Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,124
    I'm 18, 195 right now, still growing each year. Was 194 last year.
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei|Rao

  2. #42
    Im around 179cm and I feel short when I see ppl 6ft+ , but I remind myself of how many people fave to look up to see me in the eye here in my hispanic community and I feel good, being average is good I reach everything I need to and I dont have problems with seats or doorframes, it feels like the world was made just for me XP

    OT: I dont think ive grown a bit since I turned 16 when I had a BIG growth spurt when I grew like 2+ inches in like a month.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2013-01-14 at 02:07 PM.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

    Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

  3. #43
    The Insane Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,181
    Lol what? I'm 5'10 and sometimes I feel short when I'm around a bunch of 6'+ people; however, I am not short...nor do I whine about it. There are actual short guys.

  4. #44
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Im 19 and 176 cm tall, shortest person in class and when im in town I look upwards towards everyone and they look downwards at me.

    Its depressing as hell...

    Will I grow more?
    I'm 179, I'm about 10 cm taller than anyone in my family. There are advantages to being average height. Like living longer and not having wierd clothing sizes

    I don't think it's likely you'll grow much more in height. It's depending on that thing called puberty, and you've probably had most of that by now.

  5. #45
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,848
    I'm 195 cm. I stopped growing upwards at around age 17 I think, but my frame continued to fill out until about age 25. I was still pretty skinny at 25 years old, but I weighed a good 30 pounds more than I did at 17. Then I started putting on about 35 more pounds over the course of the next 4 years in fat. Good thing 35 pounds doesn't look like much when you're 195 cm.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm 179, I'm about 10 cm taller than anyone in my family. There are advantages to being average height. Like living longer and not having wierd clothing sizes

    I don't think it's likely you'll grow much more in height. It's depending on that thing called puberty, and you've probably had most of that by now.
    The world is built for average sized people. I really wish all the kitchen counter tops in the world were like 20 cm taller, for example.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Im 19 and 176 cm tall, shortest person in class and when im in town I look upwards towards everyone and they look downwards at me.

    Its depressing as hell...

    Will I grow more?
    I guess you live in the Netherlands? The only place where 176 cm is short.
    And you keep growing till your 21, somethimes even longer, but just much much slower then in your puberty
    I'm an acceptable 181 (still small compared to our Northern neighbours)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I'm proud to be xenophobic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Leaving the EU would not in any way pose a negative impact on the UK's economy or means/ability to trade with countries within the EU.

  7. #47
    seriously? whining about being average height like youre some kind of midget? this thread is dumb, and so are you. Don't care about some stupid infraction... why are young people so dumb and ignorant these days, crying about the dumbest shit.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Majad; 2013-01-14 at 03:56 PM.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm 195 cm. I stopped growing upwards at around age 17 I think, but my frame continued to fill out until about age 25. I was still pretty skinny at 25 years old, but I weighed a good 30 pounds more than I did at 17. Then I started putting on about 35 more pounds over the course of the next 4 years in fat. Good thing 35 pounds doesn't look like much when you're 195 cm.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:19 PM ----------



    The world is built for average sized people. I really wish all the kitchen counter tops in the world were like 20 cm taller, for example.
    Too true. I'm between 185-190 somewhere (don't know the exact number, but a bit higher than a friend who is 185 :P), and the bane of my existence is lawnmowers with fixed handles (just low enough that my lower back hurts), and shopping carts (same thing).

    @OP: 176 is, as others have said, slightly below the norwegian average. Not nearly enough that you should feel short, though. And you DON'T stand out. I'm norwegian too, and 176 simply isn't short enough that you'd be "that short guy" in an average crowd. Shorter, but not short.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

  9. #49
    Growth can go up to 25ish, sometimes further... it depends on the person but its rare.

    176 you are fine lol.
    Learn to accept yourself instead.

  10. #50
    I'm 168, stopped growing at 15 years. Your height is fine, really.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  11. #51
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Too true. I'm between 185-190 somewhere (don't know the exact number, but a bit higher than a friend who is 185 :P), and the bane of my existence is lawnmowers with fixed handles (just low enough that my lower back hurts), and shopping carts (same thing).
    Hah, I was thinking that at the grocery store last night. I have to hunch over to push the freaking grocery cart. Bad for the back and unattractive to boot!
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Hah, I was thinking that at the grocery store last night. I have to hunch over to push the freaking grocery cart. Bad for the back and unattractive to boot!
    Get down with your legs, not your back, now now.

  13. #53
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Get down with your legs, not your back, now now.
    God that would look weird.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    4,590
    Generally speaking, most girls are full height at 15-16 and boys around 16-17. It's rare that a person has any meaningfull growth after those ages.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2013-01-14 at 02:47 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  15. #55
    Get extendable arms so you can reach lower without bending your back ^-^
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

    Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

  16. #56
    Move to a country where the average height is lower.

  17. #57
    I am Murloc! Tiili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The world is built for average sized people. I really wish all the kitchen counter tops in the world were like 20 cm taller, for example.
    What is the numbers on them now?
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

  18. #58
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    What is the numbers on them now?
    What numbers on what?
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  19. #59
    Dreadlord Ripox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    839
    182 at 15...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What numbers on what?
    I think Tiili means the current height of countertops.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

    Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •