View Poll Results: If You Saw Neo-Nazis Killing Someone, What Would You Do?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • Physically Intervene, even if it puts me in danger, and attempt to stop the attack.

14 15.38%
  • Call the police to see what happens, even if it may be futile.

48 52.75%
  • Run away from the vicinity of the attack as fast as possible.

9 9.89%
  • Try to talk the attackers out of the attack.

3 3.30%
  • Nothing and just observe.

17 18.68%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How come there is no option to join them? Maybe you don't like the guy they are beating.
    The premise of the hypothetical situation suggests that you do not know the person they are beating up. Regardless, though, any enemy of a neo-Nazi is a friend of mine whom I'd protect to death.

Deleted
    I'l run away, don't want to be the next victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to intervene alone against 6 armed men is straight suicidal. I would not do anything because if I try to intervene, that means two dead bodies instead of one. Why waste your life like that?

Deleted
    I would call the police.... i don't think i'd try to intervine because i'd be in a strange country with strange laws and a strange amount of corruption. If it was anywhere in the EU i'd intervine because i'm well aware of my rights. Then again, i'd never go to Russia so this would never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity View Post
    If it was 2v1, 3v1 maybe... but 6v1 no, that does change things. Would you jump in front of a bullet to save someone you do not know at the cost of your own life?
    Of course I would. 1v6 is possible, too, by the way. As I said earlier, my friend is a USMC combat veteran who would be able to easily 1v6 someone.

I would slip away while calling the authorities. No sense in getting yourself maimed/killed without having any effect on the end result beyond you being crippled/dead. And quite frankly, chances are that so would you. People love to think they'd be "doing the right thing" by committing darwin award worthy acts like you describe in such situations, but most of the time these fantasies are unrealistic self deception designed by your subconcious to make you feel better about yourself, especially since we're talking about you being a bystander in no harms way at the beginning. Psychologically, self-sacrifice when you're already a part of the situation in mortal danger and willingly putting yourself into mortal danger for the sake of self-sacrifice are two very different things.

Deleted
    What happens in rest of the world: Neo-nazis kill the victims and we run away like pussies.
    What happens in Murica: An open-carrying patriot shoots the neo-nazis with his 2nd amendment assault rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Why does someone being related to you change things? Are all people not equal to you? I'm just asking in order to prod a discussion, that is all.
    Emotional attachment. Logic is often out the window when something dear to us is at stake.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand what info you're trying to get from this poll. it assumes that there are some groups of gangs, or even individuals that get a free pass for their homicides, and being seen doing it would have no effect on/by either the victim, purpetrator or witness.

Of course I would. 1v6 is possible, too, by the way. As I said earlier, my friend is a USMC combat veteran who would be able to easily 1v6 someone.
    Yeah congratulations on being physically fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakir the Windlord View Post
    I'l run away, don't want to be the next victim.
    The deed of running away already makes you the next victim. The deed of standing for what is right in a fury of justice makes you the first person who is not a victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    If I believed the police as corrupt as you seem to, nothing. Except maybe leave the country. And no, I would not sleep any worse knowing I had not gotten myself killed in order to make a point and accomplished nothing more.
    couldnt have said it better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Emotional attachment. Logic is often out the window when something dear to us is at stake.
    Well, I can only speak for myself, I feel similarly for all human beings in general.

Well, there's a rather large neo-Nazi problem in almost all countries of Europe. Certainly in France, the U.K., even Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Lithuania and other former Soviet-bloc states.
    There's a neo-nazi problem in the UK? Can you please tell me where? Please don't say Nick Griffin or those imbecilic EDL asshats.

The deed of running away already makes you the next victim.
    How? 6 people beating on one person, they're going to stop and chase someone running away?

The premise of the hypothetical situation suggests that you do not know the person they are beating up. Regardless, though, any enemy of a neo-Nazi is a friend of mine whom I'd protect to death.

Well we don't share the same beliefs so to each is own. However getting involved "helping" could get you arrested.
    The flip side of the coin, if you call the cops and are a witness now you can be Subpoenaed to court even if you don't want to go. If you fail to go you will be charged with contempt of court amongst other things. Sometimes it is just better to mind your own business.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 vs 6 armed lunatics.

This isn't 1933. Whip out your camera and run. You'd probably achieve more alive than dead. Want to help the guy? Sure go ahead and risk dieing. What do you accomplish? Satisfying your own need to have to help your fellow man and perhaps cause some sort of public outrage? Or maybe stay alive, make your video go viral and cause the same effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    What happens in rest of the world: Neo-nazis kill the victims and we run away like pussies.
    What happens in Murica: An open-carrying patriot shoots the neo-nazis with his 2nd amendment assault rifle.
    LOL! That is why I live the United States (tangential note), it's because the citizenry is armed and will not stand for injustice. What you jokingly describe would actually probably occur in the United States, and at the very least in Texas.

Well that may make you feel all righteous and whatnot, but honestly, I doubt anyone, friend or stranger, would want you to throw away your life "for them" to no accomplishment whatsoever.

Well, I can only speak for myself,
    doesn't sound like it, you're striking people down for not agreeing with your vote of action.