Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    You really don't have a clue, do you?

The company I work for, for 12 years now, ALWAYS has adds up for hiring.. even in times we're laying off 100's of employees.
    So..... think again before posting these links. about what they could mean; because you know, they don't always mean that the company is really hiring.

Business strategies are very divers nowadays... maybe you should read up on 'm or shut up about it.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Blizzard's art team is a precious commodity, it's in many ways the heart of their company. They are always hiring someone who can do what they need, because it's so rare to find someone.

They not only need to have an affinity for Blizzard's style and content, they need to work well and have the right attitude. They have to share the design philosophy.

There's no corporate conspiracy here to make it look like they're doing well. They have something called an earnings report every quarter and it's not private information.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    with how fast they're putting out GREAT content....im okay with waiting on player models.
    ..and they're 8 years old not a decade..
    Actually some of the models are a decade old with some tweaks.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I stopped playing WoW until they update the models which are a decade old by now. And my bet is that we won't even see them in MoP, rather in the next expansion as something "new" which should be out by now if they weren't scratching their ...

Anyone else that shares my opinion? Are Blizzard really that slow or a company which makes billions can't afford to get this needed change out for so long?
    Very low on my priority list, gameplay is much more important to me. If you really quit the game and won't play until there are new character models, you're better off not playing the game really....

And even if they made trillions, it's THEIR money and they get to decide whatever they spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    The problem is not as much creating the new models as it's HOW they will interact in the environment. To clarify - HOW will this model look on this mount, HOW will Warglaives look on this model (will there be graphical clipping etc etc).

Make no mistake, this is a MASSIVE undertaking in an already big game. I think new model design has been demoted because Blizzard tries to keep up with other MMOs more frequent content patches.

Personally gameplay is more important to me than graphical changes. Having written that, I definitely wouldn't mind new models

Z.
    That isn't really a major problem for this project. They aren't making brand new designs. The skeletons will look exactly the same in that they will line up perfectly if you stacked them. The new skeletons just have many more points of articulation for animations. More stuff that moves. As they are making this an option for people, they have to be doing it this way, otherwise they are literally doubling their workload for every single new armor model in this game that will ever come out just for people who keep their old model.

All of the models share universal points, imagine at the shoulders, the elbows, the hips, the neck, etc. All Blizzard has to do is design armor around those universal shared points. Clipping is only an issue when a model is at rest in their idle animation. Otherwise, you are intended to "pretend" you don't see the clipping.

Blizzard uses minimalism in their art style, which is very challenging for some people. In minimalism, things are sometimes left out to suggest a detail your mind is meant to fill in. When you look at it from a distance or without scrutiny, your mind fills in the detail. You're not meant to look at it up close really. But even today with Pandaren and Worgen and Goblins looking great up close in some ways, things like clipping in animations follow the same kind of philosophy sort of. You're not supposed to look at it so literally and so closely.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Why not? Do people still play nintendo 64 games?
    I do a complete playthrough of LOZ:OOT every couple of years or so

and IMHO despite being a 13 year old game, I still believe diablo 2 blows the hell out of anything else blizz has made to date.

gameplay>graphics indeed.

Deleted
    If texture models ruled the world I could name 4-5 other MMO´s that should had blow blizzard of the no. 1 spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Why not? Do people still play nintendo 64 games?
    Yes. I even go back to NES games(even those I havnt played before, so the nostalgia value of the games are none-existing). The game-play is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Bro, do you even lift?
    They will never have it perfectly balanced, it's a continually changing. Claiming it's not perfect doesn't mean it's bad. You obviously base all of your opinions on your own anecdotes which is why you think "I would know if I pvp'd obviously".

When you learn how to actually think, try to debate a point. And try to make a more nonsensical remark while you're at it. You may as well say WOW should devote it's time to curing cancer and world hunger instead of new character models because you don't want them and you just want what you want worked on because it's more important.

What the fuck does the art team have to do with balancing pvp?

It's a rhetorical question. don't strain anything.
    Totally base all my opinions on only my experiences and have never had any idea what this game's actually been like for the 6 years I've been playing it. Totally. Maybe you should stop frothing and trying to insult people over nothing at all. I'm not debating anything. I'm educating you. Character models aren't as important as actual gameplay, period. If they were...well we'd have them already, wouldn't we?

Balance has always been an issue and yes, it always will be. But there are times where it's much less of an issue and there are times where it's much more of an issue. They have resources and budgets and they should pour most of their time into how the classes play, not how they look. Maybe you want your character looking pretty for the next patch while he gets blown to shit but most people would rather be able to actually play their favorite class and do well with it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Considering how people are losing their shit over the old troll female mesh with a 512 instead of 256/128 texture, if they ever do create new player models they'll be making some serious money on racechanges.

Amazed they're still stalling. Seems to be Dance Studio v2.

FYI - The new models are already made. We already see them on various NPCs in game. There's always the chance that there are some races not quite done yet, but I would guess they are.

I'm speculating the wait if testing and QA. There's armor & animations & mounts...etc, etc. that are already in game that have to be adjusted to the new models and given that they already exist, it's easier to overlook missed detailed.

It would surprise me if Blizzard is also waiting for overwhelming community outcry for them as we can rest assured their will be massive complaining about them when they are first released.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Blizzard's art team is a precious commodity, it's in many ways the heart of their company. They are always hiring someone who can do what they need, because it's so rare to find someone.

They not only need to have an affinity for Blizzard's style and content, they need to work well and have the right attitude. They have to share the design philosophy.

There's no corporate conspiracy here to make it look like they're doing well. They have something called an earnings report every quarter and it's not private information.[COLOR="red"]
    Nowadays companies can't hide these, so it is never a secret what the earnings are.

And I wasn't talking about Bliizard's art team being precious or whatever... I was merely talking about these adds. They don't have to mean anything....... just saying.

Another point I want to make: not all great designers work at blizzard and not all will ...... Blizzard is not the only comnpany who values their team, all companies do.
    Don't pretend one has to be something out of the ordinary to be hired by Blizzard, cause that sounds utterly naive.
    People come into companies and learn... you know, humans learn, they aren't born the way they are now.

Blizzard is a normal company employing normal people, who learned something (talented or not).
    If those employees aren't working out for whatever reason, blizzard will fire them.....

pls don't make it sound more than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else that shares my opinion?
    No. Because char models are waaay more problematic that say a new boss model. I remember a tiny little change on the human females eyes back in BC. Boy the forums were in flames.

Blizzard has to be extremely careful with these models, because a lot of people grew quite attached to their character.

THATS why they take so much time.

Personally I believe that Charmodels will come with 6.0 prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Personally I believe that Charmodels will come with 6.0 prepatch.
    This is what I believe also... it doesn't matter if they are done now or not, they won't be coming in MoP; it is a great new xpac feature, so the next xpac is the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    New models are being worked on so we should see them eventually. I wouldn't cry and quit if they decided not to do them but I do feel it's something that is needed. Content is ongoing always since it's an MMO, model updates will take time and effort but once finished and implemented, the character model update fairys can sleep for eternity.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    I can't understand why people want new models when you never see your character since it's totally covered by an armor.

For the new facial animations? Nope because you always see your character's back and the camera is too far to see other players facial expressions (if they aren't fighting the same thing as you, in that case you see their backs too)

The only visible animation when i use my character are his harms lifting up or shooting foreward and i can't see how you can improve that basic animation.

Instead of adding new models Blizzard should add new casting animations because that's what we see all the time in wow.
    Maybe, just maybe let the casters with a staff to cast spells using it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I care about gameplay not the way the game look, best example, minecraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    I can't understand why people want new models when you never see your character since it's totally covered by an armor.

For the new facial animations? Nope because you always see your character's back and the camera is too far to see other players facial expressions (if they aren't fighting the same thing as you, in that case you see their backs too)

The only visible animation when i use my character are his harms lifting up or shooting foreward and i can't see how you can improve that basic animation.

Instead of adding new models Blizzard should add new casting animations because that's what we see all the time in wow.
    Maybe, just maybe let the casters with a staff to cast spells using it ?
    Not everyone covers their entire character in armor. Not everyone even shows the helmet on their character. Transmogrification exists for a reason, and there are a ton of good looking sets that aren't necessarily "slutty" but still good looking whilst still showing a bit of the character.

Furthermore, not everyone has their camera setting at full zoomed out, a lot of people has the camera rather close to the character, and look at their character, from different angles, really sodding often.

There is also a rather large part of the game that consists of RP (just in case you didn't know, WoW is actually a MMORPG), and there you look at each others characters even more.

New models are definitely needed, it's especially noticeable when my goblin stands next to one of the Orcs in my guild raid, the vanilla races looks as if they come from a completely different game...

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Could give a F about models, I care about gameplay and nothing more and yes I do agree they are slow as hell for a billionaire dollar company don't get me wrong on that.
    "Could give a F about models", So basically you could give a fuck or you don't. Your "tough guy" act is actually really frustrating, I see you on most threads and I only wish you would show a bit more care to the conversations. No one really cares if you don't give a fuck because 90% of us here are here ONLY because we are interested about the possible updates to character models.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    People will be bored of them soon after they are released anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of my one friend who started playing and complains about how the gear looks on his character and wanting more detail on gear, hair, and basically just complaining about WoW's looks, it gets really annoying having to deal with that.

But anyway I understand your point OP but I could care less about the models right now. I've been playing for 6 years now and I still enjoy the current models. Hell they could keep them like that until WoW officially dies. What I care about most is gameplay and story and MoP does it great. You really shouldn't quit WoW just because of the models, that's just not a very good reason to quit a game. Unless you've experienced everything, you're skipping out on a lot of great content.

I would like new models though, would be refreshing I think.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Good. I could care less about graphics and animations etc etc. I'd rather them focus and balancing pvp and fixing other gameplay issues.

Blizzard only does crap like this because they want you to think they're improving the game when they're just changing pixels. Don't get fooled by their bells and whistles.