Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Just curious, Is the 4 pc worth it for assassination? or is it better to go with 2 pc and crit mastery offpieces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Just curious, Is the 4 pc worth it for assassination? or is it better to go with 2 pc and crit mastery offpieces

when i play around with shadowcraft the difference between 4 pc and 2 pc is only about 1-3k on a total of 430-433k, so its not even 1% difference but 4pc is still slightly ahead. also the set pieces are much easier to get compared to the 2 (3) off set pieces on heroic warforged.

I believe ShC still undervalues the 4pc, so make sure you take that into account. Basically, it averages the bonus mastery out over the encounter rather than putting a big chunk of it only in Vendetta (since it averages Vendetta out too).

So, the 4pc is better than ShC says it is, and it's worth using.

What im doing wrong with shadowcraft? everytime i check it tell me to reforge half of my gear, i reforge it, relog, then check the site again and its send me to reforge again.

Example
    Reforged Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy to -334 Haste / +334 Crit
    relog, reload from armory.
    Reforged Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy to -X mastery / +X Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    What im doing wrong with shadowcraft? everytime i check it tell me to reforge half of my gear, i reforge it, relog, then check the site again and its send me to reforge again.

Example
    Reforged Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy to -334 Haste / +334 Crit
    relog, reload from armory.
    Reforged Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy to -X mastery / +X Crit
    Here's a post for you. The important bit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The reason ShC will reforge differently from subsequent auto-reforges is that it snapshots the EP values at the moment you press the button, then it does all the reforges with those static values, then it calculates EP vaues again (which often end up different because reforging can move around a ton of stats and again, our stats scale really well with each other). To optimize around this, you should:

1. Hit Auto-Reforge a few times and start from the highest DPS set
    2. Check your EP values
    3. Reforge your lowest EP stats to your highest EP stats; keep checking this as you change them
    4. Change gems in the same manner
    5. Keep doing this until any other changes cause you to lose damage
    You can also just use a definite reforge priority (Advanced > Force Priority > Custom Reforge All) and get pretty close to optimal.

Deleted
    Can you actually be relevant with dps with assasination in Seige?

Like I love assasination but most of the fights seem to have a lot of AOE and work well with combat which quite frankly I hate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Can you actually be relevant with dps with assasination in Seige?

Like I love assasination but most of the fights seem to have a lot of AOE and work well with combat which quite frankly I hate lol
    The higher your gear level, the more Mut falls behind. If you're just in normal gear, it's competitive, and maybe better outside of the heavy cleave fights. It's pretty far behind in full heroic gear.

I wouldn't play it with that kind of damage disparity, but others do. I just don't like the spec in general, though.

I got a question about Shadowcraft and Assa, I remember using it in an era gone by when it had way less options.

Currently I came back to the game and I see that shadowcraft gives you the option of '' Use shadowcraft's priority '' and then premade weights like master > haste > crit or mastery > crit > haste , etc etc.

Now I got fairly bad gear atm ( ilvl 510 and I t's a mix of T14/15 with Timeless and SoO LFR gear ) and the way I currently use Shadowcraft is that I load data from armory, then select '' Use Shadowcraft's priority '' under Advanced and then on the Gear tab I hit ''Auto reforge all'' and ''Optimize gems'' and currently Shadowcraft is making me let go of expertise and haste in favour of just capping hit and then giving me mastery and crit.

I know that on low gear levels Exp is less valuable due to fact that a missed Envenom refunds energy and still gives the buff, but I am wondering if I am using Shadowcraft correctly ?

I also tried to go under Advanced > force priority > custom reforge all after doing it the above way while using Shadowcraft's priority and it just said ''

[0:20:6] Starting reforge optimization...
    [0:20:7] Finished reforge optimization! ''

I don't doubt shadowcraft's knowledge but it feel weird being almost 2.5% under the exp cap and doing my haste and exp into crit ( even though Shadowcraft said my dps went up with 10k doing it this way ) , it's probably right but I get this feeling I am not using Shadowcraft correctly like back in the day when it had fewer settings.

it also has a bug where it says I should do the 2nd socket in my dagger to gem X but it only has 1 socket, but that's beside my main issues :P
    Last edited by FluFF; 2014-07-06 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The higher your gear level, the more Mut falls behind. If you're just in normal gear, it's competitive, and maybe better outside of the heavy cleave fights. It's pretty far behind in full heroic gear.

I wouldn't play it with that kind of damage disparity, but others do. I just don't like the spec in general, though.
    I feel like Mut has gotten the same treatment Marksmanship has this tier. There are a few single-target parses that show that mut, single-target at least, is not that far behind combat if at all. Marks hunters have had the crap dps rep for the whole expansion to where no one plays it, but when someone in a high-end guild decides to put their mind to it, marks can hold up on ST with the other hunter specs.

