Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I think Tiili means the current height of countertops.
    Oh. I didn't know, but I knew it was uncomfortably short. I just looked it up, and it's 3 feed tall, so about 91 cm tall. That means there's 104 cm between the top of my head and the countertop.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I believe women stop growing younger than men. Men can keep growing into their young to mid 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Some men don't finish growing until their mid twenties.

Stop drinking caffeine, booze, and/or smoking and you have a chance.
    Lol what. I drank pop for the last 5 years, about 2-3 cans a day, and I'm 6'4" or 193 cm. Age 21 currently.

Generally, women are done growing around 18-21 and men around 21-25 I would say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Oh. I didn't know, but I knew it was uncomfortably short. I just looked it up, and it's 3 feed tall, so about 91 cm tall. That means there's 104 cm between the top of my head and the countertop.
    Which is like, good height! Gotta think of us small people.

Deleted
    Maybe Jötunnheim isn't the place for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Lol what. I drank pop for the last 5 years, about 2-3 cans a day, and I'm 6'4" or 193 cm. Age 21 currently.
    Haha yeah. I've always been a big coffee and soda drinker. Caffeine doesn't appear to have stunted my growth at all, unless I was actually supposed to be 230 cm or something, in which case I'm really glad I drank all that caffeine over the years.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Which is like, good height! Gotta think of us small people.
    Not in my own home I don't! Why not think of us tall people too? Seriously though, when I get my own home at some point, I'm going to make a point of raising all the countertops. It'll likely reduce the resale value of the home, but it's worth it for my quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    I dont drink caffeine/alcohol but I cant survive without 7+ cigarettes a day. Tried everything to quit but no good. Does nicotine really impact height that much?
    There have been studies completed that show that nicotine can stunt a persons growth, no different than caffeine. I started smoking when I was 16, and I haven't grown since. I'm very thankful for it, because I'm 6'4" (195cm.) If I was any taller, I'd consider cutting myself off at the knees.

you never stop growing.... the direction of which you grow just changes from up to out..

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    176 is short in norway, It is not short world wide.
    Why is 176 short in norway? because everyone is like 185+ even the girls.
    176 is just a little below average in Norway. ~180 for guys and ~167 for girls.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2013-01-14 at 04:26 PM.

Apparently we Scandinavians are larger than others... I can't speak for you, or maybe me, but my mom stopped growing at the age of 21, and my dad SAYS he is still growing at the age of 48 (don't think we should believe him though) There is still hope!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Apparently we Scandinavians are larger than others... I can't speak for you, or maybe me, but my mom stopped growing at the age of 21, and my dad SAYS he is still growing at the age of 48 (don't think we should believe him though) There is still hope!
    Usually you've started shrinking by that age.

I'm 190cm, about 6'3". I stopped growing around 21. But i was still about 183cm when i was 19.
    I do have stunted growth in my legs, i would have been around 200cm doctors tell me.
    I don't and have never smoked. I did binge drink before it was legal for me to drink though, because i'm a rebel.

Check your parents height. Do you or your siblings look more like a certain parent?

Still man, stop smoking. It stinks. It's like not wiping your ass because it gives you a buzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what country is 177 CM ''tall''? That's short here =/

I'm 17 and I'm 189 CM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Im 19 and 176 cm tall, shortest person in class and when im in town I look upwards towards everyone and they look downwards at me.

Its depressing as hell...

Will I grow more?
    Unfortunately you are probably not going to grow much more in terms of height. Your epiphyseal plate is what causes long bones to grow lengthwise. Yours has probably already been replaced by the epiphyseal line but might not be the case as it can take until age 23 for complete ossification of your leg bones. But once your plate, which is cartilage completely ossifies (hardens into bone) lengthwise growth can no longer take place.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-01-14 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    In what country is 177 CM ''tall''? That's short here =/

I'm 17 and I'm 189 CM.
    Bolivia, Peru, the Phillippines, India, etc. There are lots of countries where the average male height is close to 160 cm. The Netherlands is an extraordinarily tall country. Some might say freakishly tall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Primary longitudinal bone growth in over 98% of all human beings is complete by the age of 21. That is the point at which you have a long period of static height, followed by a very slow, very gradual slight decrease in height of between 1/4 inch and 1 inch caused by age-related joint & spinal compression.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was 176cm....at the moment I am 172 or so and I am older than 20.

Deleted
    I'd say be glad with your height cause my 2 meters isn't in every situation handy.

Deleted
    im 17 and 182cm tall and i still havent had my growth spurt, my doctor tells me im gonna be like 193+... id rather not grow that tall

Finnish btw.

Deleted
    I'm 21 and 197cm, grew almost 20cm from 18-19 lol