[Destruction]Quick Question on Haste

Can someone tell me why haste is superior to crit and mastery ?.

Mastery increases most of our spells' dmg and Crit is good in general.

Haste reduces the caste time of our spells.But they reduce the cast time only like 0.2-0.4 seconds and not more than that I believe.

The reforge priority (from the sticky guide on mmo champion) is as follows

"Intellect --> Spell Power --> Hit (Up to 15%) --> Haste >= Crit --> Mastery"

So the question boils down to this :

Is faster casting of unbuffed spells better than slower casting of bufffed up spells (with mastery build) ?

I am currently stuck in deciding whether to choose this trinket or not (which prompted to write this thread).
    As both the 476 Raf trinket (Light of cosmos) and this has "Haste" as its main stat.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93259

(Shieldwall Spell Dmg Trinket - Shock Charger Medallion)

My toon :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...4uron/advanced

P.S :
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usalk/advanced
    As you can see Brusalk is also stacking mastery.
    Last edited by vpywow; 2013-01-14 at 06:45 AM.

It comes down to if you have Grim of Supremacy or Grim of Sacrifice.

As Destro, the stat that most effectively boosts your demon is Haste. So with Grim of Sup making your demon a major part of your DPS you stack Haste to buff your pet. This also lets you cast spells faster which generates Embers faster which means more total Chaos Bolts cast over the duration of an encounter.

However, if you take Grim of Sac and don't have a demon, Haste loses some of its punch. Instead you're better off stacking Mastery to make your fewer Chaos Bolts hit harder. Combined with the Grim of Sac boost to Chaos Bolts you get some truly monster nukes, though you hit more lightly in between them.

I believe the theorycraft is that a Sac/Mastery build comes out ahead when you can cleave your monster Chaos Bolts with Havoc to double their effectiveness, while a Sup/Haste build is slightly ahead on single target. However the margin of difference is fairly small and can be ignored unless you're pushing heroic raid kills. And even then, the difference between Haste and Mastery isn't an enormous one. That trinket is very good no matter which way you go because you can control when it activates and line it up with multiple Chaos Bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    It comes down to if you have Grim of Supremacy or Grim of Sacrifice.

As Destro, the stat that most effectively boosts your demon is Haste. So with Grim of Sup making your demon a major part of your DPS you stack Haste to buff your pet. This also lets you cast spells faster which generates Embers faster which means more total Chaos Bolts cast over the duration of an encounter.

However, if you take Grim of Sac and don't have a demon, Haste loses some of its punch. Instead you're better off stacking Mastery to make your fewer Chaos Bolts hit harder. Combined with the Grim of Sac boost to Chaos Bolts you get some truly monster nukes, though you hit more lightly in between them.

I believe the theorycraft is that a Sac/Mastery build comes out ahead when you can cleave your monster Chaos Bolts with Havoc to double their effectiveness, while a Sup/Haste build is slightly ahead on single target. However the margin of difference is fairly small and can be ignored unless you're pushing heroic raid kills. And even then, the difference between Haste and Mastery isn't an enormous one. That trinket is very good no matter which way you go because you can control when it activates and line it up with multiple Chaos Bolts.
    Thanks very much for such a thorough explanation.
    It cleared a lot for me

FML I was reforging out of haste according to Icy-Veins.
    Ah well...

Deleted
    I just go for mastery when I use GoSup and GoSac. It's just more fun.

Works well even when we progress and down HC bosses too!

The DPS isn't going to differ -that- much regardless of what secondary stat you prefer as destruction!