Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What's sad is that's more guilds than have currently killed Stone Guards.
    Except they had more than twice as much time.

Blizz themselves admitted that T11 normal was horribly overtuned. They didn't say that about T14 or T8.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post

Blizz themselves admitted that T11 normal was horribly overtuned. They didn't say that about T14 or T8.
    Did Blizz submit guild apps for this?
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account

Really because t11 was the best thing blizzard has done since ulduar.

Even the 5 mans during the first 1-5 days of cata were the most fun I've had since doing bc.

What do you mean over-tuned?

3 month totals: Halfus was killed by 52,000 guilds, and Stone Guard 36,400 guilds. Tier 11 was not as difficult?

Even going by Tier 11's final boss vs. Tier 14s first boss, there are half as many T11 Final Boss kills are T14's first boss kill, which is about what it should be.

You can only compare final bosses of the tier, in which case you get twice as many guilds having killed Al'akir than Shekzeer, and twice as many guilds have killed Cho'gall compared to Sha of Fear in the same time frame.

You can't compare Halfus. Halfus was a joke of a boss. The rest of the bosses in that tier were pretty well tuned. T11 heroics were hard, but not stupid stonewall Rag HM hard. They were challenging and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    You can't compare Halfus. Halfus was a joke of a boss. The rest of the bosses in that tier were pretty well tuned. T11 heroics were hard, but not stupid stonewall Rag HM hard. They were challenging and fun.
    Al'akir. Cho'gall curb stomped us pretty badly too because we had shit aoe classes but I think that might have just been us.

Council was a great trial killer though. "WHAT DO I DO WITH THE ORB!!!??11?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Just comparing first bosses. I can post the entire thing if it'll help.

3 month totals:

Stone Guard: 36,400
    -
    Halfus: 52,000
    Valiona: 45,000
    Council: 33,300
    Omnotron: 51,000
    Magmaw: 55,000
    Maloriak: 44,000
    Chimaeron: 35,000
    Atramedes: 36,000
    Conclave: 39,000

So more guilds killed Halfus, Valiona, Omnotron, Magmaw, Maloriak, and Conclave in 3 months, than have killed the introductory raid boss in 5.0.

More guilds killed Half the Tier in 4.0 than have killed the first boss in 5.0 .

Weren't subs higher going into Cata? *shrug*. This tier is pretty great too but I had more fun in T11 with the exception of a few bosses.

Deleted
    Maybe because there are way fewer active guilds now than there were before? Ever thought of that?

Maybe because there are way fewer active guilds now than there were before? Ever thought of that?
    You're a good one. You'd think that one of your 1,500 posts you'd have something intelligent to contribute to a 30 page discussion. Less raiding guilds existing now was already brought up.

You're also overlooking the fact that I've included 6 month, and 3 month totals for boss kills. Negates your "more time" comment. You can't make a ridiculous argument, have someone present a counter-argument, and your last line of defense be "nanner nanner nuh uh! I'm right you're wrong"

"3 guilds per server have killed blahblah bosses before Firelands" Are you discussing heroic mode or something? I've been discussing normal modes the entire time.

Normal mode Stone Guard, Normal mode Chogall, Normal mode -EVERYTHING-. I thought this was assumed when I presented the number of 20,000 guilds having killed Will of the Emperor, and 17,000 or whatever killing Nefarian after 3 months.

I could break down the 3 month kill per heroic boss, but honestly, i've spent more time than I've wanted to in this thread. Between getting PM-Bombed by the OP about her crap DPS and why she was declined from a raiding guild, and between people arguing Tier difficulty, I've officially lost any sense of fun in this thread. I'm out!
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-01-15 at 12:14 AM.

On the majority of medium pop servers they surely didn't get killed by more than 3-4 guilds per server until June. T11 was a disaster that caused blizz to lose nearly 3mil subs.
    Millions do not raid. Raiding has nothing to do with subs loss, usually, not in any noticable way I can figure. Lack of accessible content for everyone does, though, surely. Lack of content in general surely does.

Even with counting LFR during DS, the amount of people raiding was still fairly damned low. Counting it now... it's still fairly damn low.

Why do you people live in this fantasy world?

Even in times when it was much easier to get pugs going for stuff, like during the highest buffs in ICC, very few people raided.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild apps have gotten ridiculous to be honest. Most of my raiding was done from Vanilla to WLK. With Cataclysm I played off and on and very casually, so I hadn't even looked at a guild application in awhile. I checked one out recently and I had to laugh. The applications that potential employees have to fill out for me are less detailed than that. It shouldn't be much of a problem though, if it's just an average guild that has an app like that then don't waste your time it's not worth it. If it's a top guild you shouldn't mind giving them information if you think you'd be a good fit for them anyway.

Some of these replies make me glad I didn't play in Cataclysm.

Poor OP got torn to shreds.

OT: Guild applications are still necessary for the top tier and serious 25 man raiding guilds. They act as a very good initial barrier to weed out the chaff.

For a 10 man guild, or even a middle of the pack 25 man guild, I think a 10 minute vent conversation is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    Some of these replies make me glad I didn't play in Cataclysm.
    >you ever played.

Why are you still here fishing for pity. You've deleted your op and said you're abandoning the thread but you're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    What I am suggesting is that mid-level guilds actually take more care in screening applicants. I am also suggesting more interaction, with less elitism.
    I agree so much with this. I don't know what make people being so elitist these days. Raiding is a lot easier, playing the game too.
    Last edited by Marchen; 2013-01-15 at 01:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    If they're not judging me for it why the fuck is it on their application form?!
    The rule of thumb is they're not judging you because your specs are alright. Else you wouldn't apply, you'd know your apply would be denied, and it'd be an utter waste of time. What they're merely doing is verifying.

