can point out issues without being assholes who talk about 'bigboy pants' and other juvenile crap. If you can't be civil and constructive, don't post. And you're wrong - several of the other posts in this thread are rude and not even remotely helpful. But you let me know how your attitude works when you get out of high school ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And people can point out issues without being assholes who talk about 'bigboy pants' and other juvenile crap
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    'bigboy pants' and other juvenile crap
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    juvenile crap
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But you let me know how your attitude works when you get out of high school ok?


    That hypocrisy is lovely.

  18. #38
    We all have our moments. Hell, I know I've thrown a controller or two and gone off about stuff like people walking on frag grenades and not dying. Spending a ridiculous amount of time on something can just be utterly frustrated in the process.

    It happens: If you tell me you've never once raged over something dumb, I'll be prompted to think you are full of it.
    If you've never had a moment - I applaud you, since you are obviously a much better person than I am.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    We all have our moments. Hell, I know I've thrown a controller or two and gone off about stuff like people walking on frag grenades and not dying. Spending a ridiculous amount of time on something can just be utterly frustrated in the process.

    It happens: If you tell me you've never once raged over something dumb, I'll be prompted to think you are full of it.
    If you've never had a moment - I applaud you, since you are obviously a much better person than I am.
    Oh no, absolutely, but I still love how he at the start of his posts tell people to not be juvenile and then at the end does it him self.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Oh no, absolutely, but I still love how he at the start of his posts tell people to not be juvenile and then at the end does it him self.
    Ah well >.<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •