Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I'd be OK with:

1. Certain mobs with the ability to shoot down flying mounts from the ground. Very few of these and not in all zones. Maybe over enemy (PvP) cities and villages. You would not necessarily die from impact. Perhaps instead of the mount simply poofing, you lose control of the mount and you spiral toward the ground at a slower pace before falling off and taking just a little damage.

2. Flying mobs with the ability to do the same thing. Again, not in every zone, but in some areas. Lore would certainly allow for it.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Thunder Island is flying restricted and is essentially the new IQD. That should be enough to appease those with extreme hate for flying mounts, goodness. Why have there been so many threads so recently asking for flying restrictions when we just learned this fact? I ask because I don't normally see this many threads asking for flying restrictions usually, and now it makes even less sense.
    It's just the latest fad topic to throw out when people want to sound hardcore but hilariously confuse an increase in tedium as an increase in difficulty.

Give it a few weeks, and there will be another fad topic to replace it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear if I see the phrase "Bring back war in warcraft!" one more time I'm going to scream.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I swear if I see the phrase "Bring back war in warcraft!" one more time I'm going to scream.
    *puts on earmuffs* Bring back war in warcraft! j/k

OT: There just needs to be more reason for people to be in the world and off their flying mounts. Mobs to kill, stuff to loot, quests to do etc etc. Flying mounts just further exacerbate the issue of an empty world. Flying mounts for travel are convenient, that is unlikely to change really unless they create phased quest areas where you can use your flying mount to travel around the world to those quest areas and then dismount and go on foot once you reach the phased part. For example you might fly down to domination point to do your dailies, then when you pick up the first quest it puts you in a quest phase where you cant use flying mounts until you complete the quests, abandon them or leave the phase area.

Flying mounts should have restrictions on pvp servers. Limit the height at which they can fly? Make the person dismount when attacked? Give everyone a blue shell and lower the cd would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Flying mounts should have restrictions on pvp servers. Limit the height at which they can fly? Make the person dismount when attacked? Give everyone a blue shell and lower the cd would be nice.
    good idea!

also lets make it so lowbies have to quest near enemy faction cities because the porr lvl 90s have go so far away to gank

also lets make it so ground mounts are restricted so if an enemy player is targeting you your speed is decreased by 90% so it easier to gank people

and lets give conquest points to people who kill lowbies!

yeah! that'll put the war in warcraft!

feel free to add to something ive said
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-14 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only world pvp I ever really engaged in was in Wintergrasp, which allowed flight (when not in a battle). That meant that you had to be really fast about doing what you were going to do and/or be alert, and it was big enough so that an alert about someone fighting guards at a bridge wouldn't necessarily mean you'd find anyone there.

But flight was never a problem. I got attacked from the air, I attacked from the air, etc, it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post

1. Certain mobs with the ability to shoot down .... Maybe over enemy (PvP) cities and villages. You would not necessarily die from impact. Perhaps instead of the mount simply poofing, you lose control of the mount and you spiral toward the ground at a slower pace before falling off and taking just a little damage.
    I am honestly surprised that faction settlements don't have anti-air defenses.

Wow, we get a different one of these daily now, huh?

Provided that you leave PvE realms alone entirely, I suppose #2 wouldn't be completely awful - in the interest of world pvp anyway. #1 would make farming drive me nuts though.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about if you get a button at max level that you can press once per hour and kill a random questing low level player of the other faction?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    How about if you get a button at max level that you can press once per hour and kill a random questing low level player of the other faction?
    do it like the old warlock doomguard summon. 3-5 lvl 90 players channel the ability, one of them dies but the spell also kills a random low level player out in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts really do not need restrictions. Why are people so hell bent of them?

Deleted
    World PvP was dead in vanilla as soon as battlegrounds came out.

Anyone pining for said World PvP is just wanting to kill people in an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by kukulcan13 View Post
    Ok so at the moment its much too easy to escape from world pvp by simply flying away. that really sucks. there need to be some restrictions in place to stop people abusing that kind of behavior, to get the war back into warcraft!

I've seen alot of suggestions ranging from flight taxing to complete removal. I really dont think either of those are options, taxing money will just kick poor players in the nads and complete removal will make a large amount of work blizzard has done redundant.

I have 2 Suggestions,
    Suggestion 1: make it so that you can only mount your flying mount at a flight master (available in every town), or dungeon stone
    this would do alot of things:- one thing it'd do is make it so that players in the world cant run away too easily, it would also give players a reason to protect small towns.
    Of course this would make it really annoying if you got stuck down a well and couldnt get out, so perhaps you could also get a player skill with a long CD that would call your mount to you so that you could fly off from anywhere, but only once every 10 mins or so.

Suggestion 2: raise the cast time of using your flying mount to 5 seconds +.
    This would stop players from running off in a hurry but still give the freedom of flight.

For some reason i think that suggestion 2 would feel alot more annoying than the first suggestion, even though it'd give alot more freedom.
    tell me what you think? if you dont like the idea, explain why
    Again no. I dont want my flying mounts impaired just cause some idiot wants to gank people. I dont like pvp, if I want pvp I'll either go do BG's or go raid horde cities, other than that leave my flying mounts alone.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

While your suggestions are somewhat more reasonable than what I've read in other threads, they assume WPVP is important enough to gimp something we've had unhindered for 6 years now. Which it isn't.

Also, if we don't feel like being forced to die a thousand times against one or two foes couple of tiers above us in PVP gear, we should have the option of getting the hell out of there. PVP server means we have the option to engage or be engaged by an enemy player, not that we must.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Translation: "don't the people fly because I want to gank them, of course, being much better geared because I'm not stupid to attack someone that can defend himself"

Now let me tell you why there isn't any fun in world PvP. I hope you are ready for this revelation, because it's just stunning. Here are the reasons:

1) THERE IS NO FUCKING REWARD FOR WORLD PVP

Now this is the main reason. World PvP has no incentive. People want to see some progress so they are doing BGs untill their eyes bleed so they can get full PvP gear. Then they are doing arena as much as possible to get better gear. Only after that, if they can't get anything from BGs and are capped for arena, they will search for poorly PvP geared people to "do some world PvP"

Now there is reason no. 2 too

2) Most people, and that must be way over 90% HATE world PvP. In fact I bet most people on PvP servers are not even into PvP at all. Why are they on a PvP server then? Well, god know, maybe because the had friend already there, maybe because Blizzard has that retarded piece of shit transfer fee, there are lots of reasons.

I remember when I was trying to find some world PvP myself, most people would spit emote me or even log alts to wish me cancer and whatnot.

I'd say let it go with the whole world PvP thing and first try to be arena master or something, that must mean much more than ganking and annoying people that want to do dailies. While the concepts are clear and the infrastructure is there, everything else is missing, so you have the PvP servers with the PvP rules, but then you have atrocious faction balance and most people hating world PvP

And in the end, a pretty obvious thing: if world PvP was any fun at all, there would be lots and lots and lots of world PvP everywhere. But it's not (except for the dickless gankers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    -Snip-
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Suggestion Three: Lets stop making threads about flying when the majority is going back lash you when they've likely RESPONDED like the 50th time meaning NO.
    50 no's and a yes means yes

(sorry but just re-watched that episode of Family Guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post

1. Certain mobs with the ability to shoot down flying mounts from the ground. Very few of these and not in all zones. Maybe over enemy (PvP) cities and villages. You would not necessarily die from impact. Perhaps instead of the mount simply poofing, you lose control of the mount and you spiral toward the ground at a slower pace before falling off and taking just a little damage.

2. Flying mobs with the ability to do the same thing. Again, not in every zone, but in some areas. Lore would certainly allow for it.
    I've been shot down by flying mobs (in mop), ally gaurds on towers plenty of times. Once flew right through the Sha of Anger and one of his bolts dismounted my at least a whole zone away. I only leave the city to go to the pvp vendors, I'm more scared of mobs shooting me down than being ganked on the ground by other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I don't understand why these people who want to WPVP so much can't just go queue for a BG what is the honest difference. They're still going to be able to kill people with bad gear who don't know there class and feel l33t?
    It's not the same thing at all. Organic PvP out in the world is just so much more fun. World PvP is fun because it isn't structured.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It's not the same thing at all. Organic PvP out in the world is just so much more fun. World PvP is fun because it isn't structured.
    To you it may be fun but all the players just flying away, maybe they don't wanna wpvp?
    So now we are thinking of ways to force wpvp on them? Because it is a hell of fun?