The problem is, as noted, marks and mut are significantly behind once you put any kind of cleave or aoe in an encounter.

(Check warcraftlogs for all rogues for 10/25/man heroic immerseus, 25man heroic malkorok and iron jugg. There's even some top mut parses for nazgrim as well.)

I did a quick and dirty shadowcraft on your character, and subbing equivalent level daggers for your mh/oh, found that mut would be 4% less than combat on the raw number it gives you. That's of course enough of a disparity to make a difference, but it depends on your viewpoint if 4% is "pretty far behind" or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'm using shadowcraft right or I just don't understand how it works. I might also be retarded, I'm not sure.

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu/draenor/regicide

I've tried changing the options and reforging priorities and it seems that any changes it tries to make to my current reforges are dps losses. I suppose that means I shouldn't be changing them, but how come it won't stick with my reforges instead then? If it reforges my gear and loses 100 dps doing so, shouldn't the stat weights change and cause another change in reforging? For me it just sticks with the reforges it made despite the fact that it even says it's a dps loss.

I guess it doesn't matter much, considering that it's only like 0.07% of my dps and it's only an alt of mine that I likely won't even do any serious raiding with, but I just don't understand why it's doing that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nnnn it's doing something odd, unless I'm missing something, too (granted, I haven't slept yet). I'm showing expertise > crit for your stat weights, but items still auto-reforge haste->crit when haste->expertise is available and expertise is not capped. Reforging manually yields a bonus here.... but for some items it's running hit->expertise rather than hit->crit, so it's acting a little inconsistently. I find it very bizarre.

Exporting the weights to another reforging program (like AMR) and then importing the gear, and checking the new weights should still function well for anyone reading this who's really concerned about reforging and is seeing a similar problem.

Checking at least one other profile with some custom poking around, expertise is working fine in other theoretical profiles. I can't see where in your settings it would be messed up, but something isn't clicking.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-10 at 10:18 AM.

Looking for some info for my alt rogue. Ive seen in both the simc bis list and on various guides that the heroic soo stat weights for ass is haste>crit>mastery but the currently rank1 assassination rogue is going mastery>haste>crit without 4set can someone explain this?

Referencing http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Deora/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal gearing practice is irrelevant to end-of-tier ranking, and people intending to rank will reforge their gear for each fight's intended style at this point. Ranks have nothing to do with normal play, for some fights, at this point in time (see: parses for Immerseus - damage by target, Protectors - overall, etc.).

The question here isn't what's best practice, but what's best for ranking in your offspec... unless we assume Catastrophe regularly has a rogue at 501k with another at 783k (protectors).

That said, mastery is not necessarily bad in the first place. As always, it depends on the situations - for the parameters SimC has plugged in for the majority of testing, and for the data ShC is being asked to analyze, mastery is usually not the best stat. As # of targets increase, uptime of adds increase, fight duration and buff expectancy change, stats change significantly. It's too late in the tier to look at rank 1 parses for best practice for stats, sorry.

edit: to note, I'm not saying mastery > haste > crit is a bad choice of stats; honestly all stat combinations are close enough together that you'll be fine no matter how you set up, regardless.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-11 at 04:48 AM.

Hey,

Has anyone figured out the stat weights yet? SC sais multi>crit>haste>mastery. I am so confused.

Same here, Crit is probably the best.

Deleted
    Simcraft shows crit>mastery>haste. With haste-crit gems being best for red sockets and pure crit for yellows. Sadly no crit+mastery gems fit red sockets and the agi bonus seem to be worth 8agi and above.

Can someone explain to me why crit is valued so high at level 90 in 6.02? Is there some kind of mastery cap that we are hitting or something that makes it less effective or have diminishing returns? I've looked around and haven't found a good explanation for this, but checking some of your armories I see those of you that run assassination have switched your gems/enchants to crit, so I've done that as well, but just curious as to why that is the case right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Can someone explain to me why crit is valued so high at level 90 in 6.02? Is there some kind of mastery cap that we are hitting or something that makes it less effective or have diminishing returns? I've looked around and haven't found a good explanation for this, but checking some of your armories I see those of you that run assassination have switched your gems/enchants to crit, so I've done that as well, but just curious as to why that is the case right now.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post29844076 and the first couple of responses to my post there should answer you in full.

Sadly, the majority of the answer is "stats were rebalanced a bit; new values required for a 1% DPS increase by stat".