Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    then i was going to have to interupt the monstrosity and then myself within like 3 secs of each other, so i was setup on the monstrosity waiting for his cast and when he started i could not interupt him, no matter how many times i slammed the 1 it wasnt possible. . Anyone know what caused this?
    if you are casting you have to interrupt yourself first before you are able to 1 (and thus interrupt the boss)

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    if you are casting you have to interrupt yourself first before you are able to 1 (and thus interrupt the boss)
    is this a regular occurrence? i cant remember ever having this problem but it happened to us 4 times last night, and what are the chances that both i an the tank had our own explosions to interrupt at the same time as the monstrosities interruption

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    is this a regular occurrence? i cant remember ever having this problem but it happened to us 4 times last night, and what are the chances that both i an the tank had our own explosions to interrupt at the same time as the monstrosities interruption
    likely, the tank's was on cd if he was alternating strikes

Deleted
    I posted earlier in this thread with a complete tactical summary of how we achieved our guilds first kill. We used the dedicated stacker on Amber Shaper tactic for our first kill and the details are on page 1.

However this week, I wanted to try a different strategy. I believe it is also in this thread, again on page 1.

The tactic we used this second week differs in practice to our original strategy by stacking the debuffs on the monstrosity instead of maintaining stacks on the boss in p2. We also made the following changes.

Phase 1:

Allowed an 8 tank rotation. Tank 8 would be stacked rest of the fight.

Tank 6 leaves one blob up.

Tank 7 leaves 3 blobs up.

Phase 1 - 2

At this point we were carefully watching the timer for Scalpel. We nuked Tank 7 down to sub 20% so he could free himself and Bloodlusted the boss 4 seconds before scalpel was cast. This allowed a significant amount of time to dps Amber Shaper while he casted the Scalpel and delayed the start of p2.

It is very very important that you push the boss under 70% while he is casting, and as close to the start of the cast as possible.

Dots should already be running on boss as you push him under to allow maximum time for using nuke spells. For example I play Shadow. I make sure I have VT and SWP on boss as we push him under 70% and try to make sure that I have 2 stacks of Orbs going sub 70%. This means I can MB him and DP3 hitting for around 4,000,000 in two GCD's.

We managed to push the boss to 22% in the short amount of time you have before the boss goes immune.

You should have around 56 - 63 stacks on boss as you lust. (Each tank can theoretically get 9 stacks off each time they get reshaped but 8 is more likely).

What does this change?

Well, this change for us made P2 a lot more stable. We simply stacked all the debuffs on monstrosity in order to get it finished off as quickly as possible and push us into p3. We didnt make any other game changing tactical changes except to burn dps/healers to 40% who got reshaped and allow one player to bring them down to 20%.
    P3 became slightly harder in that we had to kill the boss without a gazillion stacks on it and meant we actually had to deal with orbs, but since we had boss so low (and started stacks on him when monstrosity was like sub 20%), p3 wasnt a huge amount more difficult.

So basically, the original tactic made p2 quite tricky to maintain stacks on both monstrosity and boss, but with huge reward in trivialising p3.
    New tactic balanced the fight out a little, making p2 more manageable and consistent but with an extended phase 3.

we decided to do the big burn in p1 strat, every attempt we got him between 18-28% going into p2, we even had a wipe at 800k health left 25 secs from enrage(i cried). but i think we have a problem in p2, we have been leaving the people getting reshaped in p2 in the constructs(breaking out the tank who got reshaped in the scalpel burn) and not breaking out the following 2 constructs, so usually by the 2nd dps/healer we kill the monstrosity because of how many stacks he has on him, but we are also going into p3 with 2 people already in constructs, this is not the right way to do it correct? should we just keep the normal rotation of getting them down to 20% before the next person get reshaped as we did with the tanks in p1? and if so we should get about 3 constructs total in p2 and leave the 3rd one to go into p3?
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-01-25 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    Free dps healer constructs in p2.

The way we do this is have the whole raid nuke them down to 40% and then our mage just pushes them below 20 after that.
    Only free 2 people. If you are having more people reshaped in p2 you are not doing enough damage to the monstrosity.

Deleted
    2 tanks 3 healers 5 dps

-Tanks eat one pool each in p1.
    -Have tanks keep up the debuff throughout p1 and the transition into p2 of course.
    -Hold dps on boss at 75-80% and push him into p2 as the 4th reshape life goes off. This reshaped tank will stay a construct until you loot.
    -The permanent monstrosity now just runs between boss and Giant amber and cycles the debuff. Of course he interrupts himself when neeeded and drinks pools as appropriate.He never worries about interrupting Giant Amber.
    -The first Amber scalpel in p2 is the hardest part to heal with this strat. Lots of respawning ambers and new ones coming. Use some raid CDs for sure.
    -For fling we usually have ret taunt and run away or get gripped. But if it is on a ranged then the tank can taunt middair and get it back.
    -Reshape is timed 5-10s before Giant Amber explodes the first 2 times it will happen in p2. This means that the newly reshaped life person runs straight to the Giant amber and gets rdy to interrupt. Then drinks no pools just spams the debuff onto Giant amber until they can exit. Do so.
    -The 3rd explosion comes almost at the same time as the 3rd reshape. You have 4 options here
    1. Lust inbetween 2nd and 3rd reshapes and hope to kill him before the 3rd is cast.
    2. Gather close to Giant amber as it is about to go off, hopefully get the interrupt as the new reshape wont have to run much to be in melee range.
    3. All gather up and use massive raid CDs to survive it.
    4. Allow the tank to stop stacking on Giant amber and concentrate on getting the interrupt while keeping the boss debuffed.
    -When you are geared you wont even get a 3rd explosion without lust.
    -P3 lust if you still have it of course, collide the first 2 baubles and he should die before the next set are relevant.

Hope this helps.