Thread: Talk Radio

Talk Radio

How many here listen to talk radio, what shows do you like?

I listen to a lot of talk radio since I drive a lot, more interesting than the other radio stations in this area.
    I mostly listen to conservative talk radio, but will listen to some NPR shows and try to listen to Car Talk if Im on the road when its on.

Neal Boortz seems to be the most interesting out of all of them, seems to have good stories, commentary and The Georgia Cat Chasing Championship was pure awesome.

I listen to KFI which is a talk radio station in SoCal, I listen to their local talk people, less than I used to though, and Coast to Coast am.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I listen to KFI which is a talk radio station in SoCal, I listen to their local talk people, less than I used to though, and Coast to Coast am.
    Coast to Coast is at its best when its late and your driving by yourself through the middle of nowhere.

I listen to a lot of NPR, though I try to avoid the political talk back shows - they get tiresome.

Mostly:

Science Friday
    Moth Radio Hour
    This American Life

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing lots of GTA3 lately so love listening to Chatterbox hosted by Lazlo.

On a more serious note, the "Shock Jocks" in Australia are horrible so I avoid Talkback radio as much as possible. It's all about pushing their stupid political agendas, making fun of dead people, jokes about the rapes of little girls and prank calls to the UK (3 very serious talk back issues that came up in 2012 here).

Deleted
    I used to listen to a lot of radio shows, music, etc, but I lost interest in all that sadly.

Lots of fun moments while listening to a few shows.

Neal Boortz? A complete moron. I read his books, he's an idiot.

So is Hannity, come to think of it, and Rush is even worse. Honestly, most talk radio is just nonsensical ranting about the impending Marxist takeover.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I listened to talk radio a lot it was mostly Tom Leykis, BJ Shea, and the Men's Room. Many great memories I have from these awesome broadcasters.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    Neal Boortz? A complete moron. I read his books, he's an idiot.

So is Hannity, come to think of it, and Rush is even worse. Honestly, most talk radio is just nonsensical ranting about the impending Marxist takeover.
    Yeah honestly I'm not sure how Bortz got the following he did. He's not funny, he just says the same thing as everyone else, and he's a complete ass to his callers, yet the right treats him like an intellectual legend.

On Saturdays where I live, we get Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and This American Life all in a row. All three are fantastic, Wait Wait is my favorite, it's a quiz show with questions from that week's news, it's always very funny and you learn a lot. I really like a Prairie Home Companion, but it is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah honestly I'm not sure how Bortz got the following he did.
    I was a big fan of him when I was 13. It's easy to like someone like that when you have no understanding of the world and never, ever bother to fact-check assertions.

Don't listen to it all that often but I throw on Glenn Beck once in a blue moon. Actually pretty funny sometimes, albeit completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Don't listen to it all that often but I throw on Glenn Beck once in a blue moon. Actually pretty funny sometimes, albeit completely insane.
    We do not get him in this area. We get Clark Howard and Dave Ramsey which I dont care for, same with Kim Komando find that show annoying.