Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Reasonable resctrictions to Flying mounts

    Ok so at the moment its much too easy to escape from world pvp by simply flying away. that really sucks. there need to be some restrictions in place to stop people abusing that kind of behavior, to get the war back into warcraft!

    I've seen alot of suggestions ranging from flight taxing to complete removal. I really dont think either of those are options, taxing money will just kick poor players in the nads and complete removal will make a large amount of work blizzard has done redundant.

    I have 2 Suggestions,
    Suggestion 1: make it so that you can only mount your flying mount at a flight master (available in every town), or dungeon stone
    this would do alot of things:- one thing it'd do is make it so that players in the world cant run away too easily, it would also give players a reason to protect small towns.
    Of course this would make it really annoying if you got stuck down a well and couldnt get out, so perhaps you could also get a player skill with a long CD that would call your mount to you so that you could fly off from anywhere, but only once every 10 mins or so.

    Suggestion 2: raise the cast time of using your flying mount to 5 seconds +.
    This would stop players from running off in a hurry but still give the freedom of flight.

    For some reason i think that suggestion 2 would feel alot more annoying than the first suggestion, even though it'd give alot more freedom.
    tell me what you think? if you dont like the idea, explain why

  2. #2
    Not many people know bout them, they're even better anti PvP things than flying mounts or whatever.

    Potions of Deepholm! Instant-cast, costing 5g to make, teleporting you to Temple of the Earth with a portal to SW/Org five meters away. Have fun trolling gankers with these, they think they're cool and about to win while you POOF!

    You can be ganked there too but it's extremely unlikely.

    Now seriously please stop threads bout flying mounts. I have one god damn suggestion - restrict your ideas to PvP / RPPvP realms. Leave us PvErs alone ffs.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by kukulcan13 View Post
    Ok so at the moment its much too easy to escape from world pvp by simply flying away. that really sucks. there need to be some restrictions in place to stop people abusing that kind of behavior, to get the war back into warcraft!

    I've seen alot of suggestions ranging from flight taxing to complete removal. I really dont think either of those are options, taxing money will just kick poor players in the nads and complete removal will make a large amount of work blizzard has done redundant.

    I have 2 Suggestions,
    Suggestion 1: make it so that you can only mount your flying mount at a flight master (available in every town), or dungeon stone
    this would do alot of things:- one thing it'd do is make it so that players in the world cant run away too easily, it would also give players a reason to protect small towns.
    Of course this would make it really annoying if you got stuck down a well and couldnt get out, so perhaps you could also get a player skill with a long CD that would call your mount to you so that you could fly off from anywhere, but only once every 10 mins or so.

    Suggestion 2: raise the cast time of using your flying mount to 5 seconds +.
    This would stop players from running off in a hurry but still give the freedom of flight.

    For some reason i think that suggestion 2 would feel alot more annoying than the first suggestion, even though it'd give alot more freedom.
    tell me what you think? if you dont like the idea, explain why
    1)No.
    2)No.
    Reasons why : Stop trying to ruin other peoples fun because your to lazy to walk.

  4. #4
    the one and only restriction that might be reasonable on flying mounts should be that you can't AFK on them. if you afk on them, they start losing altitude. that's the one and only reasonable restriction, and truth be told, it would piss me off, and I'd probably never leave the cities. I like being safe.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    924
    Stop wasting your time. Blizzard are never going to remove flying mounts. People don't want to world pvp else they would not fly away?

  6. #6
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned the fact that you can't be knocked out of the sky with an attack yet.

    How about doing something about that? Being CC'd on a flying mount now causes you to dismount instead of getting the immune message.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Stop wasting your time. Blizzard are never going to remove flying mounts. People don't want to world pvp else they would not fly away?
    Hey zulu ima let you in on a little secret alright and its about to blow your mind. See if you wanna pvp you can queue up for these thing called "battlegrounds" and in these "battlegrounds" nobody has a flying mount and you can gank to your hearts content and see all the scenery you want!

  8. #8
    Yeah, I'm not in favor of inconceiving most wow players just so you can gank players easier.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2013-01-14 at 01:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,674
    Not again...