What it is meant for is to weed out the dumbfucks who are playing on an old rig with 2 FPS. Nowadays they're a rare breed though.

They're also making sure you know what you are playing with, are able to look this up, and that it is good enough. It is relevant for 25m guilds and top end, but also even less serious guilds. You don't want to have a fellow in your raid who's having overheating issues. If they didn't state they had these issues in their app they held back important information about themselves which means gkick or social status.

Personally, I always need to look up what my specs are when someone asks because it isn't even something I obsess about or remember (I completely laugh at all the spec linking in sigs, calling it ricer and epeen). I am well past that age. Also, as a 10m raider my settings are optimized for 10m quality raiding. If I am going to do Sha or LFR my FPS won't be high enough for my own standards. I can either live with it, or lower my graphics settings. I generally opt for the former, I don't care much about my performance in either of these settings. If I were to join a 25m raiding guild I'd certainly adapt beforehand by lowering my graphics settings (also because I want good logs). Actually, more likely I'd spend some money and upgrade computer parts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    It´s a question of supply and demand. Times have changed. There are more raid slots to fill than people willing to apply. All guilds with an incomplete roster will need to rethink.
    Easily solved: Disband and dissolve. Everyone tries to fit in the spots which are open like LEGO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:33 AM ----------

A player who plays one spec to near perfection but has no clue about how to play the other 2 specs can hardly be considered a bad player.
    Depends. In 10m it can be important. If you got good alternatives you can stick the spriest with shadow and let the shaman use their off spec instead. Then, when required, said shaman would be able to go healing. If that shaman has good attendance, the priest can stick to shadow (which he's very good at). There's no problem. But if nobody can reliably fill that spot of off healing you may be better off with an spriest who is able to play their off spec well.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Why is that sad? It's actually a good point either the difficulty of tier 14, or the reduction in raiding guilds.

[...]
    Completely neglecting LFR. Newsflash: for some people, LFR is more than enough. They don't have to do Normal to see the content. LFR is just fine. They didn't have the option of seeing the content and doing LFR in 4.0 or 4.2. So it simply isn't fair to completely ignore LFR out of the equation (as laughable as you may find the difficulty of LFR).

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    [...]

If you can just suck it up, I'm sure you can get through the vent interview, and whatever other hoops they want.
    Even if you do not get through the vent interview, try to learn from it. If you get refused by someone for something (job, relationship you name it) you gotta suck it up. You can just move on, but you can also -where appropriate- learn from it and take those teachings in your next interview. We already do this, because we're learning every day, but I still want to underline you can do it more proactive and be more aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Completely neglecting LFR. Newsflash: for some people, LFR is more than enough. They don't have to do Normal to see the content. LFR is just fine. They didn't have the option of seeing the content and doing LFR in 4.0 or 4.2. So it simply isn't fair to completely ignore LFR out of the equation (as laughable as you may find the difficulty of LFR).
    Not neglecting it, I just hadn't considered it at the time of posting. LFR undoubtedly had an impact on those who wanted to raid, and were "forced" to be in 25 man or 10 man guilds. Now they can "see" the content at their own pace.

Deleted
    I loved writing guild applications in TBC/Wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ok 13 pages and am i REALLY one of the only ones to see that all you hardcore hyper progress based guild guys are basically not getting it.

I for one am fine with where i am in game TBH i enjoy teaching new players more then i do raiding. Thing is the OP is TRYING to point out that ALOT of mediocre to downright bad guilds are going app nuts. And not even trying to help newer players.

As a guy who was going no heirloom for a time trust me when i say the environment for new players/no heirlooms is pretty vile. From a monk only lacking weapon heirlooms dissing the new players i was teaching(they DID have horrid DPS but i talked to em ALL individually anout how to improve AND THEY HAVE) and barely doung more than me as a brewmaster. To a group of buddies leveling a guys enchanting by needing EVERYTHING and saying he "needs" for enchanting.

And those are pre BC content and i DO have more. To new player who put up with ALL of this yeah they might not know the sites so you tell/help them. You NUTURE new talent by the gods i have a friend who i can tell you now will be an insanely good player better than i ever will be i suspect. But mighta quit had nice people not been there.

Now here is the thing. Low-mid end raid guilds really shouldn't be so pucky. You CANNOT learn the same stuff through leveling anymore that we once did. The days of dying to wandering elites or walking into a place full of them are gone. Instances by and large are tank and spank and by the time they get into heroics enough people are geared that no strategy is needed and thus don't learn one reason healers aside i try and take it slow even at low levels.

Now these people might hear about a raid guild and ask to join. Why not ask them in whisper real quick what they've done. Or even just run a random group with em. Just get a feel. I mean yeah we ALL get why top tier guilds need it. But when the majority of guilds do this it's just ludicrous.

It's like if say a Popeyes asked for a 20 page resume, background check, full body physical, CAT scan and ALL of this stuff. I mean they're not the feds or even Microsoft what does it matter.

Again TOP GUILDS ARE GOING TO ASK FOR APPS!!!! And people will GLADLY do it. But when local normal mode guild #14365 does it ot's kinda silly.

So yeah i think the REAL point is that apps are getting out of control and that newer/lessucky players get kibda screwed over evrn if they have GREAT potential.
    No, many of us get it, but do not agree.

Your stories are great, too bad all of us had those moments. People did the same shit in Vanilla dude.

What you are missing: Its THEIR GUILD, so they can be as PICKY as they like.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marchen View Post
    I agree so much with this. I don't know what make people being so elitist these days. Raiding is a lot easier, playing the game too.
    Stop screaming Elitism all the time... using apps =/= elitism.