View Poll Results: Why Do You Think European Countries Generally Dislike Immigrants?

Voters
292. This poll is closed
  • I don't think they generally dislike immigrants.

76 26.03%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to their crime rates.

59 20.21%
  • Public perception of immigrants is negative due to culture

40 13.70%
  • Public perception of immigrants is due to their lack of assimilation.

89 30.48%
  • Other

28 9.59%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Crime rate and lack of assimilation.
    Take in mind media presents crime rates more then what good those people did, so crime rates are a bit skewed.
    However, lack of assimilation, when you live in a free society and then you see someone who considers their women to be some sort of objects (just an example), you can't accept such a person. And as such you tolerate them and their kind less.

However, in general those that do assimilate we have no problems with. The most of us at least, there's of course the old cranky people who consider every immigrant evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourthelife View Post
    whatever the government does they avoid it over and over aggain check France and the "Burqa law"
    Has it ever crossed your mind that these governments keep implementing the same failed policies over and over again yet expect different results?

Deleted
    There are immigrants in Romania ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    We have jobs for our population. There's a major crisis in the Swedish IT sector, because there aren't enough qualified people. Qualified being the keyword. Yes, immigrants do jobs for less money. They're also fairly few. We get 11000 ME immigrants per year, that's extremely little for a population of 9,5 million people. If they somehow take all our jobs then immigration is the least of our problems.

No, the biggest problem is education. Do you realize how many people in high school go barber, theatre and music classes? Then they end up draining on everybody's money because they can't do anything but cut hair. Now that's a strain on society.
    Yes, I agree. Education plays a big role in this mess. But we don't have enough low entry jobs for our growing population of over educated teenagers. As you said, many of them educate in full markets and then end up on AF. But then what? It's almost impossible to get a spot to re-educate yourself. These people will go unemployed for a long time before they are even considered to be given a spot. The only chance they have is to take the hard route. Get a job, get a haircut(From one of our many barbers) and get some very needed experience. But these kind of low entry jobs are vanishing. Mostly due to higher standards(thanks to education) but many of these jobs also go to work immigration, rehabilitation jobs etc.

My alcoholic uncle just got a full paid job against his will! That's another great example of royal fuckup in this country. He gets a job he doesn't want while a kid somewhere that would love that job has to rely on welfare because AF and our stupid ass system think he's too young or don't have enough education/experience.

Back in 2005,2006 I had a job contract with a company just outside of Finspång. It had 60~ employees whereas 30 were polish, 20 were contractors(like me) and 10 had rehabilitation/2nd chance spots(like my uncle). There was not a single employed kid at that company.
    I just think it's fucked up, that's all.

Also, I'm not saying work immigrantion is taking all our jobs, but it sure as hell doesn't add to our society at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-01-14 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Wrote the wrong town.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And since you're from the US, I'm sure your art classes are different from Sweden's. Sweden's art classes are pisspoor that learn nothing.
    It's not about only your ability to regurgitate useless information or ability to use a certain program. Mathz follow a --> b --> get the right answer, teaching of linear thought not a bad thing. Arts teach entire different thing, and involve different parts of your brain. Neither is useless both have places, but to discount "art" is asinine and close minded.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Yes, I agree. Education plays a big role in this mess. But we don't have enough low entry jobs for our growing population of over educated teenagers. As you said, many of them educate in full markets and then end up on AF. But then what? It's almost impossible to get a spot to re-educate yourself. These people will go unemployed for a long time before they are even considered to be given a spot. The only chance they have is to take the hard route. Get a job, get a haircut(From one of our many barbers) and get some very needed experience. But these kind of low entry jobs are vanishing. Mostly due to higher standards(thanks to education) but many of these jobs also go to work immigration, rehabilitation jobs etc.

My alcoholic uncle just got a full paid job against his will! That's another great example of royal fuckup in this country. He gets a job he doesn't want while a kid somewhere that would love that job has to rely on welfare because AF and our stupid ass system think he's too young or don't have enough education/experience.

Back in 2005,2006 I had a job contract with a company just outside of Finspång. It had 60~ employees whereas 30 where polish, 20 where contractors(like me) and 10 had rehabilitation/2nd chance spots(like my uncle). There was not a single employed kid at that company.
    I just think it's fucked up, that's all.
    Definitely, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I don't think it has to do much with immigration more than getting kids into the work market, which is an entirely different topic.

lol, I can imagine an old 70-year old man with large beard staring into the washing machine talking quietly with himself. "Chabba hakmud allihbaba..."
    He got no beard, he's tiny though, like 1.65, the only word I've ever heard him say(and thats after being invited to them 2 times) and meeting him countless of times on the yard outside the house is "hej" BIG GRIN ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    Neither is useless both have places, but to discount "art" is asinine and close minded.
    The problem being how few places there are for the artistic-minded in the job market compared to the number of people who want to pursue a career there.

Because Europe is the middle of the world and we get illegal immigrants from , africa, middle east, asia, usually the vast majority of those immigrants end up being work force for mafia and other illegal organization, drug selling, prostitution, rape etc, all have skyrocket since this enourmous mass of immigrants have started coming here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    It's not about only your ability to regurgitate useless information or ability to use a certain program. Mathz follow a --> b --> get the right answer, teaching of linear thought not a bad thing. Arts teach entire different thing, and involve different parts of your brain. Neither is useless both have places, but to discount "art" is asinine and close minded.
    I never discounted art, but when you have four art classes with 30 people in each of them, like the situation in my school, then don't you agree there needs to be some kind of limit to how many can get into one of those classes?

And while I understand that there might be things that can be done better with an artistic mindset, students don't get to learn to use these in any practical way besides acting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's dickheads, yes dickheads, I cannot stand.

Dickheads can be natives, immigrants, black, white, brown, male, female, tall, short, thin, fat etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Because Europe is the middle of the world and we get illegal immigrants from , africa, middle east, asia, usually the vast majority of those immigrants end up being work force for mafia and other illegal organization, drug selling, prostitution, rape etc, all have skyrocket since this enourmous mass of immigrants have started coming here.
    You might want to check the numbers on your skyrocket there..

Deleted
    Recession feeds racisms and such ideals. Specially since most EU countries have welfare, people have the idea that "immigrants either steal our jobs or stay here for welfare".

Fear keeps people voting certain people. Fear causes people to ignore "actual flaws of the system". Fear keeps people attacking poor people instead of others

Definitely, I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I don't think it has to do much with immigration more than getting kids into the work market, which is an entirely different topic.
    No it's the same topic if the kids can't get entry level jobs because many of them are taken by immigrants that are paid less.

Deleted
    I treat strangers in the night like any other stranger - I avoid them because I don't want to take the chance, even if he's a white dude.
    I live in a small locality, I know like every single white guy here if they're teenagers and up. None of them would touch me. The immigrants, the very same ones that went to the school, I don't really dare going close to them. They're the reason I even feel unsafe at nights, not any white guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No it's the same topic if the kids can't get entry level jobs because many of them are taken by immigrants that are paid less.
    Immigrants aren't the only ones that take jobs, we have older people that are prioritized because they are more experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I live in a small locality, I know like every single white guy here if they're teenagers and up. None of them would touch me. The immigrants, the very same ones that went to the school, I don't really dare going close to them. They're the reason I even feel unsafe at nights, not any white guys.
    Again, I'm sorry you feel it that way but you're making broad generalizations based on your own situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    You might want to check the numbers on your skyrocket there..
    In italy we have a total of 65000 peoples in jail, the extra-ue are 20000 and the ue are 4000, basically 1/3 of the total.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say they dislike immigrants, I've certainly never encountered any hate. I'd say those that do do so based on their dislike of the actions of certain individuals which they then proceed to apply to the entire community because they're dumbasses.

Deleted
    It's a few factors, but here in the UK the press still have a hold on the average Joe (particularly heinous hate papers like The Daily Mail) and tell them:
    - They took our jobs! (They weren't yours, there is always work for those that want to work!)
    - They took our benefits! (Everyone gets the same wherever you come from)
    - They want to change xyz (They're scared of you, as you are of them, they're just not as vocal)

Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys banana, if you can work, work. If you can't then the state should help.

EDIT: Should have said that goes for everyone and their aunt Fanny.

Deleted
    I'm going for a lack of integration. It leads to the problem where communities start to feel separated and alien even within your own country. You can understand that immigrants would feel more comfortable around their own but it really doesn't help public perception.

Also not sure if op is trolling.