    Both of your suggestions will "fix" nothing. They're nothing more than annoyances, if people want to escape, flying mounts won't be the deciding factor on that. Flight is unlikely to be changed. Get over it, we've had flying mounts since TBC, why the sudden obsession with restricting them now? Is it the new hot topic to whine about? Not to mention there's a thread on this subject still going, even though it started with a suggestion even worse than yours.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-14 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  10. #10
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Suggestion Three: Lets stop making threads about flying when the majority is going back lash you when they've likely RESPONDED like the 50th time meaning NO.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Hey zulu ima let you in on a little secret alright and its about to blow your mind. See if you wanna pvp you can queue up for these thing called "battlegrounds" and in these "battlegrounds" nobody has a flying mount and you can gank to your hearts content and see all the scenery you want!
    Make some sense please.

  12. #12
    Just bring this back and it's all sorted :-)

  13. #13
    This stupid crap again?
    Flying mounts will not be removed, they will not be restricted besides a couple of new zones, they will not add a gold per second mounted cost, they will not add a cooldown on fliers, they will not do any of these stupid ideas the 10 or so people on this forum who want them can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  14. #14
    Let's see why does this thread seem familiar?

    Flying on WoW should have a cost per second
    Plz stop crying about flying in WoW!
    Flying mount fatigue
    Petition: Remove Flying Mounts - Let Azeroth Re-grow!

    Oh yeah that's right because we've seen at least 4 of these threads in 6 days. That doesn't count the threads that started as Vanilla is better and slowly morphed into your ilk claiming it was because of flying or ones that were more creative in their thread titles and hid their true intentions better than you. I'd suggest reading through one of those threads and adding to the "discussion" there instead of spamming the boards.

  15. #15
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Euskadi, España
    Posts
    121
    Remove them from Pandaria on PvP servers until 6.0

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergej View Post
    Just bring this back and it's all sorted :-)
    If every class had an access to an aerial dismount, and less so to a parachute, this would likely be the most fun solution.

  17. #17
    Thunder Island is flying restricted and is essentially the new IQD. That should be enough to appease those with extreme hate for flying mounts, goodness. Why have there been so many threads so recently asking for flying restrictions when we just learned this fact? I ask because I don't normally see this many threads asking for flying restrictions usually, and now it makes even less sense.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kukulcan13 View Post
    Ok so at the moment its much too easy to escape from world pvp by simply flying away. that really sucks.
    Maybe, but IMO that's only one of the issues affecting World based PvP.

    there need to be some restrictions in place to stop people abusing that kind of behavior, to get the war back into warcraft!
    That's not really an "abuse".

    Suggestion 1: make it so that you can only mount your flying mount at a flight master (available in every town), or dungeon stone
    this would do alot of things:- one thing it'd do is make it so that players in the world cant run away too easily, it would also give players a reason to protect small towns.
    And largely make flying mounts worthless. Which is bad. More so when you realise there are entire zones built aorund the assumption you have a flying mount.

    Suggestion 2: raise the cast time of using your flying mount to 5 seconds +.
    And this would be hugely aggravating to the vast majority of players who don't taking part in PvP.

    You want reasonable restrictions of flying?

    1: No hovering. If you aren't going forward, you are going downwards.
    2: A requirement to accelerate to flight speed when taking off.
    3: Ground mount summons: 1s. Flying mount summons: 2s.

    More radically? World PvP can be immense fun but right now the system needs an overhaul. There is too much imbalance for Blizzard to fully embrace its potential. Without that overhaul, I don't think changing the flight system will be too popular.

    EJL

  19. #19
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    963
    there are no reasonable restrictions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Flalia4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Thunder Island is flying restricted and is essentially the new IQD. That should be enough to appease those with extreme hate for flying mounts, goodness. Why have there been so many threads so recently asking for flying restrictions when we just learned this fact? I ask because I don't normally see this many threads asking for flying restrictions usually, and now it makes even less sense.
    I don't understand why these people who want to WPVP so much can't just go queue for a BG what is the honest difference. They're still going to be able to kill people with bad gear who don't know there class and feel l33t?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •