Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    Right, thanks! Is there any point where X becomes very much stronger than Z&Y, like Haste was in ToT with 2x trinkets and meta?
    I dont think so, I havn't done any sims on bis gearset, but in my opinion(note the word opinion) , at least for assassination stat weights should stay roughly equal. What I would suggest is, if you run a sub/combat os , just reforge for that , if you dont wanna reforge between pulls and it would work fine for assassination as well.
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by straws View Post
    I dont think so, I havn't done any sims on bis gearset, but in my opinion(note the word opinion) , at least for assassination stat weights should stay roughly equal. What I would suggest is, if you run a sub/combat os , just reforge for that , if you dont wanna reforge between pulls and it would work fine for assassination as well.
    Ah, thank you, that makes alot of sense!

What is a standad rotation in a patchwork like fight? Got into a flex group last night on the rogue (which I've never raided with outside of LFR) and was pulling what I would consider crappy dps for having a 525 ilvel (dps was around 100k on most fights). I also went into normal for a couple of bosses and was pulling around 80k dps which was under the damn tanks. So I'm thinking I do something wrong. The only good thing is that at least I don't die from standing in stupid shit!

Character is Hackzai on Sentinels.

If somebody can offer some suggestions that would be great.

first of all: you are missing a enchant on your off hand weapon, no glyphs (although only the glyph of vendetta is mandetory for dps reasons),
    for talents i would use shadow focus for the tier 1, cheat death for tier 3, shadowstep (or burst of speed) for tier 4.
    with no legendary cloak and not legendary meta gem i would say go for a mastery heavy build.

use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/sentinels/hackzai/ for reforging and gemming advise.

for the rest i can't suggest anything without knowing what your rotation is.
    hope this helped atleast a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    first of all: you are missing a enchant on your off hand weapon, no glyphs (although only the glyph of vendetta is mandetory for dps reasons),
    for talents i would use shadow focus for the tier 1, cheat death for tier 3, shadowstep (or burst of speed) for tier 4.
    with no legendary cloak and not legendary meta gem i would say go for a mastery heavy build.

use http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/sentinels/hackzai/ for reforging and gemming advise.

for the rest i can't suggest anything without knowing what your rotation is.
    hope this helped atleast a little bit
    Thanks. I was using Ask Mr Robot and and going by their suggestions but I'll check out your link.

this is what I try to do: stealth - mutilate or ambush- slice n dice - mutilate - rupture - mutilate/that one that procs which I can't remember what its called - envenom when at 5 combo points. At that point I keep up rupture and envenom when at 5 combo points and its down to 1 second.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amase/advanced

If someone could help me please. I can't make heads or tails of SC when it flip flops from one stat to the other. I don't like how its telling me to lose so much mastery even tho i have my T16 2 set.

Quote Originally Posted by Muramase View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amase/advanced

If someone could help me please. I can't make heads or tails of SC when it flip flops from one stat to the other. I don't like how its telling me to lose so much mastery even tho i have my T16 2 set.
    2-piece T16 increases the value of crit by a big margin than all three stats (crit, haste and mastery) are very close to each other in weights. Mastery builds favor fights where aoe is necessary, while crit is favored in fights for single target dps. Since all weights are so close, when you get more of one stat, it boosts the weight of the other two, which is why ShC keeps showing you what you are seeing. The difference in dps for different builds isn't very large. Try out what you feel comfortable with and reforge in and out as necessary.

Read through Fierydemise's blog post
    Last edited by Designguru; 2013-10-24 at 06:17 PM.

I have been seeing a lot of Discussions on opener's recently. Now I understand Mutilate coming out of stealth is best way to go dps wise but....
    The Idea for Assassination is to have SnD and Venomous Wounds up Always, and do the best you can keeping Envenom buff up.
    I Find it best for me to Open Garrote and SnD with the one point u get from garrote, so now I have Venom wounds and Snd up with one quick button Macro Verse's the other way people been doing it (Mut, Snd, Mut, Mut, Rupt, mut, mut, Envenom at 5) those 2 mut's too get up rupt is 110 energy with no gain's back. My way (Garrote, SnD, Mut, Mut, Rupt at 5, mut mut envenom at 5) is no loss of combo point and max energy gain whole time. I am probably wrong who knows.

Hey guys. Need help with reforges on my rogue alt.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aggan/advanced
    Atm it is mastery>crit/haste. Shadowcraft showing its a way to go, but i'm not really happy with results :/

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbastian View Post
    I have been seeing a lot of Discussions on opener's recently. Now I understand Mutilate coming out of stealth is best way to go dps wise but....
    The Idea for Assassination is to have SnD and Venomous Wounds up Always, and do the best you can keeping Envenom buff up.
    I Find it best for me to Open Garrote and SnD with the one point u get from garrote, so now I have Venom wounds and Snd up with one quick button Macro Verse's the other way people been doing it (Mut, Snd, Mut, Mut, Rupt, mut, mut, Envenom at 5) those 2 mut's too get up rupt is 110 energy with no gain's back. My way (Garrote, SnD, Mut, Mut, Rupt at 5, mut mut envenom at 5) is no loss of combo point and max energy gain whole time. I am probably wrong who knows.
    The first post in this thread knows, it's been proven that garrote is sub optimal since it only ticks every 3 seconds, doesn't stack with rupture, can't proc dispatch and does very low damage.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Hey guys. Need help with reforges on my rogue alt.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aggan/advanced
    Atm it is mastery>crit/haste. Shadowcraft showing its a way to go, but i'm not really happy with results :/
    Try something different then? Crit > Haste > Mastery seems to be better for single target fights. Don't blame Shadowcraft. It is a simulator for static fights and is to be used as a reference. Play around with different reforges and figure out which one makes you happy enough.

If manage to use a single or even double Blindside proc in one Evenom should I use only one Mut? It especially seems to fell right if Rupture needs to be applied in the next couple of seconds, since i have extra energy?

However I'm sure if im loosing dps doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iiii don't think I really understand your question, Tomhvk. I presume you're saying that you hit 5 CP with 1 mut + dispatch, but envenom is still up? If you've got the energy, and you're not going to cap anticipation, by all means keep using abilities. The point is to maximize abilities under envenom (and its uptime), not minimize the number of abilities between them. If you're asking something more related to envenom + rupture uptime, you've lost me. Can you clarify?

Should I priortise getting maximum number of abilities inside evenom, or if i get some free blindside procs save my engery to get higher uptime on evenom?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Should I priortise getting maximum number of abilities inside evenom, or if i get some free blindside procs save my engery to get higher uptime on evenom?
    Number of abilities inside Envenom doesn't really have an effect on total Envenom uptime. If Envenom is up and you still have energy and you're not going to cap on CPs, usually you should just keep using abilities. Not using them simply means you're delaying those abilities until your next Env cycle, which doesn't really buy you anything.

The only way to get higher Env uptime is to not waste resources (that is, don't cap energy, don't cap CPs, don't let Rupt drop, don't clip Rupt, and don't clip Env).

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    You should be doing both. Maximize envenom uptime while also using as many abilities as possible while buffed with envenom.

As Squirl says, doing one does not negate the other.

Deleted
    I have a question, how can the two set t16 bonus stack? I haven't seen it in practice but theorywise, you use an ability and if it procs, your next ability (except finishing moves and CDs and such) get reduced by 6. But it can't really stack right? 'Cause you only get the proc from abilties that are already reduced. (I don't know if I'm making much sense...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    I have a question, how can the two set t16 bonus stack?
    Assassination (subject of this thread): crit Mut procs Blindside, the resulting 0-energy Dispatch crits (you're now at 2 stacks).
    Sub: don't hit anything, HAT procs multiple times (you're now at X stacks).
    Combat: it doesn't happen.

Yes, ALL stacks are consumed on the next ability that can consume them, so there's 0 benefit to having more than 1 stack at a time, as opposed to the same total # of procs spread across multiple moves one stack at a time. If it happens for assassination, it happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Assassination (subject of this thread): crit Mut procs Blindside, the resulting 0-energy Dispatch crits (you're now at 2 stacks).
    Sub: don't hit anything, HAT procs multiple times (you're now at X stacks).
    Combat: it doesn't happen.

Yes, ALL stacks are consumed on the next ability that can consume them, so there's 0 benefit to having more than 1 stack at a time, as opposed to the same total # of procs spread across multiple moves one stack at a time. If it happens for assassination, it happens.
    Cheers for clearing that up!

Deleted
    Nice post. Thx