View Poll Results: Why Do You Think European Countries Generally Dislike Immigrants?

Voters
292. This poll is closed
  • I don't think they generally dislike immigrants.

76 26.03%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.

59 20.21%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to culture

40 13.70%
  • Public perception of immigrants is due to their lack of assimilation.

89 30.48%
  • Other

28 9.59%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    That ought to have been outlined.

Gypsies belong in there too. Those deserve fire, but that's another discussion.

I think i found your picture...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Also Europe hasnt built a massive wall along the border like the USA does with Mexico.
    Of course it has, it's called Greece. Can't blame them for getting hardcore about it, especially now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    You know, I see this argument a lot, but I've never seen anyone coming with anything to back this theory up, with the exception of media talking about how hard it is for immigrants to get a job.
    Some of these figures come from immigrants who are war refugees etc. so ofc they get higher average welfare when the government "has to" first buy them furniture and everything else that is involved in getting their life together, because obviously they have barely nothing to start with (sometimes literally nothing), while the average native on welfare only gets his monthly welfare. And then there's also the fact that immigrants on average have larger families and many children, while the native on welfare might have just 1 or 2 children, or none at all. So the numbers are skewed to some degree so it isn't a fair comparision.

So it's possible immigrants could get higher welfare on average but not for the reasons some people think.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-01-14 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    ~img~
    I think i found your picture...
    Spot on.

Deleted
    Notice the lack of question marks in my post.
    So what, it was sarcasm or what? Can barely make sense of that post in that case.

Deleted
    You know, I see this argument a lot, but I've never seen anyone coming with anything to back this theory up, with the exception of media talking about how hard it is for immigrants to get a job.
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article16025204.ab

??

Spot on.

All brought on by sexual frustration...

hmmm...

And why people should like immigrants who don't assimilate with the rest of society, don't respect the law, don't want to work but want to have big social advantages? And this is how most immigrants from middle-east and north africa look. Not to mention that their (islamic) culture is not compatible with western civilization at all.

Deleted
    All brought on by sexual frustration...

hmmm...
    Give the man some credit. Sexual frustration was just another reason to keep up his crusade.

Deleted
    How does that say anything about immigrants not wanting to do anything productive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Not to mention that their (islamic) culture is not compatible with western civilization at all.
    Does. Not. Compute.

Does. Not. Compute.
    Free speech clashes with religion. They tend to put violence behind religion more than the western world does. Used to do - but doesnt anymore.

Deleted
    How does that say anything about immigrants not wanting to do anything productive?
    "Where as in Europe many immigrants come here, get welfare benefits (that in many cases are better than what a "normal" citizen can get), and live on those benefits without ever doing anything productive."

Tell me, what does an apartment cost in Stockholm to hire? If it's even possible that is. Then look at how much money they're paying for a place to live at for those immigrants.

Is that even reasonable? They just get that money thrown at them, 37,000 sek. Per month. THAT'S MORE THAN WHAT MOST PEOPLE WHO WORK EARN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    And why people should like immigrants who don't assimilate with the rest of society, don't respect the law, don't want to work but want to have big social advantages? And this is how most immigrants from middle-east and north africa look. Not to mention that their (islamic) culture is not compatible with western civilization at all.
    Most religions aren't compatible with the western society in it's full form, doesn't mean that all muslims praise the Qu'ran hardcore. One of my best mates is a muslim, believes in Mohammed and Allah and that yaddah yaddah, doesn't mean he hates Sweden (in fact, he prefers Sweden and Canada than his homeland Lebanon), don't want to go on jihad to slap in some sharia laws into Sweden, heck, the women in his family don't even have veils because they think it looks ugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They still are. Yesterday the British housing(?) minister said that they will have a severe housing shortage caused by the hordes of Romanians and Bulgarians that will flock next January when the UK restrictions against us expire...
    They're just being silly as usual, Bulgaria and Romania aren't part of the schengen space yet >.>

Deleted
    It's the unspoken fact that when you talk about immigrants, it's a muslim, african or arab, whereas if we talk about Brits or Germans, they're just that, Brits and Germans, either that or Europeans.
    Well, to be fair, most people coming from EU countries only stay for a couple of years while NA/ME immigrants stay for life.

1st place of immigrants to sweden is homecoming swedes from work, studies/living abroad, second largest is iraqis for example last time I checked.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    They're just being silly as usual, Bulgaria and Romania aren't part of the schengen space yet >.>
    Take a look at 2004/38/EG

Deleted
    I don't know exact statistics but I'll give couple of rough examples of why europeans might not like immigrants.
    In germany in 20-30 years there won't be any more 'purebred' germans being born, they'll all be either 'pure' immigrant or mix of different people, and in London this year for the first time in history there were less pure Londoners than new and old immigrants. Those two examples alone show why some countries might not be so fond of immigrants because let's face it, everyone wants to preserve it's own heritage and who would want to see their country in 50 years being completely changed people wise. I believe if african countries were any richer and poor people from other places of earth tried to immigrant there to live they wouldn't be too fond of them themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    "Where as in Europe many immigrants come here, get welfare benefits (that in many cases are better than what a "normal" citizen can get), and live on those benefits without ever doing anything productive."

Tell me, what does an apartment cost in Stockholm to hire? If it's even possible that is. Then look at how much money they're paying for a place to live at for those immigrants.

Is that even reasonable? They just get that money thrown at them, 37,000 sek. Per month. THAT'S MORE THAN WHAT MOST PEOPLE WHO WORK EARN.
    Does that really happen? It sounds preposterous to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone has problems with the average house, yard n kitchen muslim, or any other immigrant that's willing to adapt, behave and work for his money.
    It's just that there are so many immigrants that simply aren't adapting, not willing to learn your language, to lazy to work living on the cost of the state, and troublemakers.

Not to mention that just looking at them makes you a racist in their eyes, especially muslims are good at calling other people racists for no real reason. And knowing you'll end up with a whole group surrounding you ain't fun either, because that's another thing, they always are in group, never alone.

And just to clarify, I have no troubles with immigrants and muslims and whatever, as long as they behave and adapt and don't act like lazy shit. On the other hand, if they immigrate for free money or to seek troubles, they can fuck off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post

We already had this discussion, household owners are the ones that charge that much, we could've had it much cheaper if we could regulate how much profit a household owner can charge for an apartment.